forum

What is the best way to learn hidden?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skeletroll
What is the best way to learn hidden? I know playing more will help, but should I be playing songs I can FC with high acc, or harder songs that I have trouble with? Should I player lower AR or stick with AR 9 all the time? I can mostly get about the same acc with hidden but I miss a lot more on jumps (especially jumps that last 4 or more notes)
N0thingSpecial
Get comfortable, if you're legit shit at the HD to the point you fail songs, play something you've played before trying to get used to the visual without worrying about the rhythm.

Basically PLAY MORE
ManuelOsuPlayer
Some skins are way easier to read with hidden
Topic Starter
Skeletroll

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Get comfortable, if you're legit shit at the HD to the point you fail songs, play something you've played before trying to get used to the visual without worrying about the rhythm.

Basically PLAY MORE
I can acc with hidden I just can't aim and end missing a lot of jumps
N0thingSpecial
Read the thing, I said you can FOCUS ON THE VISUAL WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT THE RHYTHM

Even if you say you have good rhythm sense I doubt you're SSing marathon OD8 good
Topic Starter
Skeletroll

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Read the thing, I said you can FOCUS ON THE VISUAL WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT THE RHYTHM

Even if you say you have good rhythm sense I doubt you're SSing marathon OD8 good
I meant that my hidden accuracy is basically identical to my nomod accuracy while my aim is significantly worse while playing hidden. I understand that accuracy is very important (I value it as the most important thing and always work to improve it) but the aim issue seems more urgent to me because it eliminates any consistency in my plays.
N0thingSpecial
Ffs

I meant you play maps you play before, meaning you already know the rhythm to, hence you can focus on aim without worry about misreading or confusing rhythm to distract you
PinkNightmares
Just leave it on forever. It eventually becomes second nature.
Topic Starter
Skeletroll
Sorry I'm really stupid. For some reason I thought you were telling me to focus on the music.
Skidayo
for me I played hd with relax to get used to it.
it helped me really a lot.
zeplic

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Some skins are way easier to read with hidden

He's not wrong.
Blurred lines.
Fxjlk
You have to play hidden by playing without thinking too much. Play maps you have an FC on with 99+ acc . You play by feeling, you read by feeling, don't think, don't read explicitly.
Core 2 Duo
my guess would be using the Hidden mod. I think flashlight is more fun though
NestLover
Hit after the circle gone... and you good..
But remember too check your indicator bar too knowing which timing to get 300.
(If your ryhtm sense suck like me)
my name is hi

Core 2 Duo wrote:

my guess would be using the Hidden mod. I think flashlight is more fun though
That post legit made me shiver in fear from flashlight D':

I never had an issue with HD... I think HD actually helped me to play higher AR maps!
If I can give tips though, it'd be to replay maps you can FC but try to do them with hidden this time...

and play more