forum

That Nightcore Skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ziin
People seem to love using this skin for nightcore maps even though the traditional version features an unrankable spinner, bad borders on hitbursts, and a life bar that obviously loops. Well I fixed all that and compressed it so that the hordes of new nightcore maps which are bound to make us all download this skin again and again because got knows why at least take a few hundred kilobytes off the download time.

Questions and Answers

Is this a full skin?
  • No. It's an osu! standard skin only, and does not include spinner hints or combobursts.
Do I need permission to use this skin?
  • No. While I edited most of these images, they were made by daru (in his "hikari" skin), ztrot, and probably someone else and have been overused so much that they should be public domain by now.
How do I use this skin?
  • 2 ways: You can force everyone to download it when you make your nightcore map by sticking it in the folder. Make sure you only copy the files you want. This will make everyone play the map with exactly those images. If you copy the images into the beatmap, include the line:
    SliderBorder:255,255,255
    under [colours] in each osu file, and don't copy the skin.ini which is included.

The other option is link this thread in the original post and choose "That Nightcore Skin" under preferred skin. This way you don't force your will on others like a slave driver, and anyone who wants to can customize the skin for their personal use. As a bonus, your map will be 770 kB smaller!
What was so wrong with the other skin that made you do this?
  • The spinner was wobbly, and was 767x767. The background was 1024x768 (max is theoretically 1024x722). The g and k hitbursts had an orange/yellow/green/white halo around them which was ugly. The scorebar had a minor inconsistency in it as well which made it obvious where the loop started/ended.
So there you have it. Enjoy.
http://up.ppy.sh/files/thatnightcoreskin.zip
Screenshots, as if you hadn't seen this a million times before

Anyone else notice her arms are really long?
those
How nice. Thanks for putting it together.
Raging Bull

ziin wrote:

Well I fixed all that and compressed it so that the hordes of new nightcore maps which are bound to make us all download this sking again and again because got knows why at least take a few hundred kilobytes off the download time.

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/165666

D:

Also I never noticed it. Freaked me out lol.
Xiao_old
This skin makes me sad.

I'm sure all the nightcore players will appreciate it.
Firo Prochainezo
Chapter 1: hurranime girl anatomy.
Newako_old
thanks a lot! I've been looking for it!
amnesia-
Finally!
I have been looking forward to this !
xAshurix
Aww! Thanks! Awesome -u-
SimonDiamond
Yes