forum

Why is M4M so unpopular?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bejewelled
In my 35-40 total mods, I've only received ONE M4M request.

I'm just wondering why it's so unpopular. NM's are almost always closed, M4M guarantees a mod for your map, very quickly, and all you need to do is put in 15 minutes of effort yourself.

Honestly, getting a map modded enough times seems impossible without M4M in place, but I'm really confused as to why nobody does it.
(Unless I'm missing something, which is very likely.)

Please enlighten me O_o
Rivals_7
People are just lazy :^)
Blizs
"why we waste our time ti mod someone's map to get a mod when we can get a free one :^)" something like that xd
Lanturn
15 mins?

damn...
Topic Starter
bejewelled

Lanturn wrote:

15 mins?

damn...
Well that was somewhat of an exaggeration on my end; usually mods take 30ish minutes or more.
Endaris
Personally I wouldn't want to M4M with you due to certain events in the past. cough
Incidently that also contains some answers to this question I guess although you certainly improved your modding by a good margin.

Also what Lanturn said. It is quite likely that most people have a higher time investment when modding. Personally I rarely ever get away below 2 hours for a mod and even my IRC mods after testplays tend to take 30-45min.
Due the high time investment I usually check people's modding history before I apply in their M4M queue to decide if a mod from that person will help me or not. And I decide accordingly of course.

That being said, I almost exclusively do M4M because I don't like it if a new mods comes in but I didn't reply the previous one yet. Redundant points and stuff. With NM you lack the control over that as NM requests are taken upon the modders discretion so I'd just get random mods and couldn't control it.