forum

#2 osu! World Cup (Team vs) [Korea wins]

posted
Total Posts
show more
YodaSnipe
Btw are we allowed to substitute captains for backups as well?
Natteke
Don't forget that you can decide between your team and your appoint to play at a different time.
maal
I honestly still find it unreasonable that Blacky was allowed to play for Germany.
lazur2012
I can't see Russian Federation's team after click on their flag :/ (this isn't important for me personally)

Glazbom
shit maps everywhere
Shiro

YodaSnipe wrote:

The rules last year were that the 4 regular players must play if they are online at the time of the match. It will probably be the same this year ?
kriers

Odaril wrote:

YodaSnipe wrote:

The rules last year were that the 4 regular players must play if they are online at the time of the match. It will probably be the same this year ?
I read that you could swap players as much as you would like. Think that pretty much means all 6 players can be used as we please
Wishy
Well if the 4 main players are online and they want a backup one to play one of them can just log out and say gtg there's a zombie knocking my door gotta fight him
Mismagius
#owc is there but I haven't seen anyone speak on it yet :[
Metro
Yeah that rule is stupid lol. All should be able to play.

Blue Dragon wrote:

#owc is there but I haven't seen anyone speak on it yet :[
It's now moderated. I spoke there today :P.
deadbeat

YodaSnipe wrote:

fartownik wrote:

10. The players can freely change themselves between the maps.
i'm gonna say sure
rickyboi

theowest wrote:

Sweden would like to change m4w11's place with Hanyuu-chan.
Go hanyuu! so pro :D
Mismagius
Fumi-chan can't play on this OWC because of tablet problems.

Please put k3nsh1n_h1mur4 instead.
thelewa
We'd like to switch IppE602 to ethox as a backup player
FurukawaPan
I'm pretty sure your backup players can be used as bench players. A captain may freely strategize which 4 players go into the match. If there are any limitations on how your backup players can be used, they should be stated in the rules, otherwise, imo, anything is fair game.

In fact, I think

gives us express permission to do so.
Pizzicato
Netherlands.... D:
Topic Starter
fartownik

FurukawaPan wrote:

I'm pretty sure your backup players can be used as bench players. A captain may freely strategize which 4 players go into the match. If there are any limitations on how your backup players can be used, they should be stated in the rules, otherwise, imo, anything is fair game.

In fact, I think

gives us express permission to do so.
There are no limitations about which players (backups or 1st squad) are gonna be used in the match. You can play with (for ex.) 2 players from 1st team and 2 players from backup in the first map, but change to 4 players from first team in the next map. It's all up to you.
Metro
Fumi-chan :(.

IppE :(.
IppE

Metro wrote:

IppE :(.
I am horribly terrible at this game and I don't want to hinder our otherwise awesome team in any way.

And I know where you live.
Topic Starter
fartownik
Updated all the team sheets (after clicking the flag + the thread squads).

Also a notice - when you want to change your match date, DON'T POST THAT WISH HERE. Talk to your opponent team's captain and then post the date agreed by both of you.
shaNk_old
released maps befor tourny TROLOLO
theowest
15. Sweden
Captain: theowest
Player1: Holmir
Player2: Hanyuu-chan < m4w11 should be here. Not Hanyuu-chan since he's already back-up player 1.
Player3: Gyuunyu
--------------------------
Back-up Player1: Hanyuu-chan
Back-up Player2: Failboat

Time-Zone: GMT+1
-Lennox-
32. Austria
Captain: -Lennox-
Player1: Snowball
Player2: Hanyuu
Player3: Rukarioman <- Plz remove him from the Player list. And put him to "Back-up Player1" And nova to Player3 thx :p
---------------
Back-up Player1: novaaa
Back-up Player2: M A R I O

Time-zone: GMT+1
Kitsunemimi
Oh dear lord Canada vs Korea first round. Also, I'm pretty sure nobody in Canada team is GMT-3, somebody get that checked.
YodaSnipe
yeah I'm pretty sure almost everyone is GMT-5, but I'm not 100% sure
DennisGG
Good Luck To All !
Wishy
I'm just here to say this mapset is made out of shit maps except for a few exceptions which are still crap because they use low AR on "high" BPM maps. Want me to make a mapset for every round? Believe me I'm gonna do a good job. :s

I mean really I'm sure I can do great mapsets for every round there are so many good maps out there but you still have to pick this kind of shit. I'll give you guys a tip about how to pick maps: use the search function and insert some cool mapper name like val0108 ot NatsumeRin you gonna get a lot of good maps. Seriously most of the maps you picked would be fine with DT or HR at least but nomod lol...
NatsumeRin

Well, people have different tastes about maps (Damn i hate to say this), this is true to both the community and the staff themselves. What i'm trying to do here is just set a very lenient standard and let the staff members choose freely to make sure they can pick some maps they like (To be honest i don't like some of them myself but what). They are, as you can see, decent mappers from different styles/genres, that's basically how a map pool was made, so don't expect a pool full of maps you love, because we don't want more guys shouting "hey this is just shit."

About the difficulty level:
It's me who suggest not to pick crazy insanes in the group phase, HR or DT are for experts, but now you can't make sure all participants are not skilled "enough" players. The difficulty will increase when the elimination starts i promise.
KRZY
If you find that you have time to complain about map choices,

go on osu! and play those maps once more. I'm sure it will benefit you more than what you are doing now.
deadbeat
quick team update, I'm going back to captain and jiantz is now backup instead
Wishy
I just raged after playing all of them and damn really there are lots of good maps why pick that. I got surprised when I saw pretty much every maps is AR 8 (just one AR 9 and it's a damn hard not even insane tbh), many AR 7 which is just a joke, and well some of those maps are just lol, I almost got asleep playing that ALIVE map (same with most maps anyways, except for the "fast ones"). You really can pick better maps, you know that, you just need to think aboiut how a map plays not about how they're mapped, and honestly if you think most of those maps play good, you are really lost, because even when some of them are good (Leia for example) most are just crap, and I'm damn sure half of those maps will be picked (for playing them) by... nobody.

Saying this mapset is not as bad as the one from OWC #1 is not good enough, I told you not to make MAPPERS pick MAPS, make PLAYERS pick MAPS, then you'll get a great list, because even when mappers see something and say "wow this is mapped so good", it can still play like shit or be some average crappy map which nobody cares about. I'm not only talking my mind, chatted with several players who're participating on this and they pretty much think the same as I do. Not giving names because they don't give a fuck about complaning because they think it's useless, and I know this mapset ain't gonna change but just think about the next one, get some PLAYERS to help you pick those next maps instead of getting 4 mappers who don't really play this game (at least "anymore"). If you want me to list you 100 maps which would be GREAT for this event, I won't really mind doing you the favor, believe me even when I hate a map if I know it's good I won't call it crap, but here lol I better shut up.

@KRZY, there's no way I can do that, Metro was specting me today while I tried every map and damn I couldn't even finish them because most of them were damn boring or just shitmaps. Plus I hate practicing maps, if it was up to me I'd like to get the mapset 5 minutes before my match so nobody can really practice them at all. Drilling is gay, first play's the way to go. :p
mochi

NatsumeRin wrote:

About the difficulty level:
It's me who suggest not to pick crazy insanes in the group phase, HR or DT are for experts, but now you can't make sure all participants are not skilled "enough" players. The difficulty will increase when the elimination starts i promise.
The difficulty range in the mapset is retarded.

There's an easy difficulty called "bad apple" and there's a only a few people can pull off consistently difficulty called "mendes".

The only way I can see anyone breaking their combo in bad apple is if it's their first time playing and they screw up on that random slider velocity increase near the middle of the song.
NatsumeRin
Bad Apple is just too easy i admit that, leave this to any team think they have better acc and need a all-FC situation. We'll try to avoid such difficulty range next time.
Wishy
Arg Vs. Aus Sunday 20th 5 PM GMT -3.
-Lennox-
^ Arg Vs. Aus sunday 20Th 9PM GMT+1 (9pm is our time for austria like 21:00) am i right? D:
Neruell
Oo I thought that teams were allowed to choose 2 maps from the map pool. It's not like all players must play all maps. I guess every team can freely choose any map they like. Don't like the map, don't play it. If you don't like any maps then I guess there is someone else from the team who doesn't mind playing instead.
creativ_old
Im here to say that i have spoke to _angel and we both agreed that both teams are playing in 26th November 18:00 gmt+0
Lesjuh

Wishy22 wrote:

bark
Shut up and practice. You can decide wich maps you want to play. Don't pick the ones you dislike and give the opponent a chance with the easier ones. It's a choice: Beat the opponent by accuracy on for example bad apple or beat the opponent by combo on the harder maps.
Lybydose
Ok let's make a deal:

I will pick all the maps.

You will hate all of them more than the current map set, despite being more difficult. Deal?
YodaSnipe
Due to circumstances Soulclenz will not be able to participate in the OWC. Canada has elected FurukawaPan to represent us as Captain.
Here is the new team for Team Canada:

20. Canada
Captain: FurukawaPan
Player1: shaNk
Player2: Glass
Player3: SilentWings
---------------
Back-up Player1: YodaSnipe
Back-up Player2: Satonaka
show more