forum

Challenge the Users Below You (Supporter Giveaway)

posted
Total Posts
show more
keremaru
my fingers must hate me
abraker
where are these people coming from all the sudden

damn this turned out to be too easy :\
spIyrg

abraker wrote:

where are these people coming from all the sudden

damn this turned out to be too easy :\
RIP abraker’s challenge points
spIyrg
It’s been a bit over 48 hours now since the last challenge was set, and Edgar seems to be a tiny bit late once again, so I’ll just post the next challenge now.

FC https://osu.ppy.sh/b/381798&m=0 with an S in standard, using the mod combination +HDHT (Slider-ends can be missed as long as it doesn’t break the combo).
Cynplytholowazy
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
yeah sorry that challenge ended at 4AM my time, so not really a great time to edit the post. Thanks for continuing on anyways. I updated scores
Husa
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
whoops, I moved Amateur Monkey up in ranking but forgot to add the 2 points. It's fixed now
vinnicci
ye, I can fc this in months time. rip
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
Nice job amateur monkey. First 5 points for a challenge suggestion. Anyways updating scores and next challenge can start
Husa
pass sukisuki last diff with 300combo+, all mods allowed but not relax, autopilot and nofail.
Good luck.
Best459
Tae
not even close to my 3 miss but oh well
spIyrg
When no mode is specified

I guess I’ll convert to mania and add the 4K mod
Husa
it is definitely osu ..............std last diff wtf yo
also you shouod be able to guess its std since autopilot is banned which the mod is for std because ap doesnt work on any other mode than std.
spIyrg
So, I'm guessing that this play no longer counts even though the challenge post didn't specify a mode?
Edit: well, Husa cleared it up as being fine, so yay! Free points!

BTW: I knew you intended it to be for osu!Standard, but I decided to point out how one could abuse the challenge restrictions.
Cynplytholowazy
abraker
damn I wish I wasn't packing right now. Just one more day is all I need ;-;
Husa
Actually, since I didnt write which mode specific, then all other mode is ok to do the challenge with, I think.
Just in case, post your score with other mode because it might count. :P
spIyrg
I don’t know this is just past the 48 hour mark or a few hours past, but the I can’t risk missing my opportunity (nor can I wait to get back to sleep). Now, let us move on to the next challenge!

Pass https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1474956 with the following conditions:
Mode: osu!Standard ONLY
Mods: +EZHD ONLY
Combo: 355+
Accuracy: >89%
Grade: B or higher

(Remember to play the highest diff)
Cynplytholowazy
Husa
challenge is just meant for cynply huh.. kms
spIyrg

Husa wrote:

I guess you could say that, but it’s more that I know Cynplytholowazy can (and seems willing to) beat these, and I am confident enough that nobody else here is willing to try and/or nobody else is capable after seeing the results of my last challenge. If you look through mod-specific map leaderboards, I don’t think that it would take long to find one of his plays sitting right on top of it, and if you look at my last challenge, there’s enough there that shows most of the people here aren’t confident with low-ish AR hidden for long enough to FC that map. It’s all about who’s willing to go far enough to get the points.

Personally, I think there should be rules in place saying that players can’t team up or work together, so that people wouldn’t want to even attempt to abuse this factor without likely repercussions (I’m surprised that no rules are in place regarding this already).
Husa
Thats ok, ill tryhard it tomorrow and see if I can do it >///<
The ending 1 2 1 2 jumps is a bit annoying to pass tho but else is fine :p
spIyrg
Is Edgar dead? He hasn't come around yet to update stuff...
FujiwaraNoMokou
a challenge,it's interesting.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/60089
MOD:HDHR

get full combo,and acc<89.5%
spIyrg

FujiwaraNoMokou wrote:

a challenge,it's interesting.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/60089
MOD:HDHR

get full combo,and acc<89.5%
Uhh... There's kinda a challenge on already, so maybe come back later when this one is over?
Husa
best combo was 330 but failed afterwards
edit: g i v e u p .
Firika

AmateurMonkeyYT wrote:

I don’t know this is just past the 48 hour mark or a few hours past, but the I can’t risk missing my opportunity (nor can I wait to get back to sleep). Now, let us move on to the next challenge!

Pass https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1474956 with the following conditions:
Mode: osu!Standard ONLY
Mods: +EZHD ONLY
Combo: 355+
Accuracy: >89%
Grade: B or higher

(Remember to play the highest diff)
And someone can ezdt it fc. :o
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
Score updated from previous challenge
Groex
It’s christmas so i do not have much time so i hope being a little early counts.

Pass onoken - P8107 [Nervous Breakdown] WIth 99% or more. (No Nofail, Relax or HalfTime)

Map Link: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/306583
Husa
7.80* LOL wtf... i wonder who is going to complete that with 99% but good luck and merry christmas o/
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
idk if I could pass onoken or not, the AR is a bit high for me lol
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro

AmateurMonkeyYT wrote:

Husa wrote:

I guess you could say that, but it’s more that I know Cynplytholowazy can (and seems willing to) beat these, and I am confident enough that nobody else here is willing to try and/or nobody else is capable after seeing the results of my last challenge. If you look through mod-specific map leaderboards, I don’t think that it would take long to find one of his plays sitting right on top of it, and if you look at my last challenge, there’s enough there that shows most of the people here aren’t confident with low-ish AR hidden for long enough to FC that map. It’s all about who’s willing to go far enough to get the points.

Personally, I think there should be rules in place saying that players can’t team up or work together, so that people wouldn’t want to even attempt to abuse this factor without likely repercussions (I’m surprised that no rules are in place regarding this already).
Yeah tbh I realized a few challenges ago that this was occuring but due to the fact this won't be going on that longer and the damage is already kinda done haven't bothered trying to combat it. After the 1st of the year going to ask for this thread to be locked. If people wanted to start up their own they'd be free to do so. Hopefully could find some way to prevent abuse.
abraker

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Hopefully could find some way to prevent abuse.
It's impossible.

You have a limited number of skilled players that function as a gold mine for harder challenges. You can't prevent players from asking other players to complete the challenge. You can get rid of those, or set a cap difficulty to which balances out the number of players able to complete it, but then it defeats the purpose of this game. You can have a predetermined group, but then either the skilled players still remain in that group or everybody has an equal chance, which is same as capping the difficulty. But if that is to go on, it defeats the purpose because then the game is reduced to the fact that posting will hold you back and whoever can complete most challenges gets the upper hand. Posting will hold you back because a good amount of players will be able to complete the challenge, giving you less points then if you were to complete the challenge.

________

There is a better form of the game with different rules that will work, however. A game where a group of N players propose a challenge and the player who's challenge is closest to the average of the number of players that completed each challenge gets the points. As an example:

Challenger A proposes a challenge which 7 players completed
Challenger B proposes a challenge which 2 players completed
Challenger C proposes a challenge which 4 players completed

Then Challenger C, which had 4 players complete the challenge, gets the points because (7 + 2 + 4)/3 = 4.33 is closest

This would allow even the challengers to participate in the challenges, and that can be a strategic participation too. Challenge picking will be akin to a complex form of rock, paper, scissors done sequentially.

Effect due to mechanics:

First one to throw the challenge will be on either extreme, second would be on opposite extreme, third would be closer to middle to that other end of that extreme, and so on. As a result, the strategy would be to make the difficulty closer to the average difficulty of all the players around to do the challenge. If all challenges are about the same difficulty, then it becomes a matter of what map the participants would like to do, and it becomes a popularity contest on who can propose a map most people would like to do. Just not too much, because remember, it's not who can get most, but who can get average. Asking friends to do your challenge will be spread out evenly across all challenges, so that cancels out.
E m i
Uuuuuhhh real solution: ban HD from challenges 8-)
keremaru
hd
im trash with it on ctb and taiko
Husa

Momiji wrote:

Uuuuuhhh real solution: ban HD from challenges 8-)
wtf nooo ban nomod instead 8-)
Lexii
Husa
oh shit someone did it >.>
show more