posted
Total Posts
show more
Metro
I'd be interested too but not for owc.
Orkel

Metro wrote:

avoiding oops combo breaks is a skill too
Yeah, but 1 miss or slider break shouldn't count so enormously as it currently does, with score counting it's worse than getting dozens of 100s and 50s because of the combo loss.

Accuracy battles would also be way more tense because you wouldn't know the winner right away when 1-2 players of a team miss a note
Neruell

Orkel wrote:

Metro wrote:

avoiding oops combo breaks is a skill too
Yeah, but 1 miss or slider break shouldn't count so enormously as it currently does, with score counting it's worse than getting dozens of 100s and 50s because of the combo loss.

Accuracy battles would also be way more tense because you wouldn't know the winner right away when 1-2 players of a team miss a note
Same opinion, but this is osu! and the score calculation is based purely on combo, nothing else ;) I am sure there is some topic about score calculation and combo / accuracy in some offtopic forum. If not I want at least a #3 here ( http://osu.ppy.sh/b/49101)
higurush
If we make this OWC this coplicated, it wouldn't make it easier to decide who win or not. There would be a lot of conflicts from it.

The current rules and judgemental details are perfect. Best score. Simple. Perfect. Isn't it?
GladiOol
Why are you guys discussing the fact that accuarcy has too less of an impact on score in OWC thread ?__?

Go put something in feature request or whatever, wanting a score change... but if I remember correctly something like this was already suggested. I dunno.
Topic Starter
fartownik
ATTENTION.
The teams are now allowed to make 2 changes in their lineups (first players and back-ups) or add the back-ups if they had any free slots. If a change is made, the captain of the team should post the new lineup in this thread with a bold in the changed players nicknames.

This 'changing window' lasts for every team until the beginning of their first match in 1/8 Stage. Remember, you can change only 2 players at total.
Lybydose
accuracy actually mattering
Welcome to every other rhythm game in the world.

It's kind of stupid how accuracy and timing mean absolutely nothing in this game. I'm not sure why we even bother with properly timing maps.
Qliphoth_old

Derekku wrote:

(I'd be interested in an acc tourny)

Not in this life
Salvage
i'd love that one .. acc nto being important in this game its kinda bullshit imo, and everyone who complains about it its cause they're bad at following the rythim
Neruell

Salvage wrote:

i'd love that one .. acc nto being important in this game its kinda bullshit imo, and everyone who complains about it its cause they're bad at following the rythim
Going a bit of offtopic here, but since this IS an offtopic thread since about page 30 I will say that that is just pure fact that accuracy has nothing to do with osu!. It only plays a role on a map where it really ends up having 100% or 99%, BUT http://osu.ppy.sh/s/18299 (this is just an example out of tons of other maps)
GladiOol

Salvage wrote:

Yes, having good rhythm in a rhythm game is so silly.
Salvage
i meant everyone who complains about the idea of an acc tourney .. the ones that goes against it and the acc meaning something in this game.
Mismagius
i'm bad at following the rhythm and i think an accuracy-based owc is a fucking stupid idea

\:D/ what now?
Wishy
Have you ever thought the fact that jumps and weird patterns are hard to hit and not hard to 300? osu! maps and stuff ARE played and mapped like that, there are maps that pretty much require accuracy and no aim at all. I agree that 0x100 1xmiss is way harder than 35x100 4x50 0xmiss but w/e, it depends on the map actually I think.
Salvage

Blue Dragon wrote:

i'm bad at following the rhythm and i think an accuracy-based owc is a fucking stupid idea

i don't know what you expect me to answer to this sir badass

i'm not saying to change the game anyways cause it's not gonna happen, but tourneys based on accuracy could be pretty interesting, cause i do think accuracy should be more important.
Metro
since we all agree that changing owc to an accuracy tourney is not gonna happen let's please take this conversation somewhere else :)
GladiOol
Gogo Cyclone, make an acc. tourney /o/
Mismagius

fartownik wrote:

ATTENTION.
The teams are now allowed to make 2 changes in their lineups (first players and back-ups) or add the back-ups if they had any free slots. If a change is made, the captain of the team should post the new lineup in this thread with a bold in the changed players nicknames.

This 'changing window' lasts for every team until the beginning of their first match in 1/8 Stage. Remember, you can change only 2 players at total.
Brazil
Captain: Blue Dragon
Player 1: fabriciorby
Player 2: antsu
Player 3: Caco
Back-up 1: Gaba
Back-up 2: Asterio
Hanyuu

Blue Dragon wrote:

improve and be a pro/god :D
Gon
so when are matchups going to be released? (losing my hype here)
Akai-_old
Russian team has decided to have a back-up player change.

Russian Federation
Captain: Akai-
Player1: Vpalach
Player2: Kert
Player3: Rost94
---------------
Back-up Player1: BinGOSU3 (instead of 646kapeh064)
Back-up Player2: cr1m
Nashmun

Metro wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

So, can we get a game list thingy soon? I want to know who everybody is facing next round(s)
same here!
^
NatsumeRin
Japan (A1) vs Hungary (B2)
Poland (C1) vs Canada (D2)

France (E1) vs Malaysia (F2)
Brazil (G1) vs United States (H2)

Netherlands (B1) vs Germany (A2)
Korea (D1) vs Ukraine (C2)

Russia (F1) vs Chile (E2)
Argentina (H1) vs Taiwan (G2)

meh, hope someone good at PS could help me a bit on this one. i really suck at things like this.
fabriciorby
revenge will be made
Mismagius

NEVER FORGET
Metro
rofl
fabriciorby
that's why we won taiwan, just to have our revenge
Maestro_old
Russia (F1) vs Chile (E2)
Argentina (H1) vs Taiwan (G2)

yum yum, i won't miss these matches!
YodaSnipe
oiii Canada and Poland T_T BRING IT ON!!!
Gorlum
Poor Korea...
넌 가능성이라곤 손톱만큼도 없어요~
Shiro
Oh, yeah. Maestro will replace me for the next matches.
Glass

NatsumeRin wrote:

Poland (C1) vs Canada (D2)
SIGH
KRZY
Are we gonna bring down that poll or what
YodaSnipe

KRZY wrote:

Are we gonna bring down that poll or what
yeah really...
Jougan_old
Argentina-Taiwan.

PICANTE.
Cyclohexane

Odaril wrote:

Oh, yeah. Maestro will replace me for the next matches.
wow this is a mess
Could anyone recap the actual French team now?
Topic Starter
fartownik
MonoCholor
Holy mother of god.
zozozofun
y u no post maps
NatsumeRin
it would be posted Jan.1st.
show more