forum

[resolved] osu lags when laptop is on battery

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
irisax3
Problem Details:
i noticed that the game is slow and laggy when i play it on battery mode but when i charge it it plays normally
my laptop is new and pretty much empty so i guess it shouldn't do that?
help please! thanks

laptop information:
windows 10
intel core i7
8GB RAM
Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160403.6
Dntm8kmeeatu
This is most likely due to your Power settings, when not charging laptops are normally set to lower performance to save battery drain. Go into your power management settings in Windows and set it to performance when unplugged, and it should fix your issue.
Topic Starter
irisax3
that worked!
thank you so much.
StuMonster
My problem is actually the opposite, it only works perfectly with zero lag when unplugged, yet freezes at points when plugged in. I don't understand it but have some theories. Is it due to powersaving being on when unplugged as it reduces background processing, but then that makes no sense as it still lags even with battery saving mode.
XVVI

StuMonster wrote:

My problem is actually the opposite, it only works perfectly with zero lag when unplugged, yet freezes at points when plugged in. I don't understand it but have some theories. Is it due to powersaving being on when unplugged as it reduces background processing, but then that makes no sense as it still lags even with battery saving mode.
SAME! THIS IS ANNOYING
euby

StuMonster wrote:

Sudden framerate drops usually occur due to CPU thermal throttling, which usually happens when the CPU is working @ max speed and voltage, which usually happens when you plug the external power source (laptop switches from power saving mode to performance mode)
ofcoursenotvalk

euby wrote:

StuMonster wrote:

Sudden framerate drops usually occur due to CPU thermal throttling, which usually happens when the CPU is working @ max speed and voltage, which usually happens when you plug the external power source (laptop switches from power saving mode to performance mode)
so is there a way to fix it?
Miilexthemii
I have problem that when i plug the charger in it lags even though the game literally say it benefits it. YA KNOW THE CONSEQUENCE OF THAT, OSU!