forum

Official Beatmapping Contest #1

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Echo
Even if we have five, I guess a few backups would be nice in case anyone pulls out

James you're on the backup judge list :D
Topic Starter
Echo
OK, we have our set of judges decided! Competition starts in 48 hours~
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ash
Could I be a judge? I'm not a BAT... but I think I have enough experience to accurately rate the qualities of a beatmap.

It didn't say "u must be a BAT to judge lolol", so I'm giving it a shot. :D
Saturos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ash
oh i missed that

argh; can I be a late judge or something? :(
Topic Starter
Echo
Sorry Ash... I think 6 judges are more than enough, and it looks like the turnout might not be that great anyway :/
ash
To be totally frank, wouldn't it be better to have an odd number of judges?

But okay. How you're currently expressing it feels like it's already abysmal. How wonderful. :cry:
silasw
Is it just me, or is the mp3 kind of low quality?

EDIT: For Sakura Sake.
Topic Starter
Echo
I made them 128kbps to keep the size down, since they're both upppy'd. But yeah, it's not just you :P
machol30
Why didn't I notice this before?? I wanted to judge, but too late, I guess. :|
Yuukari-Banteki
^^ this sounds really fun~ if I unban in time, I'll definitely enter :D
mtmcl
eee
I will win this, oh yes, I will win this
awp

Echo wrote:

I made them 128kbps to keep the size down, since they're both upppy'd. But yeah, it's not just you :P
Ouch, brother.

Anyhow I've taken a liking to Every Day's a Saturday so those judges better not flake on me.
James
so how many people actually joined? :D
m980
That would ruin the competition James..

I'm entering.. Need to see how my Non-Authentic Beatmapping compares to other people..

No I haven't submitted yet.
Gemi
Listened to the songs and ditched my plans on taking part. I don't like either. Have fun guys!
Card N'FoRcE
Sorry, but i don't like the songs, so I'll not take part in this...
(I'm busy with two maps to half storyboard now)

Anyway I'm curious about the whole thing :D
Good luck to all of you.
Ekaru
I like the songs. I'm taking part in this.

Good luck to everyone else!
TiZ
This looks interesting. Unfortunately, I can't join in yet, so I'll probably sit this one out.

I'm a slow mapper anyways.

Why isn't Hito all over this bitch? Did she disappear too?
awp
Saturos
/me judges contest maps.

Hmmm, I wonder which map is Hito's? Oh, I know, the spinner clusterfuck!
awp
brb adding notes in the center of the map 0.25s after a spinner and copypasta'ing that to the nth degree
Egg1991
When I entered my map it briefly showed a page with only "file too large, must be between 0kb and 30kb" before redirecting my back to the entry page and saying it was uploaded successfully. Was this bad? I just want to make sure...
Topic Starter
Echo

minyeob
Backgrounded beatmap is more profitable than None- Backgrounded beatmap?

I don't want to insert image....
Ekaru
It's .osu only, so you can't even upload an image, just the beatmap, so don't worry. ;)
Topic Starter
Echo
There's something in one of the menus that will help you (sorry, can't be any less cryptic than that)
Pokebis
Oops, I blew my anonymity in two of my submissions. I accidentally wrote my username in the additional comment section... Just pretend you don't know which one is mine, guiz. Especially you peppy.
Topic Starter
Echo
Saturio
[quote="Saturos"]No worse than I will be. Now I get an opportunity to bitch at maps that I don't like placement in general, rather than just spacing errors, since this is an anonymous competition rather than 'baaaawwww, it's my style of mapping!'. I hate placements on most maps, so this should be fun. <3[/quote]
Shit!!!!Daahjut,d3RGd.Xads,kobesaie,dumdum!!!!!XZD!!XD"
lukewarmholiday
It's now Wednsday and I still can't think of anything :(
YoshiKart
Topic Starter
Echo
OK, we have decided to extend closing date to 0000 hours Sunday 12th October, giving you an extra week to pull something out of your hat.
GladiOol
I'm haven't really signed up, or what so ever (or watched etc.) such like these competitions before.
(Stupid questions up ahead! xD)
But I would like to join this, but how to upload anonymous? Just upload the map in game or post in forums?
(I'm sorry if I'm misunderstood in the beginning, I'm not that good with English some times :P )
Topic Starter
Echo
Just click the link in the first post, and upload from that form. It'll make it anonymous for you ;)
ash
So, wait; you can only upload .osu files? That means storyboarding is not at all allowed in this contest? It would seem there's no other way to enter a storyboard without losing anonymity.
Topic Starter
Echo

Echo wrote:

There's something in one of the menus that will help you (sorry, can't be any less cryptic than that)
+ a comment box when submitting
YoshiKart
Is the prize an insta-rank? :P

A couple questions:

What percent of the song would you suggest as the total play time?

Do you generally allow short breaks?

What kind of maximum score are you looking for on Normal and Hard? About a mil and 2 mil respectively?

I'm guessing that's pretty much at my own judgment, since judges shouldn't give suggestions. :? :)
show more