forum

Some advices about AR ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shoy
Hi everyone,

First of all, sorry for my english which isn't perfect.
I started playing Osu! few days ago, and actually, to be honest, I can't read AR8 or more...
AR7 gave me some problems, but it starts going well by practising.

That's why I told myself "Well, let's practice for AR8".
But actually, I can't even practice since I fail every AR8 song after 10-15 hits.

So here's my question, is it any tip or advice to make AR8 easier ?
I thought about getting some AR5.5/AR6 songs and play it in HR to make an AR7.7/AR8.4, don't know if the idea is good or not...

Thanks by advance. =)
Lyawi
There's a way but it could be kinda complicated.
Go into the editor of a AR7 beatmap, click "song setup", "difficulty" and then increase the AR a bit. Holding the shift key gives you the possibility to adjust it more precise (example: AR7,3).
Keep in mind that this beatmap is no longer in ranked state then. You can always re-download the beatmap you've changed things in and it'll be the ranked one again.

I hope you can practice that way a bit.
Topic Starter
Shoy
Gonna try it, thanks. ^^'
Trosk-
Moved to G&R
N0thingSpecial
Lol just play more and you'll get used to it
Endie-
osu is a game about reading tbh.
Play more and you'll get better at it
worst fl player
Just play ar11
KupcaH

N0thingSpecial wrote:

This guy knows.

L-a-m-e-y [ B ] wrote:

Just play ar11
This guy is lame.
Kondou-Shinichi

KupcaH wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

This guy knows.

L-a-m-e-y [ B ] wrote:

Just play ar11
This guy is lame.
This guy pro
Endie-

L-a-m-e-y [ B ] wrote:

Just play ar11
this guy is on to something
B1rd
problem isn't ar, problem is that you're a crap player and need to play more
Shaper

B1rd wrote:

woah mister dont be rude to others, he just asked a simple question.

@OT: ask Jeby or aefrogdog loolllol
Topic Starter
Shoy

B1rd wrote:

Thanks for your tip, I would feel really bad (for you) if I was as good as you in 4 days than you are after 4 years. ^-^

_____

Edit : Thanks to the others, I think I got the big idea in all of those answers. I'll just play even more. =)
Dagresha
reading ar is a very minor part of the game, your problem most likely lies in that you are just new

keep playing whatever songs you enjoy. you can try playing harder maps with higher ar, but i'd recommend aiming for accuracy of 80% and above if you're training (anything lower is a little too keyboard spammy and could create bad habits). also feel free to turn on nofail mod!

good luck :)
B1rd
You don't have to get good straight away, you just have to realise that AR is largely irrelevant for progression until you get to AR9 and AR10.
Topic Starter
Shoy

Dagresha wrote:

reading ar is a very minor part of the game, your problem most likely lies in that you are just new

keep playing whatever songs you enjoy. you can try playing harder maps with higher ar, but i'd recommend aiming for accuracy of 80% and above if you're training (anything lower is a little too keyboard spammy and could create bad habits). also feel free to turn on nofail mod!

good luck :)

Thanks Dagresha. ^^'

I just started playing with a tab, so I take the opportunity to come back on low OD beatmaps the time to get fine with it.

It will be the chance to start playing in HD too and surely improve about reading, step by step. ^_^
Jun Maeda
I can read only AR:7 and AR:8 cuz i using mouse xd
KupcaH

iSlodinx wrote:

I can read only AR:7 and AR:8 cuz i using mouse xd
No, it's cuz you suck xd