Refusing to continue map if I don't FC

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Amphy292
THIS HAS BECOME A HUGE PROBLEM PLEASE HELP
autoteleology
Have you tried just not retrying?

Unfortunately if that doesn't help I cannot diagnose mental illness over the internet.
Endaris
Does this also occur in multiplayer?
Personally I consider multiplayer very relaxing in that regard as I don't have to FC stuff to win a map and there's always a bit room for comeback.
Not to mention you play a lot of different maps in multi that you aren't even intending to FC.
KupcaH
Play multi
Akanagi

Endaris wrote:

Does this also occur in multiplayer?
Personally I consider multiplayer very relaxing in that regard as I don't have to FC stuff to win a map and there's always a bit room for comeback.
Not to mention you play a lot of different maps in multi that you aren't even intending to FC.

The bad side about MP is that you usually have to jump lobbies all the time because 70% of lobbies play sh*t maps like Fool moon night bcz they think it's funny, or they go for maps that somehow managed to slip into ranked section like https://osu.ppy.sh/s/26605, or they pick something way out of their range like Big Black.
The other lobbies consist of people taking their sweet time to actually start the map, or you are in an autohost lobby where noone knows how to initiate the countdown (!r btw)

I advise you to either take a break from this game or force yourself to stick through somehow, or put on HD so you can tell yourself you wouldn't have missed nomod, and continue playing.

The best thing would be to just fix your mentality. What helped me the most was to realize that no matter if I fcd or not, I'd still be considered bad at this game, since noone cares if you're a 100k, 80k, 60k, 40k, 20k or whatever. Noones going to notice, nor do they care if you told someone. So don't worry about FCing, that PP is still meaningless, and all pleasure you'd get out of FCing is gone the next day anyway because you just stare at yet another number and wished it would just be 1k (or whatever) lower than it is now.
N0thingSpecial
Play songs you enjoy listening regardless of how shit you're doing, then transition that mentality into your everyday farming session

Or just play multi
Kyrari

Rayne wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/26605
Oh hey nice recommendation, now I know what map I'll choose when I open multi :^)
eyjafjallaaaaaa
To break a habit you have to stop reinforcing it. You can do so by applying a hammer violently to your esc key

Or just go for a really hard maps you have no chance of FC and try to pass it. You won't blame yourself too much when you missed since you can't FC it anyway, you won't really care about acc either because its too hard to acc. Just, try to not die. Fun.
KupcaH

Rayne wrote:

The bad side about MP is that you usually have to jump lobbies all the time because 70% of lobbies play sh*t maps like Fool moon night bcz they think it's funny, or they go for maps that somehow managed to slip into ranked section like https://osu.ppy.sh/s/26605, or they pick something way out of their range like Big Black.
The other lobbies consist of people taking their sweet time to actually start the map, or you are in an autohost lobby where noone knows how to initiate the countdown (!r btw)
I've joined *5* - 6.5 host rotate* multi rooms a lot, and 95% of time people are choosing normal maps, and room usually last for pretty long time.
Just don't join random shitty multiplayer rooms with awkward names.
Deva

Rayne wrote:

The bad side about MP is that you usually have to jump lobbies all the time because 70% of lobbies play sh*t maps
Or just play with friends?
oh shit I forgot this is osu no one here has friends
gamestonk
Get maps longer than 3 minutes. Play, DON'T QUIT FOR ANY REASON, repeat.

You are probably gonna hate it for a while, I hate(d) doing long maps too, because it lacks the instant gratification of randomly S'ing a PP farm map, but after a few songs you'll get used to it and tend to appreciate it
Endaris

VanillaSandvich wrote:

Rayne wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/26605
Oh hey nice recommendation, now I know what map I'll choose when I open multi :^)
fuck, gonna drop another rank :cry:

I'd also like to mention that I can't share the impression of Rayne at all. The trick is simply to go into a multiroom 0.5* below what you actually want to play because if a room is called 4-5* then 80% of maps will be above 4.6* etc etc
kai99
i'll smurf for u for dem pps hmu bro
Fxjlk

Deva wrote:

oh shit I forgot this is osu no one here has friends
:(
Nyanpura
This is a problem for quite a lot of people. I had the same issue years ago when i am still a noob
the way i stop this is by playing some multi, just go to multi with your star difficulties, i don't think you will retry when you are playing it
and you will feel more comfortable and not retry when you don't fc at all

no seriously, sometimes not fcing could still give a good amount of pp
Fxjlk
When I start having this problem I think about it like this:

pp is unimportant, what truly matters is skill because if you get lucky and FC too many maps you will hit a wall since your skill level = your pp level

Therefore I shouldn't worry about pp because when I get better I will FC maps anyway, without having to try.

Since FCing the map is unimportant i should not worry about it and focus on doing the best I can in every moment since that will lead to the highest development in skill.
kai99
pls enjoy game
Atara
Play maps that are reasonably hard for you so you won't have the mindset of trying to fc. Just pass