forum

LV.4 - Vapor's Ok Pack [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vapor-
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 12:48:11 AM

Artist: LV.4
Title: Vapor's Ok Pack
Source: BMS
Tags: BOFU 2006
BPM: 170
Filesize: 65096kb
Play Time: 02:17
Difficulties Available:
  1. Angel Dust [Vapor's Heavenly Challenge] (Marathon) - 4Key (6.35 stars, 2382 notes)
  2. Angel Of Darkness [15] (Marathon) - 4Key (5.03 stars, 2418 notes)
  3. Angel Of Darkness [20] (Marathon) - 4Key (5.21 stars, 2485 notes)
  4. Barbecue (Marathon) - 4Key (4.69 stars, 2394 notes)
  5. Booty on Fire (Marathon) - 4Key (6.09 stars, 1401 notes)
  6. CHUJ KURWA [SVs Warning] (Marathon) - 4Key (6.46 stars, 1908 notes)
  7. Crow Solace (Marathon) - 4Key (5.61 stars, 1556 notes)
  8. Gates Of Infinity [Infinite] (Marathon) - 4Key (5.84 stars, 3566 notes)
  9. lol (Marathon) - 5Key (0.05 stars, 2 notes)
  10. Night Ignition [Tachyon] (Marathon) - 4Key (6.15 stars, 5771 notes)
  11. Opening (Marathon) - 4Key (5.73 stars, 1274 notes)
  12. Pepe Silvia w/drums [Mail Time] (Marathon) - 4Key (4.15 stars, 1126 notes)
  13. Pine Nut (Marathon) - 4Key (5.26 stars, 2290 notes)
  14. Pork and Beans (Marathon) - 4Key (4.64 stars, 2600 notes)
  15. Quasar [Celestial Armageddon] (Marathon) - 4Key (5.46 stars, 1459 notes)
  16. Quasar [Galactic Transformation] (Marathon) - 4Key (4.44 stars, 1256 notes)
  17. Rose Quartz 1.3x (Marathon) - 4Key (4.88 stars, 1390 notes)
  18. Zero Gravity (Marathon) - 4Key (4.51 stars, 1486 notes)
Download: Various Artists - Vapor's Ok Pack
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Big shoutout to Nova / Veracion~! If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have even made this pack, or submitted it at least.

sobsob sob story, thank you, pls dont read
Ahh!! I'm releasing a pack!! I can't believe it!! Also, with no shitty vibro!!
For such a long time, I've loved to map, it's been a very big hobby of mine, but I never thought it would ever mean 'something', as I never thought I was really going to release anything big like this where I can just upload a bunch of maps that I've made and am 'proud' of in one place, instead of just uploading them all as different, single mapsets. I'm okay if this doesn't get recognition or if people don't like them, as long as people play these I'm happy.

I've put off making/upload this mappack for a while, as I feel it's kinda embarrassing, I don't know why, but now that I've finally done it, I feel so happy. I'm not sure if I will make another one of these in the future, but I hope to.

Some of these maps mean a lot of me and are significant to me. I've began writing the backstory of these maps, and just decided that I would do it with ALL of them, not just the real significant ones. From what the map entails, to how I decided that I was going to map them, to WHEN I mapped them, I will put everything down below. Thank you so much to whoever reads this!

backstory of maps
1. Barbecue
Created: End of July 2017.
I started making a map for Barbecue a little over a year ago, summer 2016 at my dad's house (I play osu! at my mom's house and am over here almost all the time). For some reason a few months ago, I downloaded a mania Barbecue mapset, which reminded me of the map I made at my dad's house last year. Now, I really enjoy mapping and my mapping 'skill' has increased by a load in the past year, so I decided to try to create another Barbecue map, but an even better one, out of the mapset, which I named "letes (sic) do this shit again," in remembrance of the map I made a year ago, but never finished, I got through a little less than halfway through it, but this time, I mapped the whole song. Not only that, I'm kinda happy with the way it turned out. This is the new difficulty.

2. Chuj Kurwa
Created: February of 2017.
(Beware of almost unreadable/definitely unsightreadable SVs. I suggest getting used to them in the editor, etc.)
Earlier in the year, I was on YouTube and watched a video of Cookiezi playing Chuj Kurwa mapped by fartownik. I really enjoyed the song, so I decided to make a 4K mania map out of it, substituting 'troll' SVs for the troll penis sliders, etc. However, when I was making it, the BG legitimately freaked me out, so I changed it.

3. Angel Dust
Created: Almost end of July 2017.
I was heavily into handstreams when I downloaded Snover's Angel Dust map. This one doesn't really have that much significance, as I just decided that I wanted map a difficulty for it. It starts out easy then gradually gets harder and harder.

4. Crow Solace
Created: Mid July 2017.
Another map that doesn't really have that much significance. I had the (now ranked) Crow Solace mapset downloaded and decided to create a pretty hard 'dump' file of it (why I put dump into quotation marks because its not that much of a dump.)

5. Booty on Fire
Created: Early August 2017.
I was watching a Cow Chop video when they started watching a video on LiveLeak called "Booty on Fire". I liked the groove of the song that was playing, and then I quickly changed from dancing to laughing very hard as the guy talking started yelling stuff in a very heavy Jamaican accent, and it soon turned to screams. I thought this would be VERY perfect for a dump file. I would first map the song (or overmap), then whenever he screams I would add some very fast rolls.

6. Rose Quartz 1.3x
Created: Unsure, I can't find the original file, but I think it was in September.
Let me just say right now how much I love Epsilon. People might say that its meme-y, but I love it, however its a little too hard. That being said, when it first came out, I thought it would be a great idea to map Epsilon, but map it normally. Rose Quartz 1.3x ended up being the only one I finished mapping. Actually, I did finish Mario Paint (I love that song more), but it wasn't that good, and I got halfway through Forgotten. I don't think I even started to map Hitsugi. Anyway, when I first mapped Rose Quartz 1.3x, there was this really stupid and hard vibro thing that I mapped (you know what part) and it was damn near impossible to hit and you could fail easily there. To put how retarded it is, I don't think even a good vibro player could really hit it, although I left the one in the break. Now when I put it in this pack, it started out that I would have 2 versions in it. One without the vibro thing amongst the handstreams, etc., and the original one with it.
However, not too long ago I just said fuck it and removed the original one. The one left is the one I edited.

7. Opening
(starting SV warning)
Created: May 2017, however finished at the end of August 2017.
I remember in May I was watching a Sam Hyde video and immediately really liked this song because of its old, vaporwavey sound, so I decided to map it. However, I couldn't find the song as it was very old and VERY obscure. I found it eventually, though. I made it into a jackmap akin to a VERY easier Rose Quartz.

8. Pepe Silvia w/drums
Created: Mid August 2017.
I was on YouTube when I found myself watching a video of a guy playing drums to a TV show scene, but I forget which one. I looked in the comments just to see what people were saying and people were really praising it and how well the actors' had a rhythm with their talking. However, I saw one comment that said that "Pepe Silvia" had a better rhythm going on. Now, I love It's Always Sunny and I remember watching this scene, so I knew I had to see this. It was great. As a joke, I decided to map it, which was very tedious considering I had to change the BPM every few fucking seconds, and some parts are too dense. Oh well.

9. Angel of Darkness
Created: End of August 2017/literal start of September 2017.
I was very obsessed with Angel of Darkness for a good few days and I decided to remap it. It's alright.
lv. 20 = Towards the end of the song, there's another verse where I put a hard quadstream section. Or maybe not HARD, per se. More like annoying.
lv. 15 = The handstream thing taken out.

10. Pine Nut
Created: End of August 2017.
I've always admired ATTang's Pine Nut file from a safe distance, like going to the zoo and awing at a tiger (or any 'scary' animal really) behind the glass, or farther. Same kinda thing with Rose Quartz 1.3x, I just decided to actually map Pine Nut. When I say actually, I mean actually. This has some kinda hard jumpstreams/handstreams.

11. Zero Gravity
Created: July 2016.
Last year, I played KSM (K-Shoot Mania) for a little bit, so I knew this song. In July of 2016, a map of Zero Gravity was ranked, but I thought it was too easy, so I started making my own map of it. However, when I started mapping it, I realized that it sounded like it could be a jackmap, so I made it that. Lots of minijacks and jacks.

12. Night Ignition
Created: Early September 2017.
Although, I can 'barely' play it, I LOVE Rose Quartz and the map, although I have no idea who made it. When I heard this song (Night Ignition), I immediately thought of how similar it was to Rose Quartz, but I'm not sure if I like it better. I decided to make my own Rose Quartz jackmap here, but this is a little bit harder.

13. Gates of Infinity
Created: Early-mid 2016. Finished September 2017.
Started mapping this in early 2016, I believe. Something got me to download this osu! (std) map of a song called Gates of Infinity. I really loved how this song sounded, so I decided to make a mania map out of it, however, I wasn't exactly that good at mapping yet, and I wasn't really used to it at all, but I still tried. I got 40 seconds in and quit, like I usually do. I map SO many different things, and what used to happen quite frequently is I would start a map, say I was going to finish it, so I upload it, and then I never work on it again. This is exactly what happened with this map, as I made it WAY too hard, to the point where I thought it was impossible, so I stopped. It was until very recently, however, when I started to REALLY LOVE and ENJOY speedmaps to a very high degree, like a fetish. It's even better if it's a dump and it's mapped to match the intensity of the song and your love for the song.
Anyway, I took a look at this map and said that it wasn't impossible (for e.t. players), so I decided to continue mapping. However, it IS batshit hard, but I've seen people pass harder things and even get totally insane fucking scores on harder things, so here's this. VERY, very, VERY dense 280bpm handstreams with trills in them. Also changed difficulty name from "Infinity" to "Infinite".

14. Quasar
Created: Late September 2017.
As I was looking for a good Kaiden Aura video for audio so I could map it, I stumbled on this song in IIDX. I really loved the very quiet, gentle, ambient sound of this song and I knew I could create a very crazy dump file because of the quietness, so I did. As like Angel Dust, the difficulty/denseness starts out very easy and gradually rises up.
Galactic Transformation = 155 / 232.5 BPM dense jumpstreams.
Celestial Armageddon = Holy shit, this is hard. Very dense 155 / 310 BPM jumpstreams. This is just insane.

15. Pork and Beans
Created: Late September 2017.
Wow, I'm very proud of this file. Definitely my favorite and most memorable map out of the pack. I was in the car with my mom and had the radio on, when I heard this song on one of the stations. There's something about this song that I just love, but I don't know why. I turned it up and listened to it more, and I decided that I was going to map this, and make a dump out of it, too.
However, this may not be that hard to most. Dense 238 BPM jumpstreams/streams.

X = Added
(rip speed of vapor~ and snow halation in-game version and baby)