forum

Would you rather aim better or tap better

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aktsumi
Let's say for tapping you can tap all songs that top player plays let's say top 5 and be able to have the highest accuracy but your aiming is about 3*
You would often play autopilot mode

Or

Be the aim God, you have the ability to aim with highest accuracy but you tapping leaves much to desired. Like almost that of a 4*

Highest accuracy doesn't mean perfect. You still have to retry and it's still difficult and challenging

And no, this doesn't apply to the crazy impossible beatmaps
KupcaH
both
autoteleology
As a 99.5% acc player with extremely inconsistent aim, I would much rather have good aim and bad rhythm instead.

Accuracy without combo is worthless. 1 x 1 is 1. 100 x 0 is 0.
johnmedina999
STD is mainly an aim game after all, so I would choose aim.
N0thingSpecial
Ill give anything to be able to death stream at least 240 bpm
ManuelOsuPlayer
I pref tap. More fun.
Yolshka
I'll take either one just let me be good at something.
E m i
easy peasy answer, i would just take the aim and then spend like 2 years to not only regain what i currently have but also surpass it by a mile...
my current tapping skill has been reached in like 1 year because i already lost everything when i quit the game in 2016 lol

tapping improvement has always been guaranteed for me and has always just steadily and stably happened as i played more

but aim, holy shit, all over the place and no consistency ever.
Waffletrix
I'd say Both :^) well lets just say to improve your gameplay Tapping = Streams will be get better , Aiming = god Jumps and getting a Good acc be liek cookiezi 8-)
Topic Starter
Aktsumi
I thought about this for a while. I originally was going to pick tapping but as I read your posts I realize how hard aiming can actually be. Much harder than tapping. Hell you can just tap to a metronome. Thank you for helping me reach my answer. I would rather choose aiming
Edgar_Figaro
Aim is more important. There are many high level maps that don't contain streams or even the streams are short and at a 4* level. When you get to harder maps even if you can stream like mad it won't matter as the streams start becoming spaced and then you'll fail at them due to crappy aim timing.

I mean if you want a compairison I think of the 2nd scenario as being a touchscreen player, sure there is map limitation as they can't do streams, but there is still plenty of jumpy maps you can play. With only tapping skill you'll never FC anything
Endie-
aim gives more pp
ez decision lul
Kayy
tappin is more fun, make me a god in 7k too while you're at it.
NixXSkate
Definitely tapping since it's my weakness; better finger control means better consistency anyway. No point in aiming if you still can't tap over 250bpm imo.
vinnicci
Deva
I'd quit osu if I had to pick one of those
ManuelOsuPlayer

Aktsumi wrote:

I thought about this for a while. I originally was going to pick tapping but as I read your posts I realize how hard aiming can actually be. Much harder than tapping. Hell you can just tap to a metronome. Thank you for helping me reach my answer. I would rather choose aiming
It's harder than tapping to learn.
Kondou-Shinichi
tapping skills
I need to stream 480bpm so i can fc diavolo
SlowLogicBoy
Tapping, since I'm worse at it. That might change in the future :)