forum

Let's talk - coping with stress

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Comfy Slippers
We work in a moderately stressful environment and that can be a problem for some of us. I'm curious how you folks deal with it. What is your most effective way to deal with stress? Do you thrive under pressure? What do you think are some of the best ways to deal with stress?

I've found myself in a couple of stressful work related situations, so this topic piqued my interest.
Aurani
For stress, approach each and every situation strategically with a dash of intuition and you won't be stressed even in the most dire of circumstances. Life always has a solution present albeit buried somewhere; it's up to you to reach it.
Dealt with a lot of it ranging from school, work and various social events to what I consider the most stress-inducing subject of all - death.

So far it has worked perfectly for me, at least.
kai99
i just sleep and try to avoid real life
Serraionga

Comfy Slippers wrote:

What is your most effective way to deal with stress?
I don't. I just focus on making it home before having a panic attack.
abraker
During the moment: Do the best of your ability and don't think about it too much and what might happen, but what you are doing and needs to be done. Think about now and only now and not the past, not the future. The more "what if" and "maybe I should" and "I wish", the more stress you will be adding to yourself by thinking about how stressful. Think "now I" and "I done this" and "next I". Think mindlessly, but strategically.

Before or after the moment: Evaluate your life in the shower or during a bus ride or something to see if you can improve it. Come up with a plan.
Cahyono29
crying to my mom watch some loli's
Flanster
Instant stress relief.
roshan117
i come to here and discord ofc
levesterz
I listen to depressing music so that i will feel twice the shit
Purrah
I just....don't stress? I just try to relax at all times. Even if i'm in a "hectic" situation I try to stay calm and relaxed because it's just pointless to get worked up over certain things. I accept the situations as they come, unless I can affect it in a way to make it better for myself. I try to not put myself in such situations. If i'm at my internship for example, (automechanic) and I need to do something quick, I try to stay in my comfort zone but still trying to push it so it'll get done, without getting myself all worked up.

Try to imagine common situations that you'd be in, and see if you're really in your own "zone", being you, doing things in your phase. If there isn't a possibility to go in your own phase and be you in those situations then....Why are you there in the first place? Do you really have to? Can you adapt?