forum

Why did you start on osu!?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lanhikarimega
Yesterday, I decided to look up some old meme songs to add to osu! , I have been quite unsatisfied with my performance lately, so after downloading This is Sparta, I did the only logical thing I could

I decided to turn NF on and try a difficulty that I definitely didn't have the capacity to beat, turns out midway through I started having fun regardless of how badly I was doing imeancomeonit'sthisisspartahowcanyounot? which then led to me trying to remember why I started up on osu! and when it had stopped being fun

And with that epiphany out of the way, I felt like asking you guys, why did you start to play osu!? was it Cookiez mad skills? was it you trying to prove to all haters that mouse only is the best option? did you watch one of the really hard maps and felt a bit of a masochist urge to try it knowing that it was a terrible idea? I'm curious, let me know!
my name is hi
I first downloaded the game because people told me it'd make me better at LoL and I hated it. 2 years later I picked it back up while bored and now I can't stop playing xD
I had no reason to start playing seriously, I just felt like it.

For your problem, at 400k, pretty much any play should give you rank (as long as it has a decent star rating) so just find mappers you like or songs you enjoy playing and play for fun. Once you get higher you can start worrying about rank, but of you do so now, you'll get bored of osu pretty fast :/
I speak from experience when I say that, btw

If you play just for rank, it's harder to improve (from what I've seen) because you end up restarting the same maps and all that does is train your muscle memory for these maps, it doesn't help out your gameplay all that much.
Try downloading map packs if you're tired of your current selection!
Endie-
I was at a LAN party about 2 and a half years ago. At that time I was starting to get tired of league after playing it nonstop for several years, and I was looking for something new to substitute it. I saw someone playing some kind of reaction game late at night. It looked pretty cool so I asked my friend if he knew what it was called. He told me that it was called osu!, and that it was a rhythm game.
The concept of rhythm games have always intrigued me. I used to go to my friends house to play guitar hero all the time, but I never bought it for myself.
The first night I started playing osu! is probably one of my fondest memories from this game. I tried playing multiplayer, and got to know people I still have connections with to this day. Looking at the global rankings was really inspiring to me as well. I watched some replays and thought to myself: "I want to be able to do that as well!". And here I am.
That weekend really changed my life, and I am truly thankfull for what happend. I don't know what I would have done without osu!, tbh.
N0thingSpecial
Need a F2P game to replace league that has less time restriction, rhythm game fits that description, stumble upon this game while looking at YouTube videos of Cyrus and deemo

I pretty much played for songs so there's not really a way for me to start or stop
Celine
I was a cookiezi wannabe
Freedom dive was my first map
Topic Starter
lanhikarimega
HAH! Called it!

Just realized I didn't really say my reason to start, so might as well do it now
Well, if I remember correctly (Spoiler: I do), I mostly wanted a rhythm game that would play similar to a Piano, then I stumbled into !Mania, after playing too many converts I went to normal osu!, and decided to stay, mostly because I liked the idea of being able to tap to more than just your usual rock band and guitar hero stuff.
Mio Winter
Why can't I subscribe to a topic without posting on it? I just wanted to lurk and read others' posts. Hrmpfh.

My story: Played another game (not fps, was about clicking orbs) -> wanted to get better at clicking -> searched YT -> found impossible osu! video -> wanted to do the impossible -> downloaded osu! -> best idea ever
KupcaH
Cousin introduced me to it, he thought I would like it.
Played for a bit, got bored and didn't play it. Then I've watched some Cookiezi insane shit and wanted to become good player.
Ideal
zephhyre and gayzmcgee
Thirty30
I saw a friend playing it and some other videos on it, so I decided to try it.
Kxxtos
I thought that the mouse dexterity would make me a better ADC in LoL. That all stopped once i got my tablet
Yandere-P
It seemed like a fun pass time.

And it was.~♡
NestLover
Well i play osu because my old vga broke, and i cant play any decent game.
And theres my liltle brother installing osu on my computer and saw him play a couple times... so i tried to play.. and got hooked by it, till now...
SlowLogicBoy
Was passively looking for a game like Guitar Hero then found
StepMania by Staiain - AGDQ 2016 -> Staiain -> Stepmania -> Staiain played osu!mania = I started playing osu! std
abraker
Flashback to a warm sunny day in July 2014. MizuTenshi99's friend wanted to get her to try out osu! but she was hesitating to download it. I got sick of their back and forth exchange and decided to download it on to my computer to try it out. Checked the game out, explored the stuff, gravitated toward the mania mode. Fast forward a couple hours, me, MizuTenshi99 and her friend are playing Tear Rain in multi. The rest is history.
Waffletrix
It all started on June 13 2017 when my cousin introduced me to Osu! well i am a fan of rhythm games like Cytus, Dance Dance Revolution, Guitar Hero etc so i told why not and let's give it a shot so now i became addicted to this game so every now and then i play regularly almost everyday it's been 5 months still i am happy and obliged to play this game made by Peppy :)