forum

[HD] Yogurt [STD]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_8541283

I'm CBullet, and this is a skin I made in collaboration with Nixot.
-
Credit to AzertyAaron for the forum banners.
-
Thank you to FroxXyyy for providing a fix for lower resolutions.

Scaled down to 768x432.

Song Selection

Mods

Ranking Panel

Gameplay

Pause Screen

Fail Screen

File size - 10.6MB
AzertyAaron
Nice skin i recommend. Score numbers are still trash tho.
Btw, first
Incomp
h3oCharles
I like how all of the reviews you guys do, you can't do the stuff you con most of the time
Frogsi

h3oCharles wrote:

I like how all of the reviews you guys do, you can't do the stuff you con most of the time
Me smell burned bullets
+ I am having DTHD nightmares AND

contrast is for nubs dck the system
-nym
Nice name choice :). Unique skin i enjoy.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_8541283

JogurtOvocny wrote:

Nice name choice :). Unique skin i enjoy.
Ooky
I like the skin design and the attention to detail.

However, it would've been nice to have some other colors (like in the banner). It's a pain to go into each individual default-x to change the hue and it still look good. :idea:

Still 9.5/10
;)
rawrneru
Target practice unskinned and i cant see spins per minute

bad skin :^)
autoteleology
This would be a great skin if it had anything resembling a reasonable level of contrast. The hitcircles and slider trail have, at best, a difference of 20 levels of luminosity from the cursor (usually 10, and as little as 2 during kiai), and the cursor is bright white! On top of that, virtually no contrast is created through differentation of hue or saturation. You have white for primary elements, and for secondary elements... barely off-white salmon. If there wasn't a border around the cursor I would legit not be able to see the cursor at all, and it's really not a good idea to have all the contrast in this skin dependent on a single, fragile point of failure.

If you'd bothered to look at the skin I sent you on Discord you would have a perfect counter-example of the critical failure in this skin's execution, because contrast through balance of luminosity is literally the core, fundamental concept of my upcoming skin. Disappointing, because there are some really interesting ideas in here. I like the inverse brightness technique, the execution of the playfield border, and the alignment of the panels. But, the excessive brightness and lack of contrast undermines all of those ideas, unfortunately.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_8541283

Emersyne wrote:

This would be a great skin if it had anything resembling a reasonable level of contrast. The hitcircles and slider trail have, at best, a difference of 20 levels of luminosity from the cursor (usually 10, and as little as 2 during kiai), and the cursor is bright white! On top of that, virtually no contrast is created through differentation of hue or saturation. You have white for primary elements, and for secondary elements... barely off-white salmon. If there wasn't a border around the cursor I would legit not be able to see the cursor at all, and it's really not a good idea to have all the contrast in this skin dependent on a single, fragile point of failure.

If you'd bothered to look at the skin I sent you on Discord you would have a perfect counter-example of the critical failure in this skin's execution, because contrast through balance of luminosity is literally the core, fundamental concept of my upcoming skin. Disappointing, because there are some really interesting ideas in here. I like the inverse brightness technique, the execution of the playfield border, and the alignment of the panels. But, the excessive brightness and lack of contrast undermines all of those ideas, unfortunately.
yes
h3oCharles

Rachneru wrote:

Target practice unskinned [...]
Name 1 skin in the skinning forum that has target practice skinned (not counting TP mod icon)
lunaaririn
SO MUCH PASTELS, I LIKE IT <333
Frogsi

Emersyne wrote:

Do you play on 0% background dimm or why are you so mad about the white cursor
PoN-AyA
This is the cute ass non-weeb skin I needed in my life :)
rawrneru

h3oCharles wrote:

Rachneru wrote:

Target practice unskinned [...]
Name 1 skin in the skinning forum that has target practice skinned (not counting TP mod icon)
you just got memed on kid
autoteleology

FroxXyyy wrote:

When the cursor is white, and all the elements in the skin deviate in luminsoity from the cursor so little, that means everything is super bright and there is no contrast. It's not an issue with the cursor, it's an issue of the lack of differentation between the cursor and everything else.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_8541283

Emersyne wrote:

When the cursor is white, and all the elements in the skin deviate in luminsoity from the cursor so little, that means everything is super bright and there is no contrast. It's not an issue with the cursor, it's an issue of the lack of differentation between the cursor and everything else.
the cursor is green with a fully black outline, if you have problems seeing it i think it might be just you
autoteleology
Well, to be fair, I'm not the only person in the thread who said something about the general lack of contrast. The cursor does go a long way by using a black border as I mentioned earlier (I use a very similar element in my skin). I also admit it looks better on my Google Pixel than my TN gaming monitor, but I still think it could be improved.
Frogsi

Emersyne wrote:

FroxXyyy wrote:

I understand now thanks ;) I just misunderstood you.
zeplic
I sight read using the skin after failing to use the default circles. Replaced with numbers. It was better than i thought it would be.

I like the target practice access.

but just to fit in, how come you didnt skin the button. 3/5

https://streamable.com/o2xaf

Edit: already fixed, balance is restored

team work wins again 8-)
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_8541283

Emersyne wrote:

Well, to be fair, I'm not the only person in the thread who said something about the general lack of contrast. The cursor does go a long way by using a black border as I mentioned earlier (I use a very similar element in my skin). I also admit it looks better on my Google Pixel than my TN gaming monitor, but I still think it could be improved.
this sounds like a problem with your (and their) monitor, i'm using an tn panel with 100% srgb and have none of the issues you're mentioning.
autoteleology

CBullet wrote:

Emersyne wrote:

this sounds like a problem with your (and their) monitor, i'm using an tn panel with 100% srgb and have none of the issues you're mentioning.
In the same way that modern music is mixed and mastered to be listenable on any playback device, from audiophile to bargain bin, so too should your graphic design work seek to be workable in any display environment. It's not like I have some piece of crap monitor either, I have an XL2720Z. It may not be perfectly calibrated, but it's certainly not junk.

But I mean, it's whatever. I'm not looking to have an argument. It's just my opinion, if you think it's fine and don't feel my feedback is useful or befitting, you are fully within your rights to disregard it. But then again, who knows if there are other people who feel the same way but just don't care enough to speak up.
show more