posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Xayler

Hailie wrote:

Hello! As request from pm Thanks!

• Descend
  1. 00:29:636 (1) - Shouldn't this be a repeat just like 00:32:836 (1) - ? they sound no different from each other even when I slow the songn down so it shouldn't be a reason why they are both made differently and it wouldn't ruin any effect you were going with As I hear, the first slider has the piano for first two 1/6 ticks. The 3rd tick what the 2nd slider has is the 2nd tick for the 1st slider if you hear it closely. I have pretty awesome headphones so that's what I hear.
  2. 00:52:436 (2,3) - think it would be cool to emphasis the beat on the red tick 00:52:636 (3) - by not having this stack similar to 00:55:636 (2,3) - where ya didn't have it stack
    ^ 00:58:836 (2,3) - same as above Alright, I did it more predictable now so they are same now.
    - 01:01:236 (4,5) - this 1 is fine Okay.
  3. 02:02:436 (1,2) - should (2) have a nc ~ seems kind of inconsistent to not add a NC here when others times such as 02:12:036 (1,1) - 01:56:036 (1,1) - for an example does have a NC It doesn't have a NC because slider velocity doesn't change there, the ones you mentioned - there it does. I add NC's for different slider velocities so people can expect it to be slower/faster.
    ^ 02:24:836 (2) - basically kind of the same thing Same explanation as above, sv doesn't change here so it should be alright.
  4. 02:06:036 - maybe instead of just a circle,go with the slider like previous times? kind of goes with the music more than a circle and having a pause at 02:06:236 - imo I wanted to emphasize it this way with a circle at the end, that sound doesn't support the slider like I did in other places and that's why I left a bigger break there as well.

• Hard
  1. Kind of the same deal with the ncs like on the top difficulty at around here 02:02:436 - Same explanation as in Insane.

• Normal
  1. 00:56:836 (4,5) - possibly adjust this by moving slider head up more towards the left? flow a bit better for new players Done.
  2. 01:06:836 (5,6,7) - for this and all similar - maybe used this type of rhythm instead https://puu.sh/zytz6/2d1dff46d4.png
    imo it flows better (also look better) - if ya don't go with my suggestion - then I do suggest having it a bit more polish than it is currently Right now the way I have it mapped was actually a suggestion from another bn. He has used this kind of rhythm in his normal diffs as well and it works really nicely. The circles also have the red tick drum as clickable, otherwise it would be in a slidertail. I use these 1/2 sliders to emphasize a rhythm what's more intense like 01:04:436 (6) - 01:18:036 (2) - 01:28:836 (4,5) - these.

hmm idk ~ Its ok but at the same time the difficulty can be possibly more polish than it is now before calling me back What do you mean exactly by more polish, the rhythm part or something else? I don't see from my standpoint what's wrong currently as everything what were a bit off previously were fixed with my small uploads last month.

well its pretty decent I suppose Thanks, I really hope that it's good!

Just call me back later and also confirm your metadata Metadata is in the description!
Thanks for the check! I don't know what to polish more though so I'm a bit confused now if I should ask right away or not?
Also, since the Insane and Normal had some reworks then I can give kudosu again or?
Cheri

Xayler wrote:

Hailie wrote:

Hello! As request from pm Thanks!

• Descend
  1. 00:29:636 (1) - Shouldn't this be a repeat just like 00:32:836 (1) - ? they sound no different from each other even when I slow the songn down so it shouldn't be a reason why they are both made differently and it wouldn't ruin any effect you were going with As I hear, the first slider has the piano for first two 1/6 ticks. The 3rd tick what the 2nd slider has is the 2nd tick for the 1st slider if you hear it closely. I have pretty awesome headphones so that's what I hear.
  2. 00:52:436 (2,3) - think it would be cool to emphasis the beat on the red tick 00:52:636 (3) - by not having this stack similar to 00:55:636 (2,3) - where ya didn't have it stack
    ^ 00:58:836 (2,3) - same as above Alright, I did it more predictable now so they are same now.
    - 01:01:236 (4,5) - this 1 is fine Okay.
  3. 02:02:436 (1,2) - should (2) have a nc ~ seems kind of inconsistent to not add a NC here when others times such as 02:12:036 (1,1) - 01:56:036 (1,1) - for an example does have a NC It doesn't have a NC because slider velocity doesn't change there, the ones you mentioned - there it does. I add NC's for different slider velocities so people can expect it to be slower/faster. Okay I didn't pay attention as clear as I thought (so much for being a bn >.>) but that bring on a different point - why isn't there a SV change at 02:02:836 (2) - ? I get that this 02:02:436 (1) - slider is suppose to be faster but in the music - it is clear that this slider should be 02:02:836 - faster than the other like other times (if not slightly more fast) so its make sense to change the 1x or 1.1x to differentiate from the other times where its 1x
    ^ 02:24:836 (2) - basically kind of the same thing Same explanation as above, sv doesn't change here so it should be alright.
  4. 02:06:036 - maybe instead of just a circle,go with the slider like previous times? kind of goes with the music more than a circle and having a pause at 02:06:236 - imo I wanted to emphasize it this way with a circle at the end, that sound doesn't support the slider like I did in other places and that's why I left a bigger break there as well.

• Hard
  1. Kind of the same deal with the ncs like on the top difficulty at around here 02:02:436 - Same explanation as in Insane.same thing I wrote in red

• Normal
  1. 00:56:836 (4,5) - possibly adjust this by moving slider head up more towards the left? flow a bit better for new players Done.
  2. 01:06:836 (5,6,7) - for this and all similar - maybe used this type of rhythm instead https://puu.sh/zytz6/2d1dff46d4.png
    imo it flows better (also look better) - if ya don't go with my suggestion - then I do suggest having it a bit more polish than it is currently Right now the way I have it mapped was actually a suggestion from another bn. He has used this kind of rhythm in his normal diffs as well and it works really nicely. The circles also have the red tick drum as clickable, otherwise it would be in a slidertail. I use these 1/2 sliders to emphasize a rhythm what's more intense like 01:04:436 (6) - 01:18:036 (2) - 01:28:836 (4,5) - these.

hmm idk ~ Its ok but at the same time the difficulty can be possibly more polish than it is now before calling me back What do you mean exactly by more polish, the rhythm part or something else? I don't see from my standpoint what's wrong currently as everything what were a bit off previously were fixed with my small uploads last month. The rhythm is fine - I was suggesting to polish it as far as the patterns visually before calling me back which shouldn't be too long - sorry should had made that more clear

well its pretty decent I suppose Thanks, I really hope that it's good!

Just call me back later and also confirm your metadata Metadata is in the description! while I seen that - I mean getting it confirm through something such as the metadata discord server as to keep future dq/pop (which is quite common from something as simple as this)
Thanks for the check! I don't know what to polish more though so I'm a bit confused now if I should ask right away or not?
Also, since the Insane and Normal had some reworks then I can give kudosu again or? well the normal is a new diff basically so up to u
anyways I came back to make a clarification since I realize I had to - you may call me back after through forum pm so I can look more into it (and possibly bubble if I don't see further issues)
Topic Starter
Xayler
I will just reply to the parts where you did as well to avoid confusion.

Hailie wrote:

Okay I didn't pay attention as clear as I thought (so much for being a bn >.>) but that bring on a different point - why isn't there a SV change at 02:02:836 (2) - ? I get that this 02:02:436 (1) - slider is suppose to be faster but in the music - it is clear that this slider should be 02:02:836 - faster than the other like other times (if not slightly more fast) so its make sense to change the 1x or 1.1x to differentiate from the other times where its 1x
You can see that I use only 0,25x 0,5x 0,75x 1x and 1,25x slider velocities. So there are only these what I'm using for this particular song/difficulty and I want it to stay like this so the 1,1x and stuff would just bring inconsistency to that as well. I hope that you understand. :P And why that slider there isn't 0,5x like the others is because the sound isn't the same as it is for these where I use 0,5x. I know that it doesn't change a lot, but I want to emphasize it this way so I used same sv for both of them. Also it plays much better the current way as the small stream is fast and the faster the slider after that is, the better it is to play without a sliderbreak.

So in Hard diff I just used the same logic.

So I went once again to the Normal, I rotated some stuff a bit and I applied this thing to some more stuff:

Hailie wrote:

00:56:836 (4,5) - possibly adjust this by moving slider head up more towards the left? flow a bit better for new players
I really don't see what are wrong with patterns as most sliders what are in a row are made for flow and playability. So some slidertails or such may not be in a pattern always due to this, it would limit my mapping way too much and I prefer flow a lot more than just some patterns what don't play as good as I have currently. And for me patterns are visually top notch, that's what I usually prefer as well so...

Also I have no idea what is the metadata discord server, haven't even heard of it. I know that it's Seven Lions' official youtube channel and just recently he uploaded a new song to there. All his other tours and such are also there, his playlists, etc. There is even purchase link for his newest song so I don't know what else there would be needed for it to not be a official source. As electronic songs and such are usually uploaded to youtube/soundcloud, etc then there shouldn't be any metadata issues. In official soundcloud it's all the same: https://soundcloud.com/seven-lions/slow ... -i-wont-be and the singer is what I searched out myself who I leaved in tags.
Cheri
whatever
Topic Starter
Xayler
:thinking:
Nozhomi
I'll fill that space soon I hope.
Ok

[Easy :]
  1. 01:02:436 (2,3) - Restart on the red tic and creating a polarity issue is really hard for a new player. I would avoid to restart on tha beat due to low emphasis vocal provide here and to avoid to trouble a new player discovering simple rhythms. Smth like this https://puu.sh/zIsHX/cf9c1dc3ba.png would be more evident to play.
  2. 01:04:836 - During this part, since we're still in a calm part, you could maybe provide a bit more of rhythm diversity. Like for example change 01:10:436 (4,5) - for this https://puu.sh/zIsM9/510f4e9322.png .
    Also on that same part, your NCing is a bit inconsistent. You seems to put them on vocal like 01:08:436 (1,1) - , so do it too for 01:13:636 (3,1) - / 01:20:036 (4,1) - / etc...
  3. 01:56:036 (1,2) - Should be a 2/1 sliders. Because that's the only one I can't explain (I can understand for 02:05:636 (1,2) - ).
[Normal :]
  1. Tbh I don't really know why you choose to use a 0.70x spacing for 1/2 elements. It makes some patterns more harder and messy to read (like 02:04:236 (4,5,1) - for example) than if you used a 1.00x spacing. It really confuse me like that.
  2. 00:36:036 (1) - Silent the end of this slider (5% volume) because it's a maintained sound so a full hitsound on it sounds too much.
  3. 01:27:036 (8) - I would probably better to remove that circle. You already had a really dense rhythm just before, having some break here would be beneficial for the player. Also there's nothing really interesting as sound to click here.
[Hard :]
  1. 00:13:236 (1,2) - Can you not do that ? That's painful to tap correctly and seems a bit too much for a Hard. I would remove 00:13:236 (1) - tbh.
  2. 00:32:836 (1,1) - Even if that's a good idea, I think it's a bit too much for a Hard diff to use elements like that. It can be easy break due to small slider lengh and harder to tap due to that.
[Insane :]
  1. 02:02:236 (7,8,1,2) - Just want to complain about that pattern who is too dense, making 02:02:236 (7,8,1) - unecessary harder to read compared to 02:15:036 (7,8,1) - . The pattern feels a bit too messy too so adding some space to that would be much cleaner and enjoyable here.

Double check your hitsounds just in case.
Mukyu~
Topic Starter
Xayler
Firstly I want to just tell that the blue text is just my reasoning/ideas and such I didn't apply these. But if they're really needed or are technically unrankable (like the 1/6 repeatones in Hard, which in theory, should be fine to me), then just tell me so. :P

Nozhomi wrote:

I'll fill that space soon I hope.
Ok

[Easy :]
  1. 01:02:436 (2,3) - Restart on the red tic and creating a polarity issue is really hard for a new player. I would avoid to restart on tha beat due to low emphasis vocal provide here and to avoid to trouble a new player discovering simple rhythms. Smth like this https://puu.sh/zIsHX/cf9c1dc3ba.png would be more evident to play. Seems reasonable, I got some mods to that, but your suggestion to the rhythm is really nice as I didn't know what else to do here.
  2. 01:04:836 - During this part, since we're still in a calm part, you could maybe provide a bit more of rhythm diversity. Like for example change 01:10:436 (4,5) - for this https://puu.sh/zIsM9/510f4e9322.png . Imo that's the most intense part of the song if we take refrain/kiai out. This can be more seen in the top diff. I tried to map this part in a classical 1/1 rhythms as that's what I really liked to play back in my noob days and cbh delivered such easies. So the rhythm you suggested falls off a bit. But the thing mostly is that it would only fit in that place imo as other verses are constructed differently to make this rhythm a bit consistent, so I'd stick with my current one.
    Also on that same part, your NCing is a bit inconsistent. You seems to put them on vocal like 01:08:436 (1,1) - , so do it too for 01:13:636 (3,1) - / 01:20:036 (4,1) - / etc... That somewhat falls into the same verse category, but I get the idea and hopefully it's better now.
  3. 01:56:036 (1,2) - Should be a 2/1 sliders. Because that's the only one I can't explain (I can understand for 02:05:636 (1,2) - ). I did it that way for them as I wanted the hype/transistion to the refrain be awesome, it feels really bad to just leave as a slidertail. I also did this somewhat consistently 01:56:036 (1) - this and 02:05:636 (1) - this as they are the most intense in that regard before the vocal + 02:18:436 (1) - here and 02:31:236 (1) - here. The first one I did as it has a short vocal as well. Imo it would really take out the intensity of the refrain really starting if I have it as a slidertail...
[Normal :]
  1. Tbh I don't really know why you choose to use a 0.70x spacing for 1/2 elements. It makes some patterns more harder and messy to read (like 02:04:236 (4,5,1) - for example) than if you used a 1.00x spacing. It really confuse me like that. It was more like a suggestion what I got and for me it made things to look better overall as if you use the usual 1.0x for everything, then the 1/2 will look pretty bad as they aren't almost overlapping which makes it pretty horrible imo. I guess that's more of a taste. And the overlap you mentioned would still be there, just it would be with a bit bigger spacing as I can't overlap perfectly 02:04:236 (4,1) - these. I hope that's alright.
  2. 00:36:036 (1) - Silent the end of this slider (5% volume) because it's a maintained sound so a full hitsound on it sounds too much. Done.
  3. 01:27:036 (8) - I would probably better to remove that circle. You already had a really dense rhythm just before, having some break here would be beneficial for the player. Also there's nothing really interesting as sound to click here. There's the same sound earlier as well 01:14:236 (8) - and there's that high pitched idk what to call synth sound, imo it's pretty interesting and fun to play. As that's the most intense part of the song (I suppose that I told that already xD) if we exclude the refrain, I decided to leave it like this. I actually nerfed the Normal by a huge margin in terms of rhythm density if you remember the old one which was more like an Advanced. xD
[Hard :]
  1. 00:13:236 (1,2) - Can you not do that ? That's painful to tap correctly and seems a bit too much for a Hard. I would remove 00:13:236 (1) - tbh. Okay...
  2. 00:32:836 (1,1) - Even if that's a good idea, I think it's a bit too much for a Hard diff to use elements like that. It can be easy break due to small slider lengh and harder to tap due to that. Uh, I've seen lots of kicks used in Hard diffs tho which are much worse to play as there are multiple ones in a row, but that's just 1 slider after a break. I applied this to the first one (where it's a circle instead) as that's a bit too much indeed for a 1/6 kick, but repeatones aren't also alright, I mean there's just 2 of them with big breaks?
[Insane :]
  1. 02:02:236 (7,8,1,2) - Just want to complain about that pattern who is too dense, making 02:02:236 (7,8,1) - unecessary harder to read compared to 02:15:036 (7,8,1) - . The pattern feels a bit too messy too so adding some space to that would be much cleaner and enjoyable here. There's nothing much to do (needs to be remapped otherwise in that section) other than I stacked 02:01:436 (4,1) - these and then I moved 02:02:336 (8) - this one a bit closer so the distance is correct. Does that make a bit cleaner it? Actually nvm, I thought of something without changing anything after that - does that play better or?

Double check your hitsounds just in case. Did and I also did some consistency changes between diffs. (My hitsounding is really bad overall tho)
Mukyu~
I also did the AR changes to Hard and Insane now.
Thanks!!
Come[Back]Home
;^)
Nozhomi
Mukyu~
MaridiuS

Nozhomi wrote:

Mukyu~
Topic Starter
Xayler
Nice, thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to the map! <3
Nikakis
omg YESSSSSSS
_orange
!!!
Kuron-kun
Hi there! Was checking your beatmap and found an unsnapped object in Hard. You can check AiMod for additional details.

Additionally you can consider these things:

[Normal]
  1. 00:36:036 (1) - This sound exactly the same as the previous ones (even lower), so I don't see much reasoning to add a 1/2 slider there. Would be much better if you lower the volume and add a circle there instead.
  2. 01:54:436 (5) - Actually this is a nice spot to add a NC since the song changes a lot and it's a downbeat. But that's up to you.
[Hard]
  1. 00:52:036 (1) - Since you've been following even the 1/6 beats in the beginning, would be really cool if you could add a triplet there to map the vocal, as you can hear there's something in the blue tick.
  2. 01:18:036 (2,3) - I'd highly recommend spacing these a bit more as these 3 01:17:436 (7,1,2,3) - have basically the same spacing and yet different snaps and that can be really confusing, specially with AR7. You can stack (2,3) to (4), would fix that.
  3. 01:55:236 (2,3,1,1) - The overlaps here (specially betwen (2) and the last (1)) isn't pleasing at all as things might feel really clustered. My suggestion would be to move 01:55:236 (2) - further away from the previous slider.
Lasse
yea, fix the unsnapped slider on hard (02:26:038 (3) - )
also make sure to take a look at the other suggestions that were mentioned
Topic Starter
Xayler

Kuron-kun wrote:

Hi there! Was checking your beatmap and found an unsnapped object in Hard. You can check AiMod for additional details. Will fix it asap. Didn't have it there before, lol.

Additionally you can consider these things:

[Normal]
  1. 00:36:036 (1) - This sound exactly the same as the previous ones (even lower), so I don't see much reasoning to add a 1/2 slider there. Would be much better if you lower the volume and add a circle there instead. Um 25% clearly tells that there's a 1/6 piano and for that 3rd one it ends at red tick. In Easy I have all circles, in Normal I have this 1/2 slider and 2 circles, in Hard I have 2 1/6 sliders and 1 circle, in Insane I have 3 1/6 sliders. I tried to be consistent between difficulties here.
  2. 01:54:436 (5) - Actually this is a nice spot to add a NC since the song changes a lot and it's a downbeat. But that's up to you. But I have NC on every 2nd downbeat, doesn't make sense to NC that.
[Hard]
  1. 00:52:036 (1) - Since you've been following even the 1/6 beats in the beginning, would be really cool if you could add a triplet there to map the vocal, as you can hear there's something in the blue tick. It would be inconsistent with 00:39:236 (1,1,1) - them. Imo this isn't needed.
  2. 01:18:036 (2,3) - I'd highly recommend spacing these a bit more as these 3 01:17:436 (7,1,2,3) - have basically the same spacing and yet different snaps and that can be really confusing, specially with AR7. You can stack (2,3) to (4), would fix that. The point of that is that the song intenseness goes down there, so there's a SV multiplier which is lower and after all it just visually gives the same, but it should be noticeable that it's not 1/2, same thing in Insane diff. But since so many don't agree with me here, then I'll just have the 1.0x SV here...
  3. 01:55:236 (2,3,1,1) - The overlaps here (specially betwen (2) and the last (1)) isn't pleasing at all as things might feel really clustered. My suggestion would be to move 01:55:236 (2) - further away from the previous slider. Moved 01:56:436 (1) - instead and the 3 objects after that.
Fixed things in Hard and the unsnapped thing.
Cheri
rebubble :)
Nozhomi
Thx 1ms unsnaped slider and editor being zzz
Lasse
actually it was 2ms 👀
Topic Starter
Xayler
👀I know nothing.👀
vipto
Congratulations my friend
Topic Starter