forum

Ouendan in Osu! [Answered] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
I'm sure this has been asked before, but are there any plans to actually put the Ouendan or EBA actually dancing for the songs? That was one of my favorite parts of the game.
awp
I highly doubt those specific characters will be in it because of copywright violations, but I was going to ask if there would be, at some point, dancers.
peppy
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=324
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=186&p=953&hilit=dancing#p953

The magic 8-ball says probably, but it doesn't know when.
awp
For the 3D models, what sort of model format are you looking for? I believe with C you can include a library that can handle Blender files, and I know someone who is pretty good with Blender.
peppy
Standard directx formats - .x or .fbx. Any app which can't export to this doesn't deserve to exist in the 21st centure, anyhow.
Kanda Aoi
You can have Ouendan, just not THE Ouendan from the OTO games.
iNiS didn't come up with the concept, it's been around for ages, they just made it into video game form. You could make dancers with similar outfits to the red squad, and just make them different people.
Kylecito

Kanda Aoi wrote:

iNiS didn't come up with the concept, it's been around for ages, they just made it into video game form. You could make dancers with similar outfits to the red squad, and just make them different people.
copyright doesnt work that way
Echo
There's still the problem of who will make the 3D models - I doubt peppy has the time to do it himself, with so many feature requests en queue.
awp
I might be able to coerce a friend into creating and rigging some models. Question is, does peppy want to take the time to figure out how to make an animation engine for them?
LuigiHann

Kylecito wrote:

Kanda Aoi wrote:

copyright doesnt work that way
Er, legally speaking, I'd imagine that one is more likely to have issues regarding the overall gameplay and interface (which has already been copied pretty much exactly) than the outfits of the characters. But I suppose I don't really know.

I will say that, because real Ouendan do exist, there shouldn't be any trouble using one in another video game... but I'd recommend basing the outfits directly off real Ouendan, and not attempting to recreate the outfits in the game, which, while similar, have a lot of artistic license applied.

I'd really recommend original character designs altogether, though.
awp
I hope iNiS does not sue me for the left character in my sig picture
Kylecito
as i said before, i can make the models and pose them.
we were looking around with peppy some time ago for ways of implementing them into XNA, but as i'm sure many of you know, peppy is kinda busy with other features now, and i'm pretty busy with irl issues at this moment : >
but as soon as he gives me the go, i'll start working on the models!