forum

How Many Attempts Trying To FC Before You Take A Break?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Manfred
I've been trying to FC cYsmix feat. Emmy - Tear Rain [Insane] with DT (HD too hard for the complexity of this map for me) for the last 2 days, ended up getting it on my most played maps at 87, only going to rise further. The question is in a play session or in a day how many times to you attempt to FC a specific map before you call it quits and stop trying for a while, or quit that session of osu to give your brain a break.

I notice that after a while I just get mindblocked and can't get past the first section anymore, other times it takes a lot longer to get to that point. Or do you do the hidden third option and play it until you FC it no matter what. Personally I could not spend 2 hours trying to FC something at this level of play, I understand high level plays worth 300 pp but this small time play isn't worth pulling my hair out. Best attempt so far is 719/1091 with a poor 97.18% accuracy because this shit is tough on me.

I've almost saved up enough money to buy my own suicide booth now.
Kondou-Shinichi
Around 5
ManuelOsuPlayer
Faye

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

Around 5
autoteleology
Pshhhh, I did that on my first try. No joke.

I can sometimes play maps a hundred times before I give up.

Get better and you won't have to try so many times.
Kyrari
1 hour minimum before deciding I should continue trying or not, 2-3 max for a day and I'll just retry the next day
7ambda
winners never quit
pkhg
i spammed some of my highest top ranks for 1~2 hours
N0thingSpecial
Within 10

Unless I just like the song so much I play it 400 times
Endaris
FCing is boring.
pkhg
fcing is subjetive
Topic Starter
Manfred

F1r3tar wrote:

winners never quit
Well I'm a fucking wiener because I quit all the time.

Philosofikal wrote:

Pshhhh, I did that on my first try. No joke.

I can sometimes play maps a hundred times before I give up.

Get better and you won't have to try so many times.
Grats 22k, I'll try and take your advice.
KriPy
One unless i really like the map, in wich case i retry 3-5 times

Endaris wrote:

FCing is boring.
Luqanted
depends
KupcaH
From 1 to over nine thousand

Usually about ten tries, then I start to get mindblock in beginning of map and get tilted, so I have to move on next map.
Thirty30
up to like 20-30 if i choke, then i usually either run out of time or go choke a different map
vinnicci
SlowLogicBoy
Sight reading or nothing, I rarely retry.
Endie-
10 retries max usually
Unless it's a map I've really set my eyes on, then I could go on for about an hour
Ideal
if i really want to get a score on a map i can do over 300 in one sitting lmao
Kayy
1, unless I miss really early on. I get bored playing the same map twice in a row.
Topic Starter
Manfred

Kajiin wrote:

1, unless I miss really early on. I get bored playing the same map twice in a row.
Glad to see it's not just me but really most of everyone. Once I fuckup 10 times on the easiest shit at the beginning of the song because I start to get pretty tilted.
No wonder I can't FC anything, last FC was a month ago I think, on a 4.2* map.

ITotallyGetThat
mulraf
usually around 5. ocassionally up to like 20 if it's something like a short song or i fail at the beginning oftenly.