forum

HAG - Hoshi Miru Koro o Sugite mo

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FiddleBlue
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 8:07:11 PM

Artist: HAG
Title: Hoshi Miru Koro o Sugite mo
Tags: Hagu ハグ Past the Stargazing Season Mili Everlasting Night of Teenage Girls J-pop Deemo Jpop FiddleBlue
BPM: 142
Filesize: 9442kb
Play Time: 05:36
Difficulties Available:
  1. Wishful (4.66 stars, 980 notes)
Download: HAG - Hoshi Miru Koro o Sugite mo
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

- H△G -
「星見る頃過ぎても」

1st ranked map!

Thanks To
Nomination
TheKingHenry
Wishkey
Lanturn

Modders
Life Size Note
Amazeeing
Nevo
ZenzZ
kwk
Landwii
Innovation
_xyliac
The Ash Raichu
veckt0r
Gottagof4ast
Lily Bread
Mitsuna-
Life Size Note
00:19:539 (1) - i think u should space out next notes more and change patterns to something more fancy (feels way too repetitive, just adjust notes differently)
00:55:877 (6) - this stream is way too long, delete the beginning and think of something more interesting
00:59:046 (1) - you have a really slow slider which i dont think is necessary; i guess ur logic is because of vocals but at the same time at 01:00:525 (3) (which is technically the same) u have one lonely note, so either commit to another slow slider with different shape or come up with something different
01:14:680 (6) - put some claps/finishes on this and next similar notes, or put a short slider, feels kind of unsatisfying in its current state (especially 01:19:539 (5) )
02:10:243 (4) - a little bit too long again (but up to you here honestly, but i think u can cut few notes off the end)
02:26:722 (2) - i would put this near or little bit below previous slider, overlap doesnt look nice in this case
03:08:342 (1) - i think it should be close to slider since its a relaxing part of the song, but distance on 03:09:821 (4) is fine, dont change it
03:11:722 (1) - copy paste here, just move and turn things around a little bit
03:15:102 (1) - repeating same thing third time is too much, maybe u can come up with some fancy long sliders or anything different honestly
03:27:990 (1) - loud guitar sounds but u keep same distance as previous notes, make this more juicy
03:30:525 (3) - are u cosplaying as HW's tsubasa here? :P dont think it fits the song and dont get so obsessed with straight sliders
03:37:074 (2) - up down up down up and then u have stream that starts at down and u have to move slowly to the side, doesnt feel very comfortable/flowy, maybe readjust beginning of the stream a little bit or put note closer to the stream, up to u really
03:44:680 (2) - i know rhythm vice this is logical but while playing it doesnt feel nice since u have constant flow before that, put another note / make slider / or anything fancy u can think of

Song is really lovely and you know how to map, just fix some things, make it more juicy and result will be very enjoyable ! :)
Topic Starter
FiddleBlue
I guess you came from my reddit post? xD

Life Size Note wrote:

00:19:539 (1) - i think u should space out next notes more and change patterns to something more fancy (feels way too repetitive, just adjust notes differently) Song is repeating so I decided to repeat it lol. I think stacking them would be more impact rather than spaced more.
00:55:877 (6) - this stream is way too long, delete the beginning and think of something more interesting Well, there's nothing really particularly interesting on the 1/4 rhythm, so a normal stream is acceptable.
00:59:046 (1) - you have a really slow slider which i dont think is necessary; i guess ur logic is because of vocals but at the same time at 01:00:525 (3) (which is technically the same) u have one lonely note, so either commit to another slow slider with different shape or come up with something different Well it is meant to follow the vocal. 01:03:060 (2) - is there so that the snapping is 1/2 as ignoring the drum there is a bit weird.
01:14:680 (6) - put some claps/finishes on this and next similar notes, or put a short slider, feels kind of unsatisfying in its current state (especially 01:19:539 (5) ) I'm planning to hitsound after I finish the map. Also, putting a 1/2 slider will break the point of it following the vocals lol.
02:10:243 (4) - a little bit too long again (but up to you here honestly, but i think u can cut few notes off the end) Same as before.
02:26:722 (2) - i would put this near or little bit below previous slider, overlap doesnt look nice in this case It's supposed to be similar to 01:11:933 (1) -, but since there's a drum sound where before doesn't, the slider got separated.But if more people complain I'll change it.
03:08:342 (1) - i think it should be close to slider since its a relaxing part of the song, but distance on 03:09:821 (4) is fine, dont change it Made closer
03:11:722 (1) - copy paste here, just move and turn things around a little bit It's the same thing just flipped horizontally xd
03:15:102 (1) - repeating same thing third time is too much, maybe u can come up with some fancy long sliders or anything different honestly Well since the difference from the previous isn't that big, I don't think a big difference is necessary.
03:27:990 (1) - loud guitar sounds but u keep same distance as previous notes, make this more juicy Which is why I made 03:27:145 (1,2,1,2) - different than 01:49:116 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - and 00:48:271 (1,2,1,2,1,2) -. 03:27:356 (2,1) - and 03:27:778 (2,1) - are different in spacing and how it usually goes to another row instead of overlapping would emphasize that juicy guitar sound.
03:30:525 (3) - are u cosplaying as HW's tsubasa here? :P dont think it fits the song and dont get so obsessed with straight sliders Lmao unintentional cosplay xd. I think it fits with the vocals and the intensity of each part. Also, since this part only happen once I figured of trying to make it different than the rest.
03:37:074 (2) - up down up down up and then u have stream that starts at down and u have to move slowly to the side, doesnt feel very comfortable/flowy, maybe readjust beginning of the stream a little bit or put note closer to the stream, up to u really I try to emphasize the build up here,
well if people state the same more, I'll change it.

03:44:680 (2) - i know rhythm vice this is logical but while playing it doesnt feel nice since u have constant flow before that, put another note / make slider / or anything fancy u can think of I think it's quite fine as circular flow is the same. Plus 03:27:778 (2,1) - is a full beat gap, players have enough time to recover.

show some love for left side please
Haha xD I guess I just love the right side too much, especially the buttom right.

Song is really lovely and you know how to map, just fix some things, make it more juicy and result will be very enjoyable ! :)
Thanks for the mod!
Amazeeing
Hello! I came from your Reddit post, too xD Saw the song was pretty cool and that you had potential, so I wanted to help :D

01:12:778 (2) - You could use a New Combo to indicate the 0.8x SV change. Wasn't that unexpected during gameplay, but I think it's still worth adding.

01:13:623 -> 01:33:905 - This kiai was really weird in terms of visuals. You could try using some shapes, or simpler stuff to make the notes more readable.

01:14:469 (5,6) - I really like what you did to emphasize these two vocal syllables; they fit pretty nicely! :) Although, you could use a 1/2 slider on the second sound, since it lasts longer and helps to keep the momentum of the kiai. Same for the other kiais.

01:19:328 (4,5) - Same as 01:14:469 (5,6) but maybe a 1/1 slider would fit better.

03:59:257 (1,2,3,4) - Would be better if you emphasized 03:59:890 (4) instead of 04:00:102 (1) since it's more noticeable.

04:10:877 (5) - Would be better if you put this at the start of 04:11:088 (1,2,3,4,5,6). Same for the rest of this slow part.

04:09:398 (1) - This slider is way too fast for this slow section :o
Hope you finish this, since I see you've got potential to make a nice map out of this song! And, good luck with ranking!
Topic Starter
FiddleBlue

Amazeeing wrote:

Hello! I came from your Reddit post, too xD Saw the song was pretty cool and that you had potential, so I wanted to help :D OwO

01:12:778 (2) - You could use a New Combo to indicate the 0.8x SV change. Wasn't that unexpected during gameplay, but I think it's still worth adding. Well I don't think it's that unexpected, also it looks weird lol

01:13:623 -> 01:33:905 - This kiai was really weird in terms of visuals. You could try using some shapes, or simpler stuff to make the notes more readable.
I think it's quite readable as the patterns aren't that cramped. In term of visual, I don't think the placement are weird as objects are either part of a triangle or a straight line. Though if some patterns are hard to read, please give an example. :D

01:14:469 (5,6) - I really like what you did to emphasize these two vocal syllables; they fit pretty nicely! :) Although, you could use a 1/2 slider on the second sound, since it lasts longer and helps to keep the momentum of the kiai. Same for the other kiais. Both method are acceptable, but I prefer my way. I want to mostly prioritize the vocal and make it looks special in a way since it's the kiai. If the vocal is slow then I'll use sliders.

01:19:328 (4,5) - Same as 01:14:469 (5,6) but maybe a 1/1 slider would fit better. Same as before

03:59:257 (1,2,3,4) - Would be better if you emphasized 03:59:890 (4) instead of 04:00:102 (1) since it's more noticeable. 04:00:102 (1) - is stronger than 03:59:890 (4) - , so it wouldn't really fit lol.

04:10:877 (5) - Would be better if you put this at the start of 04:11:088 (1,2,3,4,5,6). Same for the rest of this slow part. The next circle is stronger than the one before, so making it the start of next NC would be weird. If more people stated the same thing I'll change it.

04:09:398 (1) - This slider is way too fast for this slow section :o Changed to 1.0x instead. Don't really want to go lower as players might think it's a 1/4 slider as before it was high spacing jumps.

Hope you finish this, since I see you've got potential to make a nice map out of this song! And, good luck with ranking! Thanks!
Thanks for the mod!
Amazeeing

FiddleBlue wrote:

Amazeeing wrote:

03:59:257 (1,2,3,4) - Would be better if you emphasized 03:59:890 (4) instead of 04:00:102 (1) since it's more noticeable. 04:00:102 (1) - is stronger than 03:59:890 (4) - , so it wouldn't really fit lol.
Not sure where are you getting that rhythm emphasis lol. If it's for the white tick, ignore it because that's not what the song is doing at all...even a casual listener like me can hear it. I'm pretty sure you could hear it too, if you ignored the timeline and listened to the song.

FiddleBlue wrote:

Amazeeing wrote:

04:09:398 (1) - This slider is way too fast for this slow section :o Changed to 1.0x instead. Don't really want to go lower as players might think it's a 1/4 slider as before it was high spacing jumps.
Changing to something 0.8x (like you did in the intro) doesn't make it look like a 1/4 slider, though.
Topic Starter
FiddleBlue

FiddleBlue wrote:

Amazeeing wrote:

Not sure where are you getting that rhythm emphasis lol. If it's for the white tick, ignore it because that's not what the song is doing at all...even a casual listener like me can hear it. I'm pretty sure you could hear it too, if you ignored the timeline and listened to the song. There's a cymbal(?) sound there and it happens three times. So I break the curve to show that.

FiddleBlue wrote:

Amazeeing wrote:

Changing to something 0.8x (like you did in the intro) doesn't make it look like a 1/4 slider, though. I think 0.8x is too slow for the transition from fast to slow. Don't wanna make something uncomfortable especially when it's to a calm section.
Amazeeing

FiddleBlue wrote:

Amazeeing wrote:

Not sure where are you getting that rhythm emphasis lol. If it's for the white tick, ignore it because that's not what the song is doing at all...even a casual listener like me can hear it. I'm pretty sure you could hear it too, if you ignored the timeline and listened to the song. There's a cymbal(?) sound there and it happens three times. So I break the curve to show that.
Yep, but the guitar sound is much more prominent than the cymbal and the guitar sounds before it too, though. Especially since you map the guitar, and then randomly emphasize another instrument which isn't even important...it's kinda weird :/
Topic Starter
FiddleBlue

Amazeeing wrote:

FiddleBlue wrote:

Yep, but the guitar sound is much more prominent than the cymbal and the guitar sounds before it too, though. Especially since you map the guitar, and then randomly emphasize another instrument which isn't even important...it's kinda weird :/
Cymbals that sound as loud as those three are never heard until 03:59:257 -, that's why I'm emphasizing them. Sure the guitar is recognizable, but the cymbals stand out more. Also I didn't map only to the guitar lol, the white ticks, which has a subtle drum, are also emphasized.
Amazeeing

FiddleBlue wrote:

Cymbals that sound as loud as those three are never heard until 03:59:257 -, that's why I'm emphasizing them. Sure the guitar is recognizable, but the cymbals stand out more. Also I didn't map only to the guitar lol, the white ticks, which has a subtle drum, are also emphasized.

FiddleBlue wrote:

the white ticks, which has a subtle drum
Right there, you said it...subtle. I can understand the cymbal, but the drums on 04:00:102 (1) and 04:00:947 (1) are just way too low in volume to be emphasized; you're better emphasizing the guitar as it's more noticeable in gameplay.

i wish i could understand your sense of rhythm emphasis, instead of making 3000 posts complaining, but i just can't :(
Topic Starter
FiddleBlue

Amazeeing wrote:

FiddleBlue wrote:

FiddleBlue wrote:

the white ticks, which has a subtle drum
Right there, you said it...subtle. I can understand the cymbal, but the drums on 04:00:102 (1) and 04:00:947 (1) are just way too low in volume to be emphasized; you're better emphasizing the guitar as it's more noticeable in gameplay.

i wish i could understand your sense of rhythm emphasis, instead of making 3000 posts complaining, but i just can't :(
03:59:890 (4,1) - reversing this would break my intention of mapping with this pattern, and that is to separate the calm section and a sudden unique sound. 03:59:468 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - is basically guitar and piano, so placing them to form a curve would indicate that they are the same. 03:59:257 (1,1,1) - practically has additional sounds that are recognizable, and acts as if they break the section with the sounds.

Since it irritates you a lot, judging by your posts, I'll make 03:59:891 (4) - a 1/4 slider. Though I find increasing the volume is enough to fix the problem. I'm hitsounding the map after I'm done mapping.
Amazeeing

FiddleBlue wrote:

Since it irritates you a lot, judging by your posts, I'll make 03:59:891 (4) - a 1/4 slider. Though I find increasing the volume is enough to fix the problem. I'm hitsounding the map after I'm done mapping.
Woah, irritated? Did I give you that idea? Sorry if it seemed like I was.

I just wanted to understand why you chose that rhythm emphasis to get your perspective and help your map, not force my idea in it, and I finally got it. I’m used to mapping an unique sound, without including other sounds, so that’s why it seemed strange at first.

The idea of using the cymbal to work out calm guitar/piano sound like you put it is kinda cool, wish I got that earlier; I can see how it works. The 1/4 slider also plays badly for the pattern you’re going for, so I suggest keeping it like it was before.

This is also my first mod, and I guess I kinda put too much of my concepts into it. Sorry you had to be the first “victim”. Thank you for having endured me for an entire page, and for helping me improve my modding.

Guess I’m done now. Hope to see your name in the Ranked section!
Topic Starter
FiddleBlue

Amazeeing wrote:

FiddleBlue wrote:

Woah, irritated? Did I give you that idea? Sorry if it seemed like I was.

I just wanted to understand why you chose that rhythm emphasis to get your perspective and help your map, not force my idea in it, and I finally got it. I’m used to mapping an unique sound, without including other sounds, so that’s why it seemed strange at first.

The idea of using the cymbal to work out calm guitar/piano sound like you put it is kinda cool, wish I got that earlier; I can see how it works. The 1/4 slider also plays badly for the pattern you’re going for, so I suggest keeping it like it was before.

This is also my first mod, and I guess I kinda put too much of my concepts into it. Sorry you had to be the first “victim”. Thank you for having endured me for an entire page, and for helping me improve my modding.

Guess I’m done now. Hope to see your name in the Ranked section!
Glad we can come to a conclusion. Thanks for your help and concern. :)