osu!sync - sync all your Beatmaps between multiple PC's

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HorizonCode
Introducing osu!sync

URL: https://osusync.neko.rip

osu!sync is a tool to sync all your Beatmaps between multiple PC's
Imagine: Your PC is fucked up, and you had a ton of Beatmaps, and dont want to download them one by one
just sync your BeatMaps to the osu!sync Cloud and you are ready to go to sync them onto your new System

Download
Download is on the page when you logged in

Ender Lain
hmm....is it safe?

*no viruses in installer
Topic Starter
HorizonCode

Izect Ztenz wrote:

hmm....is it safe?

if this project is being to be a bigger thing in the future i make it opensource
if you dont trust it, dont use it
Blankz_
how does this work? would I be able to send my maps to my friend?
Topic Starter
HorizonCode

Blankz_ wrote:

this is just a "backup" tool to get back all your beatmaps if you had a fresh installation of osu, but i can add a beatmaps to ID feature
Kondou-Shinichi
you can also just download all ranked beatmap and backup your non-submitted and unranked beatmaps
Blankz_

HorizonCode wrote:

Blankz_ wrote:

this is just a "backup" tool to get back all your beatmaps if you had a fresh installation of osu, but i can add a beatmaps to ID feature

what is beatmap-list? a txt file with bitmap id strings or?
Topic Starter
HorizonCode

Blankz_ wrote:

HorizonCode wrote:

Blankz_ wrote:

what is beatmap-list? a txt file with bitmap id strings or?

its like a code you get when you share your beatmaps and with this code your friends can download the scanned beatmaps from this code, i think i add that in the future
Blankz_

HorizonCode wrote:

its like a code you get when you share your beatmaps and with this code your friends can download the scanned beatmaps from this code, i think i add that in the future

If you do i will love you forever. This open source / on github? Interested on reading more into beatmap-list.
fffffffffffffxD
Supporting the idea! really cool ^^ already downloading it
Topic Starter
HorizonCode

fffffffffffffxD wrote:

Supporting the idea! really cool ^^ already downloading it

Blankz_
My pc died. time to test this baby

Will post results. I only had around 50k beatmaps.

update: @HorizonCode
I have my osu folder on my E:/ drive. After every song is downloaded I have to select my osu folder manually. I have at least 13k songs to dl. You should have people link their osu folder in an options menu or before syncing and save the variable.
Topic Starter
HorizonCode

Blankz_ wrote:

My pc died. time to test this baby

Will post results. I only had around 50k beatmaps.

update: @HorizonCode
I have my osu folder on my E:/ drive. After every song is downloaded I have to select my osu folder manually. I have at least 13k songs to dl. You should have people link their osu folder in an options menu or before syncing and save the variable.

sure, gonna add that, thanks :D

Edit: @Blankz_ added it as you asked for, should be live on the site in few minutes

2.Edit: The 0.2 Update is now live!
3.Edit: Found a weired getenv bug, will be hotfixed now.
4.Edit: hotfix 0.21 online!
Blankz_
I did some testing. the old version does work however the newer version will open for a second and immediately close. I've added you on discord (Omen#8903) if you want me to send you an error log or have any ideas about the cause.
Im running the latest version of 64bit java.
bandit
can anyone share their osusync packs? i need some so i can get more maps.
Mempler
It maybe doesn't make sense, but Every big project is make by German people..
Like Tillerino, or This project, or im Wrong?
Blankz_
There are a few German devs but not every big project is by them.
Flipblade
By any chance could you use OAuth for signups and logins. It is safer for you and your users as they don't need to make reuse a password for logins and you don't need to store peoples passwords.

It looks great!

-Flipblade
Blankz_

Flipblade wrote:

By any chance could you use OAuth for signups and logins. It is safer for you and your users as they don't need to make reuse a password for logins and you don't need to store peoples passwords.

It looks great!

-Flipblade

I second this @horizoncode
Leozinho
I created the account, but I did not receive the password through the email. What do I do?
nanamochi-

Leozinho wrote:

I created the account, but I did not receive the password through the email. What do I do?
Same
Topic Starter
HorizonCode

Hoshinomori wrote:

Leozinho wrote:

Same

Leozinho wrote:

try to use gmail
Loada3

HorizonCode wrote:

Hoshinomori wrote:

Leozinho wrote:

Same

Leozinho wrote:

try to use gmail

Didn't work with Gmail too
moorv1
I know this is late but when I try to login in the app, I got a login error, even though I used the credencials I used in either the osu!sync site and my osu! account
bricky
osusync host has error :(
djisnotokay
when the link doesn't work...
MilkandCherries
link's broken
samuelkwijaya
The link is broken :/