forum

[Tablet Players] Touch the screen or not ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shoy
All is in the title.

Sometimes I see people which are touching the screen with their pen, other times people are moving their pen "in the air", just in the tab's detection area.

I tried both, but I feel like I'm losing aim/accuracy when my pen isn't touching the screen.
On the other side, I'm slower than if I move my pen just above the tab without any contact.

I'm still playing with a contact between both 'cause I feel more comfortable with it actually; but I guess it's gonna use the tablet (and the pen) faster than playing without any.

So, I'm curious to know : Are you playing with a touch or not ?
Yurumo
I think you mean dragging and hovering?

There has been multiple posts about the pros and cons of each playstyle so you can just search :P
Topic Starter
Shoy
Well..., I just never got the difference in the meaning of dragging & hovering until now. Thanks for the reply. :o

For resuming, if I'm understanding well, I'm dragging...
Seeing all those threads, I guess I'll force myself to hover. I'm already damaging my tab' after only 5-6 days & a 2k PC. x__x
realy0_

Shaenor wrote:

Well..., I just never got the difference in the meaning of dragging & hovering until now. Thanks for the reply. :o

Seeing all those threads, I guess I'll force myself to hover. I'm already damaging my tab' after only 5-6 days & a 2k PC. x__x
So you bought a bad tablet cuz a graphic tablet is meant to draw in it.
Topic Starter
Shoy

realy0_ wrote:

Shaenor wrote:

So you bought a bad tablet cuz a graphic tablet is meant to draw in it.
Intuos Manga - Wacom.

For being fully honest, I got the tab for years before starting Osu!, it was already kinda damaged tho.
Yurumo
Use whatever feels comfortable to you.
You don't have to do anything the top players do to be "good"

Of course, there are reasons why top players do things the way they do, but
that doesn't mean that if you copy everything the top players do you'll be as good as them.

It all comes down to practice.
-Makishima S-
If you want to use touchscreen with stylus - buy replaceable hardened gorilla glass to cover your screen, then tap + drag with stylus.