Saku_-
Bro My osu crash when i use Yuuki skin
Topic Starter
downy
Response to SaKuRq

SaKuRq wrote:

Bro My osu crash when i use Yuuki skin
Thats prob due to your RAM.

Go to the folder and delete all the play-skip.png images or you can keep just one image of play-skip.png. That will fix your osu! or possibly the computer to not crash.
Loli_Rells
very nice skins :>
Zekleft
All the skins are vey nice, but the yukino skins looks like has a bug or its only me?
-Senri [Ai]Hime
GREAT! love it www
Topic Starter
downy
Response to Zekleft

Zekleft wrote:

All the skins are vey nice, but the yukino skins looks like has a bug or its only me?
oh crap sorry for the 6 day late reply. i dont normally check the osu forums too often. apologises.

thanks for the complimenting.

you gotta state specifically what bug it is, otherwise i will never know what youre talking about.
(maybe you already fixed the so called 'bug' like i mean i havent replied for 6 days lmao)
Monster Bait
waaaaaaa sugoi!! that ro500 one is sooo nice (:
love it
Topic Starter
downy
BTMC
who is this beasttroll guy and why does he have minecraft in his name
Minucat
Any puush/mediafire links?
Topic Starter
downy
Response to Minucat
There are no links for puush and mediafire.

Mega links are there for you.

If not, gdrive is another choice.
Startrip
/
[Paradoxum]
Props to this guy for such amazing skins! Will try to check if there are bugs on my part :) :)
If you are open for suggestiosn, try making skins of Aiz of DanMach, or Aoyama of Sakurasou. ;) ;)
Voor
amazingggg
Vauvu
Will they ever be able to download in ZIP format? Great skins btw. uwu
Elsie-
This looks absolutely fantastic! You have my utmost respect.
Topic Starter
downy
Response to issacCLAKE124

issacCLAKE124 wrote:

the skins are too amazing !love them sooo much nice job man!!Thank you for all your efforts!!!!
i'd also like to ask if i can make a request on the skin of arisaka mashiro from aokana? i'd love to see if there's one
:thumbsupforthecompliment:

Well I mean you can attempt to make a request if thats what youre asking. It all depends whether I accept it or not.

Anyways, Ill take arisaka mashiro into account but it may be unlikely because it exists.
t/473455

Although the skins I MAKE is different to the link above, I TRY to avoid making existing skins if possible.

Response to Paradoxum

Paradoxum wrote:

Props to this guy for such amazing skins! Will try to check if there are bugs on my part :) :)
If you are open for suggestiosn, try making skins of Aiz of DanMach, or Aoyama of Sakurasou. ;) ;)
"Props to this guy" ??? I HAVE A NAME YOU KNOW. ok im joking. btw thx

Its great looking for any bugs with the skins I made but do keep note that these skins I post are finalised and shall never be updated UNLESS something missing is important or a huge error (something along those lines)
And what do you mean on 'your part'
Im confused.

At this moment, I am not open to suggestions because there are other people who requested -insert character name- skin.

Especially since I'm working alone on producing skins. This is a huge deal to me and its overwhelming.

Although, Ill try my best and take consideration into your ideas.

Response to Voor

Voor wrote:

amazingggg
8==D

Response to Vauvu

Vauvu wrote:

Will they ever be able to download in ZIP format? Great skins btw. uwu
No, you won't be able to download it in .zip

.osk files is literally the same as .zip

The different between the two is that:
When you open .osk it immediately exports to osu! (its designed that way and thats the only difference)

If you want it in ZIP format, just simply rename the file extension from .osk to .zip or even vice versa if you wish to covert .zip to .osk

uwu

Response to Elsie-

Elsie- wrote:

This looks absolutely fantastic! You have my utmost respect.
R E S P E C T women
h3oCharles
Feedback for Noel skin (SD only):
sliderticks are unskinned, it's sliderscorepoint
arrow pause is blanked out, it's used to navigate through the pause/fail screens with arrow keys
mode smalls are inconsistent in its looks
big mode buttons:
"Osu" really? it should be "osu!"
I get that Fruits is the name of Catch the Beat in skinning, but that without the context is weird
Topic Starter
downy
Response to h30Charles

h3oCharles wrote:

Feedback for Noel skin (SD onl;y):
sliderticks are unskinned, it's sliderscorepoint
arrow pause is blanked out, it's used to navigate through the pause/fail screens with arrow keys
mode smalls are inconsistent in its looks
big mode buttons:
"Osu" really? it should be "osu!"
I get that Fruits is the name of Catch the Beat in skinning, but without the context is weird
NOTE: This skin is not based on my preference. This is what BeasttrollMC wants, so please understand that this skin is designed for him.

- sliderscorepoint is not skinned because BeasttrollMC doesnt really care and he prefers it that way.

- Arrow pause is blanked out on purpose hence being transparent.
Navigation is important to maintain a friendly relationship between the user and interface. I know that. But I don't want arrows point at the middle of the screen and surely BeasttrollMC wouldn't want it.
He did say that he wants the continue, retry, and back to be at the right side of the pause/fail screen. So eventually we had a mutual agreement that we will not use the pause-arrows.

A good example would be from YUGEN skin. Although the arrows are there, the background, its just a simple gradient blue to black background.
The thing about it is that it doesn't look messy regardless of the positioning. Now imagine presenting the arrows on the Noel Skin whereas the pause/fail bg. It would look quite messy.

- Indeed, the mode-x-small (except standard) makes it inconsistent. But surely no one would care
(maybe except people who play other modes but surely they won't use that skin simply because the other modes are not skinned. i mean who the hell still uses the default skin).

... actually fuck it, im just making up excuses. I forgot to replace it. Thats my reason. But srsly tho no one would care. This skin is for standard only in the first place.

- "Osu" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ well I haven't heard a lot of people complaining about it besides the minecraft keyoverlay so its fine. lmao.

- "Fruits" I'm pretty sure a lot of people understand the context behind it. Even new players would get it once they know it. Shouldn't matter too much.

If you have anything to say for improving, I'm all ears. (preferably on discord. ewfwefgwg#2221)
But this is a collab, so the way I normally make skins is not applied to Noel skin.
In this situation, I followed what BeasttrollMC wants and I tried my best to make it look as best as possible within my vision.

From the progression of making this skin and your short review, I'll try make better skins (of course, ill take your words and shit i've done into account when I make a new skin)

Thanks for the feedback.
Appreciated.
h3oCharles
Have you ever seen 30 Hydrogen atoms in one particle?

Take a look at what I've done in one of my skins, MaterialStuff. I've used a lot of blank canvas to bring the arrows closer. Try making the canvas so long, that the arrow on the right side will appear on the left and just have one arrow.
Topic Starter
downy
Another Response to h30Charles

h3oCharles wrote:

Have you ever seen 30 Hydrogen atoms in one particle?

Take a look at what I've done in one of my skins, MaterialStuff. I've used a lot of blank canvas to bring the arrows closer. Try making the canvas so long, that the arrow on the right side will appear on the left and just have one arrow.
30 hydrogen atoms in one particle?

what?

Anyways, I forgot to mention that yes, you can manipulate the positioning of the arrows. I am aware of that. But no matter, what the thing about it is that it will always position in CENTRE. The only thing you can do about it is making it close or far apart from each other.
Making canvas so long that the right side will appear on the left doesn't make sense at all. It's not like a running track. It will just be out of the screen.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.
If so, please give a more in-depth detail and solution about this.

Thanks.
-Noire
Really nice skins! They are all really cool. My favorite is the Yuuki one. I would love to see a Yuno Gasai skin since there aren’t that many, but hey, up to you if you want to make it. Either way, keep up the good work! <3
Startrip

dlwnstns99 wrote:

Response to issacCLAKE124

issacCLAKE124 wrote:

the skins are too amazing !love them sooo much nice job man!!Thank you for all your efforts!!!!
i'd also like to ask if i can make a request on the skin of arisaka mashiro from aokana? i'd love to see if there's one
:thumbsupforthecompliment:

Well I mean you can attempt to make a request if thats what youre asking. It all depends whether I accept it or not.

Anyways, Ill take arisaka mashiro into account but it may be unlikely because it exists.
t/473455

Although the skins I MAKE is different to the link above, I TRY to avoid making existing skins if possible.
Thank you so much for the response and making arisaka mashiro into your consideration. I appreciate it :D
Andom
All the skins look very nice and you can clearly see that it took huge effort to create all this. Probs guys!!

Also, to the before mentioned "bug" with the konno yuuki skin: It also happens for me, the skin causes HUGE lag spikes and eventually even lag Windows completely if the game is closed. I tried to fix this by playing on Stable (I usually play on Cutting Edge) and it didn't fix anything. A friend of mine tested playing with the skin it's not happening for him even though we have the same ingame settings and almost same pc specs.
I don't know what could cause this but I'm leaving this here since a fix is required.
Andom

Andom wrote:

All the skins look very nice and you can clearly see that it took huge effort to create all this. Probs guys!!

Also, to the before mentioned "bug" with the konno yuuki skin: It also happens for me, the skin causes HUGE lag spikes and eventually even lag Windows completely if the game is closed. I tried to fix this by playing on Stable (I usually play on Cutting Edge) and it didn't fix anything. A friend of mine tested playing with the skin it's not happening for him even though we have the same ingame settings and almost same pc specs.
I don't know what could cause this but I'm leaving this here since a fix is required.
Just found out that compatibilty mode fixes this problem but it adds to input lag (im around .3 - .4ms and now at .5ms)
Topic Starter
downy
Response to Andom

Andom wrote:

Andom wrote:

Just found out that compatibilty mode fixes this problem but it adds to input lag (im around .3 - .4ms and now at .5ms)
Apologises for the lag you have experienced.

Delete the play-skip animation.
If doesn't get better, delete any animation.

This happens due to your ram being used.. like a lot.
Paneiru
For the ro-500 skin, Would it be possible to add a center to the spinner? For my part, it's impossible to do spinners properly without actually having a center to focus on. A shame really since it's the only thing that makes this skin unreadable for me.

And although not gamebreaking, I think the comma for the accuracy tally is broken throughout all the skins

As you can see, the comma sign is considerably lower than it should be (Played on 1920x1080)
Topic Starter
downy
Response to Paneiru

Paneiru wrote:

For the ro-500 skin, Would it be possible to add a center to the spinner? For my part, it's impossible to do spinners properly without actually having a center to focus on. A shame really since it's the only thing that makes this skin unreadable for me.

And although not gamebreaking, I think the comma for the accuracy tally is broken throughout all the skins

As you can see, the comma sign is considerably lower than it should be (Played on 1920x1080)
For sure, yes you can add a center to the spinner. The image of spinner-circle, the centre is completely transparent. So you can just add a object at the centre then save it as .png
Done.
But just to clairfy, I will not change the entire .osk for that spinner. This is your problem. Otherwise, just copy and paste a different skin's spinner. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
IF you're truly having difficulty making the centre object, just pm me on discord ewfwefgwg#2221 and i'll quickly make it for you. <3

In some people's case like yours, it is possible to encounter a comma.
In my case, I don't encounter it.

I actually have no idea why this happens to certain people but surely, this isn't the only skin that has the comma thing.

Best way to fix the comma is just copy and pasting the score-dot then rename it to score-comma.

Sorry for the troubles you've gone through.
NakamuraZenki
hello can u make hyouka base skin?? owo tq in advance!
Topic Starter
downy
Response to muyokuoreki

muryokuoreki wrote:

hello can u make hyouka base skin?? owo tq in advance!
hi

I do not make anime based skins because I only make CHARACTER skins hence no anime based skins in this forum post.

Apologises.

owo
WaxYL
Apparently i have i problem with Noel edition. While using this skin scores are not getting submited to bancho. I don't have this problem while using other skins or Yukino version.
Topic Starter
downy
Response to WaxYL

WaxYL wrote:

Apparently i have i problem with Noel edition. While using this skin scores are not getting submited to bancho. I don't have this problem while using other skins or Yukino version.
Relationship between a skin and submitting scores to bancho server is a flat-out zero
So the rundown is that either the server in your area is acting retarded and/or your internet also acting retarded. Idk.
Kondou-Shinichi
wew
Froste
Some elements in the Kafuu Chino skin does not appear in game with compatibility mode enabled, like ranking letters in the ranking panel and the pause-overlay. Is this normal?
korewazesty
Yes a good skin with Yui! Thanks :)
Topic Starter
downy
Response to Froste

Froste wrote:

Some elements in the Kafuu Chino skin does not appear in game with compatibility mode enabled, like ranking letters in the ranking panel and the pause-overlay. Is this normal?
Yeah, its normal. It can happen.
osu! doesnt handle very well when it comes to images that have huge dimension size.

normally restarting the game works regardless of compatibility mode enabled.
(potentially the RAM could be the main problem tho. eg Outdated)

if it doesnt work then i have no idea. maybe check the skin folder? idk.
Froste

dlwnstns99 wrote:

Response to Froste

Froste wrote:

Yeah, its normal. It can happen.
osu! doesnt handle very well when it comes to images that have huge dimension size.

normally restarting the game works regardless of compatibility mode enabled.
(potentially the RAM could be the main problem tho. eg Outdated)

if it doesnt work then i have no idea. maybe check the skin folder? idk.
I tried restarting many times but it never works on my pc with compatibility mode and always works without it. I tried reinstalling the skin, the game and also my nvidia drivers. I've 8gb DDR4 RAM and my laptop only has 3 month (idk what you mean by outdated).
The files are all in the skin folder since it works without compatibility mode, but I've issues with OpenGL on my laptop that's why I use compatibility mode.
Could it be an issue with windows pagefile?
Topic Starter
downy
Theres a lot of things I would like to say but I want to keep it short:

- Compatibility mode and skins have no correlation at all.

- Apologises if you dont understand from what I mean from "outdated"
I classify DDR3 or/and 4GB of Ram (or something along the lines which includes old PC parts) as outdated.

And yea like you said, windows pagefile could be the culprit. Try to check the pagefile size. (i highly doubt its the main issue tho)

If all goes wrong, then this is far beyond my help.
Froste

dlwnstns99 wrote:

Theres a lot of things I would like to say but I want to keep it short:

- Compatibility mode and skins have no correlation at all.

- Apologises if you dont understand from what I mean from "outdated"
I classify DDR3 or/and 4GB of Ram (or something along the lines which includes old PC parts) as outdated.

And yea like you said, windows pagefile could be the culprit. Try to check the pagefile size. (i highly doubt its the main issue tho)

If all goes wrong, then this is far beyond my help.
Rendering and skins have no correlation at all? That wouldn't surprise me if it's another bug due to nvidia optimus tho.
Topic Starter
downy
I ran this skin without a dedicated graphics card and I had no issues whatsoever. I did include compatibility mode and it was still perfectly fine.
Very strange indeed.

How about try deleting play-skip elements? you can keep 1 frame if you wish

play-skip consumes the most out of the total size of the skin.
show more