forum

#2 osu! World Cup (Team vs) [Korea wins]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
fartownik
God, you guys seriously have problems with everything.
I don't choose maps for the tournament, I record the group drawing, I don't favor my country because I'm not even able to.
GladiOol

fartownik wrote:

God, you guys seriously have problems with everything.
I don't choose maps for the tournament, I record the group drawing, I don't favor my country because I'm not even able to.
Just because they question stuff doesn't mean they make problems out of it.

KRZY wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

I'll probably join~ we're still discussing line-up atm and trying to get some old timers to play more.

Please get glasjuh to play again~
Guess what we are trying to haha~ we have to get lesjuh back on ze tablet \:D/
Neruell
I guess if someone has a problem with this cup then that person shouldn't simply participate = problem solved.

If someone feels it is unbalanced/cheated/fail/w.e then just don't play and be happy ;) Not that everyone is forced to participate.
Gorlum
delete*
_Angel
finally got response from all top latvian players

Latvia

Captain: _Angel
Player1: GummyChan
Player2: LoGo
Player3: *awaiting response from Vmx*
Metro
fartownik I just found out something that should be addressed in this owc:

http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/494834 this is the MP history for the owc #1 final. It is now listed as too old. Either peppy fixes it for all owc matches or tournament staff can take screenshots of every MP history. :D.
xsrsbsns
^ Seconded. I was browsing the owc #1 matches too last week and failed to view the match histories :(
mizorex
22. Australia Image
Captain: Mizorex
Player1: damiaanzx
Player2: Hark
Player3: Frankcons
---------------
Back-up Player1: Mikey
Back-up Player2: Neko_Lover <--edited in .. please update ^.^

Timezone: GMT+11
deadbeat
ok. change to the New Zealand line up
Captain: jiantz
Player1: kiiwa
Player2: Numot123
Player3: bob_the_cat
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Backup1: deadbeat(i'll also be doing captain stuff as well if allowable)
backup2: kwk

GMT+13 still :p
Lybydose
When is the first match? What days?
KRZY
Another important thing.

fartownik wrote:

7. The country with best total score on the map wins.
In the previous owc, great dispute ensued the semi-final match between Korea and Taiwan because it was unclear as to which result was the final result, the scores from the multiplayer screen or the scores from the MP history page. This comes down to whether we count scores by failed players or not. Personally I think we should also count failed scores, but this is up to the staff and should be decided/announced in public before the tournament starts.
Gorlum
JesusYamato kindly accepted our invitation, so this is final setup of our team:
Ukraine
Captain: gorlum
Player1: rockleejkooo
Player2: uljjang
Player3:JesusYamato
--------------------------
Back-up Player1: none
Back-up Player2: none
xsrsbsns

KRZY wrote:

Personally I think we should also count failed scores
If failed scores will be counted too, make it 0.5x.

But I think it'll be easier just to see the winner ingame immediately lol.
Metro
I believe we shouldn't count failed scores at all.

In my opinion this owc must not make the same mistakes as the previous one where marathons and stupid long maps were picked. Picked maps should be FC'eable by most of the players so if someone fails them their score shouldn't be counted.

If this is not accepted then I agree with xsrsbsns about counting them as 0,5x.
Luna
I think failed scores should count. Really, if you fail because of lag/hardware malfunction or something similar, why should your score be ignored?
And if you fail a map you should usually pass, your score will already likely be lower than your opponent's.
Metro

Luna wrote:

I think failed scores should count. Really, if you fail because of lag/hardware malfunction or something similar, why should your score be ignored?
And if you fail a map you should usually pass, your score will already likely be lower than your opponent's.
So when a player is nervous and makes a huge fuck up we will have to think it's because of lag/hardware malfunction?

We should play with no fail on then.

Also JesusYamato in Ukraine is bullshit. Playing in a different country makes him a mercenary and this is supposed to be a World Cup.
Luna
No, if he is nervous and makes a huge fuck-up his score will already be pretty bad. Why remove that?
Metro

Luna wrote:

No, if he is nervous and makes a huge fuck-up his score will already be pretty bad. Why remove that?
So if he's fullcombo and fucks up right in the last notes he will have more score than someone who didn't make a good combo but didn't lose? Multiplayer ranks non-failed players and failed players in different categories and I think that's how this should be. In this case either don't count that player score or count it as 0,5x.
Ohrami

Metro wrote:

Luna wrote:

So if he's fullcombo and fucks up right in the last notes he will have more score than someone who didn't make a good combo but didn't lose? Multiplayer ranks non-failed players and failed players in different categories and I think that's how this should be. In this case either don't count that player score or count it as 0,5x.
Yeah, except Cookiezi in the last OWC, despite failing from a hardware malfunction, had more score than I believe the top two players on the other team combined about half-way through the final map. I still think Korea should have won that match.
Metro

Kyou-kun wrote:

Yeah, except Cookiezi in the last OWC, despite failing from a hardware malfunction, had more score than I believe the top two players on the other team combined about half-way through the final map. I still think Korea should have won that match.
Me too because rules were unclear but we have time now to make clear rules.
Ciria
OMG...pro teams :<

gogogo everyone :)
Gorlum

Metro wrote:

Also JesusYamato in Ukraine is bullshit. Playing in a different country makes him a mercenary and this is supposed to be a World Cup.

Mmkay.
Metro

gorlum wrote:

Metro wrote:

Mmkay.
I'm not talking about players of different countries playing for a certain country. This is about a player who played for France last year now playing for Ukraine. Makes me wonder about what country will he play in next year and wether this is a world cup or just another tournament.
Gorlum

Metro wrote:

I'm not talking about players of different countries playing for a certain country. This is about a player who played for France last year now playing for Ukraine. Makes me wonder about what country will he play in next year and wether this is a world cup or just another tournament.
Bro, you have enough active players for your country. Unfortunately not every country capable of creating own team, but everyone wants to play. Don't you think that your opinion is a little bit selfish?
Metro

gorlum wrote:

Metro wrote:

Bro, you have enough active players for your country. Unfortunately not every country capable of creating own team, but everyone wants to play. Don't you think that your opinion is a little bit selfish?
This is not about my opinion. It's about what's right and wrong for a world cup and a player switching COUNTRIES is wrong.
Waryas
Huh i was kidding btw lol i'm not participating in this owc as i'm not an active player anymore.
Sorry for confusion.
KRZY
I'm with Metro here. San Marino does not team up with Malta to play in the Euro. Andryi Shevchenko did not play for Russia because he wanted to play in the World Cup; neither did Goran Pandev or Ryan Giggs. Helll, Ukraine even qualified for the World Cup in 2006, you should know that cuz it's your own country.

I think we should be very strict about not allowing the formation of multinational teams. Every country can find four players. EVERY COUNTRY CAN.

Final decision, of course, is up to the staff.
Wishy
gorlum, are you serious? In Argentina we are all just decent players, none of us is like WOW PRO or anything like that, our 2 back-up players aren't even good (I'm not being offensive or anything, we all know each other and stuff) but we gonna play with them because THIS IS A WORLD CUP WHERE YOU PLAY WITH PEOPLE FROM YOUR COUNTRY.

I'll gladly go make a team with Yamato and some other friends I got In-game that can't really handle making a team on their own country because most players there not that good (I mean I'd really like to). But suck it up that's how World Cup is supposed to be. You play with your country and that's it. There may be exceptions like Belgium joining France since they even speak the same language, maybe two south american countries merging together because they got really a small userbase, but this is just ridiculous.
Gorlum

JesusYamato wrote:

Huh i was kidding btw lol i'm not participating in this owc as i'm not an active player anymore.
Sorry for confusion.
How come? :|

Man you're just...meh.
Now we ended up with only 3 players again, and i'm don't know what to do...
I'll just keep on searching in other countries, i guess.
Waryas
Lol i thought that was a joke like idk i don't even have time to play osu that much anymore and if anything france already asked me which i refused.
Only thing that could make me want to play is 3 belgian players asking me to participate.
Wishy
I'm moving to Belgium next week with Metro and Ever17 wanna make a team?
Metro

gorlum wrote:

Now we ended up with only 3 players again, and i'm don't know what to do...
I'll just keep on searching in other countries, i guess.
First read this:

KRZY wrote:

I'm with Metro here. San Marino does not team up with Malta to play in the Euro. Andryi Shevchenko did not play for Russia because he wanted to play in the World Cup; neither did Goran Pandev or Ryan Giggs. Helll, Ukraine even qualified for the World Cup in 2006, you should know that cuz it's your own country.

I think we should be very strict about not allowing the formation of multinational teams. Every country can find four players. EVERY COUNTRY CAN.

Final decision, of course, is up to the staff.
STOP LOOKING FOR PEOPLE FROM OTHER COUNTRIES. The ONLY place you need to look at is this: http://osu.ppy.sh/p/playerranking?c=UA

I'll say this to you but also to anyone else who wants players from another country. Read KRZY's post and understand that this is a WORLD CUP. This is not your regular tournament where you look for the best players to play with. Simply play with your countrymen because you are representing your country.
Wishy
Lol I mean seriously if you gotta play with someone that can barely FC Insanes just deal with it. Really we could all just pick up the best two players from our countries and get some japanese players, since their top 40 players is all made of top tier players that can play any mod with stupidly high accuracy and pretty much no misses at all playing nomod... but wait hehe this is a World Cup. :s
Topic Starter
fartownik
Gorlum, you again misunderstood. You can't pick up a random player from a country that has nothing to deal with yours. You can't also take a player just because your players are to weak to participate. JesusYamato was able to play for France because he's 'almost' french. He speaks French like he's French and he belongs to the French community. As I said, it's all case-related. You have enough players to easily form a team from Ukraine. Latvia did, you can too.

Edit: Also about counting failed scores - they won't be counted. Might be a little unfair for players with shitty hardware, but counting them would cause unwanted rumble. The MP history doesn't show if the player failed or not, still there's not place in the room for an additional judge to keep it all just. This also breaks 0,5x score counting plan too. This is an official decision and please don't mention this topic anymore.
Wishy
It's not like I want to discuss anything, but it really doesn't depend on what hardware you have, my PC is good enough to run this game and I get random lags, Metro has the exact same problem and his PC is way better than mine iirc. Doesn't really matter what PC you have the game just has random spikes for some reason I don't really know.
NatsumeRin
farto already explained it. We'll try to choose maps carefully and avoid using maps with too high HP drain. It seems you won't fail because of a random lag (1~3 miss maybe). And if it's not a hardware problem, it's probably very fair to all players. = =
Wishy
Nah I know but you'll eventually play some maps where getting a lag will make you lose. If you end up using what I suggested to farto about using HR and DT in some maps (like DT, HR, nomod, nomod, nomod) after the group phase, then yeah a random lag will make you fail no matter what you do.

I just hate leaving stuff to luck. :p
Rey Fullbuster

fartownik wrote:

» Current staff:

» Important rule changes between 1st and 2nd edition:

1. 3 maps won by one of the teams gives them a match win. Not 2 maps like it was in the 1st edition.
2. The final maps will be choosen more carefully this time.
3. The teams will be divided into 8 groups of 4 teams each. 2 teams with the largest amount of points passes into the next stage.
4. The additional back-up players are not necessary, but we still prefer if you have at least 1 if there's a possibility.
5. Timezone needed in the post of team sign-up.

If you have any questions/suggestions, feel free to ask in this thread or pm me or Lunah directly.
metro do you broadcast in Justin.tv or in ustream.com?

btw fartownik
erase lunah and change to "pm me or other staff" :D
Lesjuh
Having 3 players is no problem. Just look at the owc #1 final o/ Also, I don't think this is the place to discuss that~
Wishy
We played 2v4 and almost won so stop crying. :s
show more