forum

[Archived] IM LEFT HANDED

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TotallyToei
Problem Details: I think you all understand my problem from the get-go. I have a pen tab and I want to use it although I am left-handed. How should I set up my controls?... I've tried switching my click buttons to the arrow keys but it feels very weird using my right hand on them. HELP?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Sandy Hoey
You will get used to it. Although it is going to feel weird one way or the other. Either your right hand on the key or using your right hand to aim.
Toxi
I would think that you would use the same hand for your pen as you do with your mouse, but do whatever is more comfortable
and maybe chill out with the caps in your thread titles
Yurumo
When I was first starting out, I was split between using my left hand, which was my dominant hand to play hold the pen,
or try using my right hand to hold the pen.

I decided to use my right hand for the first week, and after a week of frustration, I gave up and switched back to mouse.
A month later, I decided to try out tablet again but this time with my left hand, and saw immediate improvement.

I got better accuracy, had better aim, and over-all just got better.
The only real issue though, was my right hand. I had spent a while training my left hand to tap
and switching to my right hand took me 4 hours of non-stop autopilot play to get my stamina back.

tl;dr
Just use your dominant hand to hold the pen and play more.
burakku

Pawnables wrote:

When I was first starting out, I was split between using my left hand, which was my dominant hand to play hold the pen,
or try using my right hand to hold the pen.

I decided to use my right hand for the first week, and after a week of frustration, I gave up and switched back to mouse.
A month later, I decided to try out tablet again but this time with my left hand, and saw immediate improvement.

I got better accuracy, had better aim, and over-all just got better.
The only real issue though, was my right hand. I had spent a while training my left hand to tap
and switching to my right hand took me 4 hours of non-stop autopilot play to get my stamina back.

tl;dr
Just use your dominant hand to hold the pen and play more.
^This; controlling your cursor needs far more effort than clicking circles at the right time.
Pen for the dominant hand and tapping for the non-dominant.