- Might be worth cutting the start of the mp3. It takes up a bit of file space and I doubt many ppl are interested in listening to the lead in.
- 02:28:950 (1) - I don't really get the point in colour haxing to be quite honest (for the lower diffs at least). You only used 2 combo colours for the easy. The only time you used a third colour for the normal was for 02:28:950 (1) which was somewhat irrelevant as they were many places that had 1/3 reverse sliders so I don't see what meaningful purpose it servers. I would just cut out the other 2 colours if I were you
- It's deemed unrankable to silence both the slider slide and sliderticks (by adjusting the volume of the timing points like you did in the beginning) at the same time
- In the beginning you have a lot of varying combo lengths and I couldn't spot a real reason for it looking at your patterns. I would suggestion having all your combos throughout the map 1 every 2 measures
- 01:05:226 (2) - Because of the beats you follow with the slider nodes it would much easier to follow if you mapped the beat 01:06:307 rather than the 2 adjacent blue ticks as this is far more predominant. You could use this https://i.imgur.com/Mi2G6VG.png or if you really don't like breaking polarity with circles as most mappers don't you could try this https://i.imgur.com/Acbmqux.png
- I'm just going to throw my suggestion for the rhythm in the very beginning of the song https://i.imgur.com/79SFRvU.png . The blue ticks (where the reverse lands on) are more predominant. This new suggestion also avoids long sliders as well as having a break between objects making it much more beginner friendly
No kds, I'll come back and mod the other diffs at a later time
- Rhythm suggestion for beginning https://i.imgur.com/qqU2tDJ.png Same reasons as the easy diff + I think it's more fitting to the song
- 01:58:950 - ok so there are 2 timing points here, looks intentional for hitsounding reasons but is the volume setting intentional too? It's lower here than the first 2 sliders 01:57:075 (2,3)
- 02:28:950 (1) -
- 02:15:356 (2,3,4,5) - Try not to have patterns like this. When you have circles (4) that go behind the slider you followed (2) it can make it very hard to read. Something like this would eliminate that https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9224657 but of course many other patterns would do.
The difficulties that are mapped by me (so not sdafsf's and mithew's Extra) are all built around the same concept. This concept being that the map goes from left to right to left to right to ... you get it. Combo colours also follow this system, red colours go from left to right, blue combo colours go from right to left. While I tried to keep its impact very minimal and made sure to keep things consistent, this concept does affect rhythm in a few places. Some arranges might look like they're not optimal, colour haxing might seem weird, maybe you don't like the amount of horizontality this causes, etc etc, it's all a result of this left-right concept. While you're free to point out and suggest anything, in some places I might use the concept as a way to explain my choices.ok so several things. It wouldn't be needed to keep the other 2 colours for the other diffs and apply them in places such as 02:28:950 (1,2) in the normal for example; it breaks your very concept.
But to be quite honest this concept doesn't really have a real purpose to it or function. This is especially true in the lower diffs where it wouldn't matter at all. A lot of concepts are set down to serve a purpose eg Hollow wing's Deconstruction Star had circles place horizontally and perfectly vertical sliders to have direct impact on gameplay by dictating their cursor movement, or a map I made quite recently https://osu.ppy.sh/s/630109 where I made the combo colours reflect the speed of the different SV speeds I used in the map. In this concept I don't think many people would have guessed your intentions behind it and the varying NCs skews up the hp drain throughout the map. With all this said I don't think it's unrankable as such but I would recommend against having it in your lower difficulties because of the hp reason and I believe difficulties made for beginners should avoid patterns and concepts that can cause unfavourable gameplay.
Further more into your concept when you have 2 sets of pairs it messes up your image when you mix them together in patterns like 01:23:325 (1,2,3,1,2,3) (Another difficulty) . I can see that you used a different combo colour because wanted to keep distinctive combo lengths without using the same colour in the pair since you aren't changing direction but just doesn't blend well if you have that same combo colour be one of your primary colours in another section. I would recommend using adopting a 5th colour, or just having 1 pair of colours and extra colour to map your triplet patterns.
It comes off as (illogical...?) to have your Insane + Another diff go about the concept differently than the other diffs. You have 4 colours in the insane and another alternating between sections, but don't do the same for the other diffs (apart from that one instance in normal). Also you have patterns such as 01:42:388 (2) - which don't adopt your concept despite going in different directions xd
As explained before, I don't really like skipping too many sounds in a quiet section like this. The reverses also make it rather difficult to introduce the left-right concept; the way it's currently laid out makes it much clearer than a reverse ever could. The rhythm is interesting and fitting though, it'll just have a hard time fitting into this place in the map.Well you've prioritising play-ability over your concept here. This is one thing I firmly believe is that the lowest difficult should as simple as possible to appease those new to the game. Playing continuous sliders with no gaps bigger than 1/1 is a lot harder than you think. You need to actively click down and follow where as you wouldn't in a pause. I don't see how the rhythm could be more interesting as the one I pointed out; mine has 2 circles and a reverse slider where as yours consists of 3/2 + 1/2 sldiers, I don't see how that would be objectively more interesting. Also you talked about how you didn't like skipping too many sounds yet you skipped out on the biggest one at 00:59:280
- 01:00:902 (1) - Not only do I not remember hearing this finish when modding the lower difficulties it sounds incredibly out of place. There isn't anything in the music that supports a finish. Remove it and replace it with a whistle, feels like you just added this just because it's a downbeat. This goes for 01:03:064 (1) - as well
- 01:07:388 (1) - Can you give me your reasons as to why you chose to emphasise this object with so much spacing but didn't do the same for 01:09:263 (1) - and 01:11:138 (1) - etc
So there are a few more things I would have pointed out but I'm just going to wait until more people of the mentorship program mod this so I can see their point of view first
- 01:00:902 (1) - Same as hard
- 01:14:888 (1) - I don't see why the SV of this section has to be lower than 01:29:888 (1) when it's not THAT much different, most ppl would even see it as just a repeated section