forum

[Archived] osu! losing collections, replay files etc.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
stalkyh
Problem Details:
1. Sometimes, when I open osu!, the game says that the local beatmap database seems corrupt. When I open osu! after this, I have to reprocess all of the beatmaps and there is around 50% chance that I lose my collections as well. This is completely random and sometimes there is like 4 months time period when this doesn't happen at all. But then there might be a time period when this happens once in a month.

2. Another thing that just happened today is that my game completely crashed my computer and then I lost my collections, had to reprocess all of the beatmaps, settings went back to default, and I also lost all my replay files.

I also checked my hard drive condition and it should be completely fine. (WD Blue 1tb) All other games work fluently without any problems. I am only having problems with osu.
And in case Dntm8kmeeatu asks.. The game is NOT in the temp folder, and no, I don't switch between stable and fallback versions.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: http://imgur.com/a/6hPqw

EDIT: Is it possible to save collections somewhere else?

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Death
Try deleting any maps at the top or bottom of your song list without an data.

After that, close osu! and navigate to your installation folder. Inside there you most likely have a bunch of osu!.db.###########.bak files, along with a single osu!.db file. Move the osu!.db file out of the folder and you can either stop there, or rename osu!.db.##############.bak to osu!.db and set it to read-only.

Once you reopen it will ask you to reprocess your beatmaps one more time. This should help prevent the reprocessing problem from happening constantly.
Topic Starter
stalkyh
Will try that out, thanks :)
Pawsu
Let us know if this works or not so I can mark as resolved