forum

osu "normal" progress

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nit0ri
Im new to osu! (1 month and 1 week)and i was wondering if my progression was normal or too slow.
So i got a total of around 5 000 playcount and im doing map around 4.5 star with good note and sometime in hidden as well, but someone told me that after one moth im supposed to clear 5 star map. is my prgress okay?

i was also wondering if its okay if im always playing alternate
tanks and sorry for my bad english :)
Topic Starter
Nit0ri
also i dont know if i should drag or hover the tablet, actually im dragging but sometime i go too far from the tablet and my pen stop working :(
kriers
Welcome to osu!. Please refer to t/99612&start=0 to learn and improve faster. Don't forget to revisit it regularly because this was made by years of experience from dedicated players who all wished they could have had the same advice when they first started.

Also don't ever make two posts in a row. Edit your first post instead.
Topic Starter
Nit0ri

kriers wrote:

Welcome to osu!. Please refer to t/99612&start=0 to learn and improve faster. Don't forget to revisit it regularly because this was made by years of experience from dedicated players who all wished they could have had the same advice when they first started.

Also don't ever make two posts in a row. Edit your first post instead.
thanks ;) , and yeah sorry im new i didn't notice i can do that :/

But it doesn't really answer my question..
PriestRSC
plz enjoy ga-

yohan43 wrote:

So i got a total of around 5 000 playcount
In 1 month?! Welp... seems like you're enjoying the game fine.

So I'll go through one at a time I guess.

yohan43 wrote:

but someone told me that after one moth im supposed to clear 5 star map
This is very subjective. First of all, not all five star maps are the same difficulty. This for example would be considered a very difficult 5* map. I don't remember my progress, so I can't really give an accurate representation. 5* maps weren't comfortable for me however until I was FC'ing 4.5* maps, but I'll get to that later.

yohan43 wrote:

is my prgress okay?

Don't worry about this. Gathering people's opinions on your ability to play should be very low on your priority list in my opinion. Like I said earlier "plz enjoy game". You've played quite a bit for a month (compared to me at least), so I would definitely agree that you're enjoying the game. But really, I was so obsessed with improving my aim, speed, finger control, etc that I got burnt out and started playing really bad. I'm back to just playing and having fun and I'm playing better than I ever have (not saying much).

yohan43 wrote:

also i dont know if i should drag or hover the tablet, actually im dragging but sometime i go too far from the tablet and my pen stop working :(
This is all preference. Some people use a mix of both, some people exclusively hover, some people exclusively drag, etc. If you find yourself going too far, either try making your area bigger (AND STICK WITH IT!!!) or just play with the area you have now and you will get used to it. It just takes time :)

Now, on to the subjective bit. Your accuracy is very low, but I think most people start out this way. Focus on playing maps that you can FC consistently with 95+ accuracy. Focus on getting your accuracy up over time. Do not grind for SS's unless you really want the rank for some reason.

Now the very very subjective bit: DO NOT SPAM THE SAME MAPS OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I like to play with a very big mappool and play whatever I can. If I don't FC in 2 or 3 tries, I just stop trying and play something else. Playing music you like will help with this, but you don't have to take my advice on any of this.

You should also spend time doing what you're doing and pushing your limits. Seeing what you can pass/combo/etc will let you see your progress in ways other than going for FCs.

Anyways, these are my two cents. This is written messily but... that's okay.
Topic Starter
Nit0ri
thanks a lot ;), my accuracy is really low because im doing 5*-6* map in nf for training, but ill do map i can reach 95 :)
N0thingSpecial
Everyone suck so it's fine
SlowLogicBoy
5* after a month of play?

Dude after a month I barely could pass 3.5* maps -.-
~5 months I could play 4* songs, and just now started playing 5* maps -.-

Well, now that I looked, you have already half of my "Played count" maybe if I would play as much as you do...
Faye

SlowLogicBoy wrote:

5* after a month of play?

Dude after a month I barely could pass 3.5* maps -.-
~5 months I could play 4* songs, and just now started playing 5* maps -.-

Well, now that I looked, you have already half of my "Played count" maybe if I would play as much as you do...
Play count > Time played
In most cases this is true.
A more accurate depiction would be
Play count + Low time played > Play count + Long time played
If you play a lot for a short amount of time you will acquire and retain necessary skills faster (though that may not help if you don't keep up the rigorous playing for a long time)
Thirty30
work at your own pace
Endie-
Play and don't care too much. I've come over a lot of other players with the exact same worries as you, so you're not alone on that point.
Just remember to enjoy the game for what it is - a circle clicking rythm game, and you'll turn out just fine ;)
worst fl player
Play what you want to play, not what everyone else plays
autoteleology
Normal progress is for normal people. Have you ever met a normal person? I sure haven't.

https://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Weird ... 042889.jpg

Focus on enjoying your own personal osu! journey. Try not to hate yourself when it gets really hard and you'll be ahead of the curve.
realy0_
play maps that you are sure to complete to pratice then play maps that you're sure to full combo it. that's the way i progress in 1 month of playing.
Skidayo
there is no normal progress in this game.
alternating is very good. except that it's for weak man
Xayah_DELETED
I started playing with 2 buddies around the end of April/start of May, just to play random multi's with chill songs. However I got insanely obsessed whenever I saw that I gained any form of Ranks/Acc improvements, so I kept playing while the others just went off. I accrued quite alot of hours and playcount in a short time and improved drastically.

Maybe I was lucky but at the time I hit my first brick wall around high 3* Maps (I only ever go for FC's and they have to be 97-98+, 1x Miss only count near the end), it put a little dent in my motivation, but a few buddies who I thought were gods (20-30k players) just told me to keep playing the maps im comfortable at and take breaks up to a week.

After each break I came back stronger, having instant "skilljumps" and easily FC'ing the maps I found fun yet struggled with.
Currently I'm again at the point of just playing what I like, not to gain any ranks as it's becoming increasingly stressful (and I really want a mechanical keyboard).

I play a mix of Alternating and Singletapping, Hover and the only thing I'm good at is jumps lol. Need to train Stamina and Streams, rip fingers.
Having alot of fun with technical maps though, but they're in the 4* range to improve my reading and finger control.

Wish you the best of luck my friend, hope this could give you another perspective.
Velura
I strongly encourage you not to care too much about what other people think is "normal". I cant stream as well as other players around my rank, does it matter to me though? Not really, I improve at my own pace (all the while trying to have FUN, which is most important). If after a month of play you can't play 5 star maps, who cares besides some elitist people?
Seno Ran
among us
N0thingSpecial
Don’t necro old threads
worst fl player

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Don’t necro old threads
Vuelo Eluko
tbh when i see kriers post i thought this necro was a lot lot older than one year lol
surprising to see he was posting that recently