forum

How do I get better at reading ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
It seems like I'm only focusing on the music and not on the approach circle, is this a bad habit ?
SlowLogicBoy
At your current level yes.
At first you have to learn to focus on approach circles, that helps you when song tempo changes and you are hearing that song for the first time, later you learn what is better to focus on (on higher AR).
N0thingSpecial
Not bad habit

But you know what is bad habit? Not doing your research before asking anything.
Velura
Why do people always ask this kind of question, when they shouldn't be concerning themselves with that aspect too much yet in their learning curve?

Play more and eventually *poof* magic happens.
abraker

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Not bad habit

But you know what is bad habit? Not doing your research before asking anything.
You know what else is a bad habit? Replying to these kind of posts :\

at least our post count is happy
Sandy Hoey
Go to the library
Deva
Play however you want
Mio Winter
I don't understand people's reactions. This is a good question, and it's a good habit to ask these kinds of questions while learning. Trying to find out what conscious decisions to make in order to get better is a good thing--especially early on. : o

To answer the question: Eventually you want to learn to stop reading the approach circle. It's more efficient to read based on the order in which the circles appear by listening to the rhythm. I call this latter method of reading conductor-reading in order to distinguish it from AC reading ("approach circle reading").

At first, you probably need to start learning AC reading because the first maps you'll play are really hard to read with conductor-reading. Once you start playing AR 8 to AR 9 maps, your brain will start conductor-reading more and more and AC-read less and less. If you want to hurry the process of breaking the habit of AC reading, you can play with the HD mod. You can't AC-read with HD because, well, the AC isn't there.
Celine
read more
N0thingSpecial

Mio Winter wrote:

I don't understand people's reactions. This is a good question, and it's a good habit to ask these kinds of questions while learning. Trying to find out what conscious decisions to make in order to get better is a good thing--especially early on. : o
Yea except I did the same by doing research not effortlessly asking for help every time I hit a wall of some sort. Even if I did ask questions it was set up in a way that invite helpful discussion and not memes.

Unconditionally helping others sometimes isn't helping.
favela
by
reading
Deva

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Mio Winter wrote:

Yea except I did the same by doing research not effortlessly asking for help every time I hit a wall of some sort. Even if I did ask questions it was set up in a way that invite helpful discussion and not memes.

Unconditionally helping others sometimes isn't helping.
send memes please
N0thingSpecial

Deva wrote:

send memes please
Nut
Genjuro
you focus on the music with your ears and read with your eyes so why not do both? xd
Solarys
read