forum

Is this a good way to improve?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
william78987
Is playing higher difficulty map (5.5* for me) an then coming back to fc 4.2 - 4.5* map a good way to improve at osu?

Basically, I find it difficult to fc map that are 4.2 to 4.5* and 1k combo or longer and I was wondering if I should just go play 5* map to improve my skill.

Is it a good way to improve, will it help at all?
Sandy Hoey
4.2 and 5.5 (or even 5) stars is a big jump. YOu are skipping a huge range of difficulties. Why?
Topic Starter
william78987

Sandy Hoey wrote:

4.2 and 5.5 (or even 5) stars is a big jump. YOu are skipping a huge range of difficulties. Why?
It's just that I am already able to play them well, there's not any good reason behind it it's just that my limit is 5.5* so I was wondering if I should push myself to the limit to improve
ManuelOsuPlayer

william78987 wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

It's just that I am already able to play them well, there's not any good reason behind it it's just that my limit is 5.5* so I was wondering if I should push myself to the limit to improve
Go for it, but also play easier ones if you want to hold bigger combos. Around 3'7-4'3.
Endaris
Trying to extend your limits is a good idea.
Trying to get consistent by also playing those 4* maps is also a good idea.
I'd say this will definitely bring your forward.
Atara
Osu is a wonderful game for pushing yourself and you will find great skill gains in doing so. But be sure to take some time every few days and gain some consistency unless you wanna be that one guy in multi with 84% account acc and can't stop breaking every 15 combo :D