forum

Input lag in CTL-490

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wokalek
Hi, everybody. Input lag in model of the CTL-490 (Intos Draw) tablet is fixed with drivers?
Whether there is input lag in the CTH-490 model (Intos Art)?
The second model is more expensive. It is worth buying it, but not CTL-490?
-Makishima S-
From stil available tablets out of Wacom, CTL-471 is top tier.
CTL-480 is out of stock for a long time now :/
Topic Starter
wokalek

[Taiga] wrote:

From stil available tablets out of Wacom, CTL-471 is top tier.
CTL-480 is out of stock for a long time now :/
My tablet (CTH-470/K) already serves me 6 years. I would like to update the tablet. And CTL-471 has the same design and the form... I would try to use another already.
Velura

Vostok Sisters wrote:

Hi, everybody. Input lag in model of the CTL-490 (Intos Draw) tablet is fixed with drivers?
Whether there is input lag in the CTH-490 model (Intos Art)?
The second model is more expensive. It is worth buying it, but not CTL-490?
As far as I know the input-lag-free drivers are not supported with the CTL-490 and a lot of users have reported horrible input lag when hovering (but while dragging you seem to be fine). So no the input lag is most likely not fixed with the CTL-490.

And no they are pretty much the exact same tablet (Intuos Art vs. Intuos Draw afaik the Intuos Art has additional touch-functionality, meaning you can use your fingers as well, where es the Intuos Draw is more an entry-level model without fancy stuff)

If it is worth buying or not I can't tell you. Personally I got my CTH-480 from ebay (unused, only replacement pen nibs missing) for around the same price as a CTH/CTL-490, so you might get lucky on ebay, otherwise you might wanna take a look at a HUION H420/420 or an XP-Pen G430
Faolan
CTL-490 has horrible input lag that cannot be fixed with drivers, the only solution is to force the nib to remain pressed when hovering (there is still some input lag). I recently switched from the 490 to a 480 and had been dealing with this problem forever, would not recommend getting the 490 at all.
zeplic
I'll vouch that 490 belongs in the trash.

I was in denial, i did everything i could to make it work. But as improved it became more and more noticable it wasnt cutting it. I got a 480, and repeated the steps from this video:

https://youtu.be/3_-JO2VjHB8

i even jammed spaghetti into the nib of the stylus for the 490 , and it did help, but it was still apparent. I would highly recommend doing the spaghetti thing if you got a 490 and cant afford something else in the near future, its still a viable tablet for playing maps up to a certain difficulty, that said, my profile's accuracy kind of speaks for itself on that case, my accuracy drastically improved with a new tablet, despite it having nothing to do with rhythm sense. one could say my 490 accuracy was like that of spaghetti
Humanity
490 is horrible according to others because of the input lag, but personally i've never had any issues with it (been using it for 9 months now, and i hover)
zeplic

Humanity wrote:

490 is horrible according to others because of the input lag, but personally i've never had any issues with it (been using it for 9 months now, and i hover)

Mind sharing your play area? ,

also, according to some videos ive seen, it may have been a factory problem and only a popular distributor screwed up their line, and others that have obtained their tablet from a different source have not had issues. Video source @ 11:00 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQR1C83FHns