forum

The Pixies - Where Is My Mind (Rusty K bootleg)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yuguiboy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
SnowTheme
Huhu i saw your request so i thoguht i will give you some tipps.

So first of all in the song setup you forgot to name the source.^^

Secondly i just took a look into the timing and controle points and i saw you lowered the volume for every point to 50%.
Volume settings should be used to highlight and emphasize the main part or weaker parts, there is no point to lower everything on the same volume.
You should increase the volume at the kiai part and you can lower it on the beginning (i have something to say to it later^^) this way you can simply highlight the harder part and also support the song climax.

So now i have to say something to your mapping choice, in my opninion you forgot to map some beats at the beginning and in the middle of the song. I will give you examples.
You can map the beginning like this:
00:00:000 - 1/2 slider
00:00:681 - 1/2 slider
00:01:704 - 1/4 circle
00:02:045 - 1/2 slider
Otherwise you simply just miss the opportunity to map the calmer and simplier melody of this song.

Now lets look at the part you mapped.
You follow the melody pretty well until this part 00:25:568 (1) - Delete the reverse slider and just do a 1/1 slider with following circles on 00:26:249 (2,3,4) - Delete the reverse slider 00:26:931 (1) - and do a 1/1 or 1/2 with reverse and circles like this 00:27:613 (2,3,4,5) -
Same as the 25:568 part 00:31:022 (1) - and here too 00:36:477 (1) - The melody is different but you mapped it the same as before :)

00:32:386 (1) - here you have to do delete the reverse lsider and do a 1/1 slider with following circles on 00:33:068 (2,3,4,5) -

Now something about your mp3, i assume you dont want to map the whole song so you have to cut it it with something like audacity.. :)

I cant realy say much to the kiai part but its designed really special in my opinion ^^

Mfg :)
Topic Starter
Yuguiboy

SnowTheme wrote:

Huhu i saw your request so i thoguht i will give you some tipps.

So first of all in the song setup you forgot to name the source.^^

Secondly i just took a look into the timing and controle points and i saw you lowered the volume for every point to 50%.
Volume settings should be used to highlight and emphasize the main part or weaker parts, there is no point to lower everything on the same volume.
You should increase the volume at the kiai part and you can lower it on the beginning (i have something to say to it later^^) this way you can simply highlight the harder part and also support the song climax.

So now i have to say something to your mapping choice, in my opninion you forgot to map some beats at the beginning and in the middle of the song. I will give you examples.
You can map the beginning like this:
00:00:000 - 1/2 slider
00:00:681 - 1/2 slider
00:01:704 - 1/4 circle
00:02:045 - 1/2 slider
Otherwise you simply just miss the opportunity to map the calmer and simplier melody of this song.

Now lets look at the part you mapped.
You follow the melody pretty well until this part 00:25:568 (1) - Delete the reverse slider and just do a 1/1 slider with following circles on 00:26:249 (2,3,4) - Delete the reverse slider 00:26:931 (1) - and do a 1/1 or 1/2 with reverse and circles like this 00:27:613 (2,3,4,5) -
Same as the 25:568 part 00:31:022 (1) - and here too 00:36:477 (1) - The melody is different but you mapped it the same as before :)

00:32:386 (1) - here you have to do delete the reverse lsider and do a 1/1 slider with following circles on 00:33:068 (2,3,4,5) -

Now something about your mp3, i assume you dont want to map the whole song so you have to cut it it with something like audacity.. :)

I cant realy say much to the kiai part but its designed really special in my opinion ^^

Mfg :)
Ok, all done! Thanks you. I designed the kiai time like that because I find it fitting to the song.
SnowTheme
Nice i am glad you could take something from it.
Looking into your difficulty setup you shouldnt set OD at 9 this should be 5-7, Or should be 7-8 max otherwise its way too fast.

Also i would really suggest you to take a look into mapping the beginning of the song. You didnt cut the audio file too :p
And another problem is the distance snap you didnt follow consequent during the song, but yeah i can get why because the changes in slider velocity makes it hard to hold a distance setting .. i am sad i cant realy give you more tipps for the kiai part or about the ds stuff..^^ So yeah these are the last things i can give you :D

Mfg
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.