forum

The Indie Royale Bundle/Wallet speed test

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nachy

Basically a bundle of indie games like the Humble Bundle only a bit "competitive" if you will.

Indie Royale is an indie game bundle website that offers up four top-quality indie titles every two weeks for you to purchase at seriously silly prices. All you need to do is pay the price stated - or pay more - and the four games currently featured will be yours to keep forever.

The website has been set up by the creators of leading independent video game editorial site IndieGames.com and the makers of notable online download service Desura as a joint venture. We know our indie games (a little too much, some might say) and we know the games that are worth playing.

The point of Indie Royale is to put the spotlight on those indie titles which provide fantastic experiences, but may well have been passed over by a good portion of the mainstream gaming public. If you purchase an Indie Royale bundle, you can be safe in the knowledge that you're not only getting four brilliant indie titles
The Launch Bundle!

A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda

A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda is the first chapter in a fully-featured episodic hardcore action packed side-scrolling platformer series. Set in a traditional retro-classic scenario, you play as Ares, a combat robot created for the sole purpose of saving humanity. Can you live up to the task or will you be reduced to nuts and bolts?

Available as Direct Download, Steam and Desura
Gemini Rue

Azriel Odin, ex-assassin, arrives on the rain-drenched planet of Barracus. When things go horribly wrong, he can only seek help from the very criminals he used to work for. Meanwhile, across the galaxy, a man called Delta-Six wakes up in a hospital with no memory. Without knowing where to turn or who to trust, he vows to escape before he loses his identity completely. As fate brings these two closer together, we discover a world where life is cheap, identities are bought and sold, and a quest for redemption can change the fate of a whole galaxy.

Available as Direct Download and Desura
Sanctum

Sanctum is the world's first FPS tower defense game and is set in a beautiful science fiction world. You take the role of Skye, an elite soldier sent out to protect her hometown, Elysion One, from hordes of mysterious alien creatures. To facilitate your success you construct defensive structures and upgrade handheld weapons. Jump right into the fray and wreak havoc with your own weapons - unlike regular tower defense games, you are a key part of the defense. Sanctum has taken the best features of first person shooters and tower defense games to create something totally unique.

Available only on Steam
Nimbus

Nimbus is a unique combination of racing & puzzling. The player controls a craft with no means of directly propelling itself and needs to use whatever is scattered around the levels to acquire thrust and reach the goal. Traverse a world map with several distinct islands in order to recover your lost love. Light on story, but heavy on gameplay, Nimbus offers several hours of increasingly harder challenges. The game offers over 50 levels available in the main campaign, unique game play that is easy to understand but hard to master and a varied blend of levels that requires a combination of skill & puzzle solving. There are plenty of opportunities for optimizing how you approach each level in order to beat the best times, with several trails, levels and ships to unlock and loads of secrets and tricks to find.

Available as Direct download, Steam, and Desura

Make sure to stay tuned for the following days as more bundles are launched.

Oh and might as well give my insights on the games I already played, Gemini Rue is a fantastic pixel drawn cyberpunk adventure game with well written characters and structured plot. Puzzles are almost always logical so you won't find yourself grabbing a walkthrough every minute or so, plus it's very well paced with good mix of action and puzzle solving. Definitely recommend it to any adventure or cyberpunk fans out there.

Sanctum is a great hybrid FPS/Tower Defense game that is especially even more awesome with co-op, smooth gameplay and amazing artistic design makes this a must play for any co-op or FPS/strategy/defense nut out there.
Mashley
Not really interested in any of the games tbh. Still, I'll keep an eye on the next 3 bundles.
Topic Starter
Nachy

Mashley wrote:

Not really interested in any of the games tbh. Still, I'll keep an eye on the next 3 bundles.
If you're up for a good atmosphere and story I personally recommend Gemini Rue though and imho is worth it for the cheap price especially as of now. I played it months ago and has landed in my top list of must play adventure games. Has the perfect blend of logical puzzles and simple yet intense cover based firefights. Even if you're not interested in adventure games and all that stuff it's definitely worth giving a jab, given the story and setting alone coupled with the art will give you enough a sense of goodness.
adam2046
I already own Sanctum and ARES and can only recommend Sanctum of the two. It's a fun Action Tower Defense game and I imagine it's probably even more fun in co-op with some friends.
I'm really only interested in Gemini Rue so I'll most likely just buy that normally.