forum

What is your stream speed and how did you improve it?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skeletroll
Right now the highest I can stream without a ton of misses is 140 bpm. I want to know ways to improve this and some good maps to practice on.
Yuudachi-kun
Stream more.

I remember my records without missing were like 800 notes at 240, 400 or so at 250, and like 100 at 270.
N0thingSpecial
What the actually fuck Khelly is alive
Atara
Since all you can play is 140, Play 150 until your fingers hurt then take a break, Then repeat until you are consistent with it. then play 160 and repeat the process until you are Cookiezi.
Yuudachi-kun

N0thingSpecial wrote:

What the actually fuck Khelly is alive
I've been alive in 4k communities and with bins.
NestLover
I can stream consistenly around 160-200bpm (its depends which stream you mean)
Above than tat.. i just spamming.. (like image material, ange du blanc*last stream).
Solarys

Skeletroll wrote:

Right now the highest I can stream without a ton of misses is 140 bpm. I want to know ways to improve this and some good maps to practice on.

Play high-BPM maps that have a ton of bursts (small streams). That'll build up your stamina. As for speed, well... Anyone can stream 220BPM, the kicker is whether or not you have the stamina to sustain that for long.
Wishes
My stream speed was really slow too at around 150 BPM tops when I started playing. Just keep playing and you'll naturally build more stamina and speed (and rhythm sense). Now I can do 200 BPM short streams and 180 BPM somewhat consistently.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Skeletroll wrote:

Read circle, move finger. Read fastest patterns = move fingers faster.
Kondou-Shinichi

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Skeletroll wrote:

Read circle, move finger. Read fastest patterns = move fingers faster.
“Stream” not “Jump”
also reading faster /=/ can tap faster, thats why youre always better with relax

my speed is... idk... inconsistent. 200-260 i suppose
E m i
176.25 bpm 10417 notes
192bpm 1277 notes
210bpm ~150 notes
220bpm ~90 notes
230bpm ~60 notes
240bpm ~40 notes
250bpm ~30 notes
260bpm ~20 notes

they are mostly consistent values but only mostly

i improved by playing stream maps, how unusual
but well my omega warmup strategy is to play long stream practice a few times before playing normally, for example
step 1: 2000 notes of 170bpm
step 2: 2000 notes of 175bpm
step 3: 2000 notes of 178 bpm
step 4: 2000 notes of 181 bpm
this gives me a decent burn in forearm and unlocks streaming skill
KupcaH

Momiji wrote:

176.25 bpm 10417 notes
192bpm 1277 notes
210bpm ~150 notes
220bpm ~90 notes
230bpm ~60 notes
240bpm ~40 notes
250bpm ~30 notes
260bpm ~20 notes

they are mostly consistent values but only mostly

i improved by playing stream maps, how unusual
but well my omega warmup strategy is to play long stream practice a few times before playing normally, for example
Mommi is op
Risa
Generally 170 to 180. Other than those nope.
kai99
i can stream 170 - 180 and hit a few 100s on 200 (but i usually cant hit more than 7 notes). play more and you'll improve
Barusamikosu

Momiji wrote:

Same warmup method for me just on a smaller scale. After playing long stream maps I am usually warmed up for most maps with streams that I care to play that day.
akitoApocalypse

Barusamikosu wrote:

Momiji wrote:

Same warmup method for me just on a smaller scale. After playing long stream maps I am usually warmed up for most maps with streams that I care to play that day.
On a side note, I always find United somehow a good map to warm up.
It has all the fivelets, triplets, jumps, streams...that you should need to warm up, and is decently long with a decently high AR.

Back to OP, I would suggest trying to stream stacks before actually learning to move your cursor, you're looking for pure speed and accuracy here first, not movement as well. Maybe I would say improve to a bit more than your level before you practice actual moving streams.
E m i

MrSurvivor wrote:

On a side note, I always find United somehow a good map to warm up.
It has all the fivelets, triplets, jumps, streams...that you should need to warm up, and is decently long with a decently high AR.
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/573104&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/323319&m=0
more pure maps for this that i also use, i find they give a slightly different warmup and doing everything at once is better (usually too lazy though and i just play long stream practice)