forum

How do professionals play mania at such a high level?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bejewelled
I watch the osu! world cup for mania and what the pros do seems literally impossible. I can't comprehend a way that people can either memorize all those notes or sightread notes that fast.

I can barely play above 1* mania, and I don't really have a huge interest in getting better in mania, but I really want to know how the masters play this gamemode. It seems impossible to me.
Sandy Hoey
The same way that anyone does anything super well. Practice

Not exactly sure what you were expecting as an answer...
Tripletth
They play more.
ReTLoM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs

Suck less the next time you play

Most super ETs playing 10years or more
aitor98
you actually made my day by saying professional mania players lmfao
abraker
*professionally mashes keyboard*
Dez_old_1
you have to play more.

and when you think you've played the most, you're wrong. play even more.

and then you'll get good like them.
NightNarumi
Practice, adapt, improve.
eggy
Really goes without saying but play more.
DemonWaves

NightNarumi wrote:

Most important... OVERCOME
mijkolsmith

DemonWaves wrote:

NightNarumi wrote:

Most important... OVERCOME
overcome the derust
Domblade
Like, you just play a ton, and you get better, there's no secret lol.
NightNarumi
I also cant comprehend like, half the athletes on how amazing they are.
It’s the same
My Angel Nilou
Play maps more harders than your hability, meybe help you to be better
Caput Mortuum
why is your signature outside
abraker

Eraser wrote:

why is your signature outside
better question is how
this adds to a total of 4-5 different glitches the forums experienced in the span of 3 months so far
Bobbias
Quote the post. It uses the "[notice]" tag.
Caput Mortuum
plot twist
mulraf
idk. i just always wonder. do literally ALL mania players play offline only? i mean there's 1!! 1 player in the top 50 who has got more than 25k plays. more than 15% of the top 100 have a lower playcount than me and i'm not even #60k and can't even pass usual >2.5* maps. if i wouldn't enjoy game this'd be depressing to see D:
Caput Mortuum
idk they hang out in some weird keyboard games
Bobbias

mulraf wrote:

idk. i just always wonder. do literally ALL mania players play offline only? i mean there's 1!! 1 player in the top 50 who has got more than 25k plays. more than 15% of the top 100 have a lower playcount than me and i'm not even #60k and can't even pass usual >2.5* maps. if i wouldn't enjoy game this'd be depressing to see D:
Osu only counts plays on ranked maps. You don't have to be offline, you just have to play anything that isn't ranked. (Same goes for the "hours played" stat). I've only got 5.5k plays and 154 hours played according to my profile, but I know I've played a LOT more than that (I've literally played mania since it's release).

On top of that most top players probably have experience with other games such as o2jam, lr2, stepmania, canmusic, djmax, etc. (I have prior experience with both stepmania and o2jam)

And, once you're that good, all the ranked maps are too easy to be very fun, so there's not much reason to play them except to keep your pp up when a new hard map gets released, or to try to snipe the top score on something. While there are some really good players who enjoy ranked maps, most of them only play them for the pp, not because they have any fun with them.