forum

[Archived] All my downloaded beatmaps are gone

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
macaroni_old_1
So last night I updated osu through the osu installer. When I opened up the application it asked me to log in. It never does that, my account is usually logged in automatically. When I got into the game everything was gone. All my songs and my skins were completely wiped out. Only the defaults were left. I went to log in to my online account to make a post about it, but it was asking for email validation for a 2nd time, when I already validated my email.

All the records of the beatmaps I've played, ranking, friends etc is still on the website but other than that it's as if my game has been completely reset. I use a shared computer atm so it's possible that somebody else accidentally deleted all my files but I think that's highly unlikely. In my osu file, there's nothing there either. Checked in the recycling bin and it's empty.

Has anyone else experienced this problem while updating? I think I must have made a mistake somewhere. Just wondering if there's any way I can recover those files. It'll really suck if I have to redownload all of those maps.

osu! version: 20171009cuttingedge
Upskirt
What do you mean you updated it via the launcher, you installed the game again?

Check C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local

You can do this by typing %appdata% into search.

You should find the osu! directory with your files.

12:56 Venzire: Forums
12:58 macaroni: the folder is empty
12:58 macaroni: i already looked there
13:02 Venzire: Your files will be somewhere
13:02 Venzire: I'll brb
13:02 Venzire: Unless you overwrote the folder itself...?
13:02 Venzire: Maybe it's on another user account in Windows
13:06 macaroni: i only have appdata in one user
13:06 macaroni: i checked windows and it said empty
13:06 macaroni: theres no "appdata" in my main user
13:25 Venzire: type %appdata%
Kondou-Shinichi
well sometimes when osu gets really fucked up it “updates” to fallback (get the joke? “update”)

it will cause every map to be gone (there would be a error message saying that the local beatmap database is corrupted)

in that case, you can just F5
if not, still try F5

check where did you run your osu
Topic Starter
macaroni_old_1

Venzire wrote:

THANK YOU!! This actually worked! :) I found the local file with all my song folders, but how can I redownload them? I click to open the .osu file and it says "Osu doesn't know what to do with this file type"
Kondou-Shinichi

macaroni wrote:

Venzire wrote:

THANK YOU!! This actually worked! :) I found the local file with all my song folders, but how can I redownload them? I click to open the .osu file and it says "Osu doesn't know what to do with this file type"
osu doesn’t knows how to deal with .osu alone.
to get a map, you have to either:
1. get a .osz
2. move the songs folder to the osu installation folder
Upskirt
Copy the song folder into your current osu! directory.

Replace where necessary.
PinkayPinkPink
Hello!

So, all my songs are gone, and I need help.

I opened up osu after a month and was faced with a client refusing to update. No problem, I just booted up the installed to update the client. But then the installer got stuck in an update loop, and even after restarting my PC, it wouldn`t update. So I got a fresh copy of the installer and updated it.

This time it worked. But there was a problem. All Twelve Thousand of my maps were gone. Okay, well the names were there but no sound. So I hit F5 and it said I had no maps. WTF.

So, I checked my folder to see if there was anything there. All of my songs had been deleted. All of them. I don`t understand why or how. They were there before the install. There are no other profiles on my PC. Where did TWELVE THOUSAND maps go?!

Osu Direct installed the base maps for me, don`t know why I`ve never had supporter in my life. Please help me.
Death

PinkayPinkPink wrote:

Hello!

So, all my songs are gone, and I need help.

I opened up osu after a month and was faced with a client refusing to update. No problem, I just booted up the installed to update the client. But then the installer got stuck in an update loop, and even after restarting my PC, it wouldn`t update. So I got a fresh copy of the installer and updated it.

This time it worked. But there was a problem. All Twelve Thousand of my maps were gone. Okay, well the names were there but no sound. So I hit F5 and it said I had no maps. WTF.

So, I checked my folder to see if there was anything there. All of my songs had been deleted. All of them. I don`t understand why or how. They were there before the install. There are no other profiles on my PC. Where did TWELVE THOUSAND maps go?!

Osu Direct installed the base maps for me, don`t know why I`ve never had supporter in my life. Please help me.

When you ran the installer it probably installed the game to a different location. Your maps/all of your other files are probably still somewhere else on your computer, just sitting there in whatever path you used to have the game installed in.
bluesquirt
please help when i was downloading bloody stream all my beatmaps gone,im searching .osz i found one thats blue bird but the map are changed.what happened
VIOLET DARLING
So umm I cant find my osu file in %appdata% its weird and I also lost all of my beatmaps. Please help

So I find my osu file and the file of the songss are here as well. Idk what to do next though.
Death

VIOLET DARLING wrote:

So umm I cant find my osu file in %appdata% its weird and I also lost all of my beatmaps. Please help
By default, osu! is located in %localappdata%, note %appdata%. If you are still having issues, please make a new thread. This one's pretty old.
Shinigami_02
All my songs are gone
JustABeginner

Death wrote:

please make a new thread.
Hi Shinigami_02!
GooseMean
So i uninstalled osu! yesterday. Probably because i ragequitted. I reinstalled osu and all of my maps are gone. in %localappdata% osu folder there is nothing to be found. WHen i click on 'songs' only the standard beatmaps are showing. Same thing for my skins and replays.
Anybody knows how to get my maps back?
THAT_otaku
You can't get them back, please back up your songs/skins folder before uninstalling next time. Uninstalling leads to permanent deletion of all osu! files, unless you use some sort of file recovery software, which may or may not work.

In the future, please don't respond to old threads, make a new one instead :)
SpyroPlays
Just had this problem, don't know if you fixed your problem yet but you just have reupdate again through the installer.