forum

Birdy - Wings

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Alvieee
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 30. září 2017 at 19:03:52

Artist: Birdy
Title: Wings
BPM: 83,23
Filesize: 6950kb
Play Time: 04:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (2,52 stars, 380 notes)
  2. Normal (1,99 stars, 342 notes)
Download: Birdy - Wings
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
trrrtrr
SnowTheme
Hello there i just saw your request and thought i just play your Map. But first i should say i am not experienced in Modding and your Map is quality vice on a high level, at least thats what i think! :)

I played both Normal and Hard and i must admit both are realy easy because of the song speed but thats not my point i just wanted to say that.^^

Normal:
I think Normal is pretty clean nothing i can see but that might be because i dont have the eye for it. I am just wondering why you used Beats on the same Spot twice ( Like this 02:53:489 (3) - in Normal but not on your Hard Map)

Hard
You didnt asked for it but i just wanted to say something to it.
pretty good mapping in my opinion its clearly visible that you used triangles alot. Thats why i was wondering if its intended to "missplace?" some Beats..
I found some spots that i think you could adjust the Beat in Triangle shape so it fits your mapstyle more but thats just because i think thats what you intended.
01:13:645 - 01:37:074 (5) - 01:48:249 (4) - 01:54:016 (4) - These are spots i found but after 2:00 there are more spots where the Beat isnt correct in perfect triangle shape, i hope you understand what i wanted to point out! ^^

Anyways good Map, i wish you good luck :)
HardNeper
Hey from #modreqs !

Normal
Overall, this map is really nice, but i feel like a lower slider velocity would makes more sense considering the slow pace of the song, especially during kiai time. Also, since you have no easy difficulty (yet?), you must consider beginners, such velocity can be pretty hard to follow for them.

01:37:074 (7) - This circle break time-distance equality, i see you intended to because your did the same here 04:01:254 (7). But it can be confusing and misread as a 1/4 beat.

Hard
Now the high slider velocity makes sense ;)

In the first sections, you could emphasize the bass by stacking 2 circles on the of each others, just like here 03:02:140 (1) and in your Normal diff, i really liked the idea

02:10:236 (1) - 02:16:003 (1) - 03:02:140 (1) - 03:13:675 (1) - I think there is a lot of overdone jumps for an Hard difficulty, even if the song is slow, these kind of combos are more often found on Insane. 01:12:564 (1) - More regular combos with smaller jump like this one fits much better imo

02:28:258 (3) - That's a big jump

This map is very well done too, but if i never played insane maps before, i would be pretty bad at those jumps :oops:

I hope this is helpful for you and good work :D
Topic Starter
Alvieee

SnowTheme wrote:

Hello there i just saw your request and thought i just play your Map. But first i should say i am not experienced in Modding and your Map is quality vice on a high level, at least thats what i think! :)

I played both Normal and Hard and i must admit both are realy easy because of the song speed but thats not my point i just wanted to say that.^^

Normal:
I think Normal is pretty clean nothing i can see but that might be because i dont have the eye for it. I am just wondering why you used Beats on the same Spot twice ( Like this 02:53:489 (3) because it's Normal diff there are not supposed to be many jumps - in Normal but not on your Hard Map)

Hard
You didnt asked for it but i just wanted to say something to it.
pretty good mapping in my opinion its clearly visible that you used triangles alot. Thats why i was wondering if its intended to "missplace?" some Beats..
I found some spots that i think you could adjust the Beat in Triangle shape so it fits your mapstyle more but thats just because i think thats what you intended.
01:13:645 - 01:37:074 (5) - 01:48:249 (4) - 01:54:016 (4) - These are spots i found but after 2:00 there are more spots where the Beat isnt correct in perfect triangle shape, i hope you understand what i wanted to point out! ^^ i will fix some of these

Anyways good Map, i wish you good luck :)
Thanks for your little mod :)
Topic Starter
Alvieee

HardNeper wrote:

Hey from #modreqs !

Normal
Overall, this map is really nice, but i feel like a lower slider velocity would makes more sense considering the slow pace of the song, especially during kiai time. Also, since you have no easy difficulty (yet?), you must consider beginners, such velocity can be pretty hard to follow for them. I did lower it from 2 to 1.7

01:37:074 (7) - This circle break time-distance equality, i see you intended to because your did the same here 04:01:254 (7). But it can be confusing and misread as a 1/4 beat. fixed

Hard
Now the high slider velocity makes sense ;)

In the first sections, you could emphasize the bass by stacking 2 circles on the of each others, just like here 03:02:140 (1) and in your Normal diff, i really liked the idea ok

02:10:236 (1) - 02:16:003 (1) - 03:02:140 (1) - 03:13:675 (1) - I think there is a lot of overdone jumps for an Hard difficulty, even if the song is slow, these kind of combos are more often found on Insane. 01:12:564 (1) - More regular combos with smaller jump like this one fits much better imo i will make them kinda smaller

02:28:258 (3) - That's a big jump fixed

This map is very well done too, but if i never played insane maps before, i would be pretty bad at those jumps :oops:

I hope this is helpful for you and good work :D
Thanks for your mod
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.