forum

Thoughts on the Community? Don't Hate me pliss :^)

posted
Total Posts
show more
autoteleology
But seriously though, you should just play for yourself. Find what moves you and do it. Don't listen to anyone else. There are no wrong reasons to play, but there is a wrong way to spend your life, and that's wasting it by doing something you feel pressured to do but don't truly enjoy.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2002-03-08
Topic Starter
Aidoru

Philosofikal wrote:

But seriously though, you should just play for yourself. Find what moves you and do it. Don't listen to anyone else. There are no wrong reasons to play, but there is a wrong way to spend your life, and that's wasting it by doing something you feel pressured to do but don't truly enjoy.
Well that was Philosofikal :^)
N0thingSpecial
Thought's on the community? the community is better than majority of other gaming community, instead of hating each other we just hate ourselves

as for the toxicity it's probably their insecurity speaking, just like how I tell everyone I know that they're shit, including you OP, but bare in mind I will always be shittier than you :^)
Trust

Aidoru wrote:

Well that's just the feeling I get while talking to ppl in the public or the multiplayer chat. Just my oppinion, that's why I asked for yours^^

I did get shit talked by randoms in the past tho' for not enjoying a mapping style that they like. For example "0108" style beatmaps.
It kinda got common that ones oppinion is the only one valid enough to be considered lmfao
It's not unusual for you to have different tastes in maps than the people you in multiplayer lobbies. It's just in the nature of competition for someone to choose a map a with unique style (like 0108 as you mentioned), or a map full of gimmicks, either of which will generally fair on the excessively challenging side. They're just testing their limits and trying to gauge how they compare to others... usually for the ego boost.

I wouldn't base your thoughts on the community on what you experience in multiplayer. A handful of players in a multi lobby is by no means a good representation of the community.
-Makishima S-
I always laugh in random multi when 60-70k tv-size spammers call me bad because I simply don't play this "jump garbage shit". From other side when I put a 10 min map, most of them quit.

If there are maps at what you are good, keep it, simply enjoy maps what you like.
If they have problem with it - show them middle finger and juicy "wank wank wank dicks dicks dicks" (peppy tm)

Besides - community in single player game LUL

There is no point in speaking of community here, you meet them on your own choice.
Faye
Yeah, every competitive community is toxic - that's just human nature tho.
But in saying that, there are cool people out there in this place.
Just avoid the cunts as much as you can I guess.
More importantly, have fun with the game - it's a meme at this point with how much it is repeated.
But meme or no, the phrase 'plz enjoy game' has some merit to it.
autoteleology

Aidoru wrote:

Philosofikal wrote:

Well that was Philosofikal :^)
Well, I'm glad not to disappoint.

Risa
If u didn't exaggerate and those friends of yours aren't joking around then u're just unlucky that u have been interacting with the trash of the community
ManuelOsuPlayer

Lyawi wrote:

Just don't care. I like our community and there are always some idiots, in each community! Maybe think about to ignore them by putting their name in the ignore list which you can find in your options.
Yeah. This is probably one of the most non toxic community on the online games nowdays.
If you think this is toxic you better don't play other games.
I think this comunity it's really good. But retards are everywhere.
Btw report them. This community it's good because it's people working on banning toxic players. And also users work on report them. If non toxic players don't care or are afraid about report them, this will be a fucking shit where everyone call you idiot without know you or pay their frustrations with randoms at internet. Like are the most popular games comunities right now.
Kondou-Shinichi

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Lyawi wrote:

Just don't care. I like our community and there are always some idiots, in each community! Maybe think about to ignore them by putting their name in the ignore list which you can find in your options.
Yeah. This is probably one of the most non toxic community on the online games nowdays.
Btw report them. This community it's good because it's people working on banning toxic players. And also users work on report them. If non toxic players don't care or are afraid about report them, this will be a fucking shit where everyone call you idiot without know you or pay their frustrations with randoms at internet. Like are the most popular games comunities right now.
you don't use report on toxic people lmao
KupcaH

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

But retards are everywhere.
Indeed. :^)
N0thingSpecial

KupcaH wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

But retards are everywhere.
Indeed. :^)
This guy is retards
Ephemeral

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Lyawi wrote:

you don't use report on toxic people lmao

Yes, you do.

Celine
I don't find the forum enjoyable at all, but the osu community in general is quite cool
Faye

BWSnoob wrote:

I don't find the forum enjoyable at all, but the osu community in general is quite cool
Depends where you look in the forum.
I find that the newer additions in G&R as well as the introduction topics to be the friendliest.
Not much conversation, but at least pleasantries are common there.
mulraf
weeb game cringe community

seriously i think we have it pretty good with the osu!community. sure, there are some strange fellows ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), but all in all most people are friendly and helpfull. i found some people i don't know just sending messages or spectating or something and trying to be friends. and no, i'm not top 10 global in any mode. when you ask in the help forums there's always somebody who responds within like a maximum of 30 minutes, trying to help out. when you're a mapper there's tons of people who will help you out without getting a benefit (also as for modding they're taking their time instead of just giving you like 3 or 4 points to improve on to take their kudosu quickly). you don't usually have people in mp that randomly start swearing or stuff (unless it's for fun). idk, all in all not so bad imho. "pls enjoy game" is still more popular as a slogan than hating on what maps you like :3
autoteleology
I've played this game 600 hours and I haven't been told to kill myself or drink bleach yet, so I think that squarely puts the community at significantly above average in my experience.

Play CS:GO and I literally guarantee one of those things happening... per match.
N0thingSpecial

Philosofikal wrote:

I've played this game 600 hours and I haven't been told to kill myself or drink bleach yet, so I think that squarely puts the community at significantly above average in my experience.

N0thingSpecial wrote:

instead of hating each other we just hate ourselves
-Makishima S-
> single player game
> community

Why this discussion ever take place is the primary question.
As I said, you don't meet anyone while playing osu, you are not forced by anything to meet someone on your way, you can turn off spectator feature so you don't see if someone is even watching you playing, you can completely turn off chat and don't get any pms.

Community is like it is, and everyone will have his own subjective opinion, nothing more, nothing less.
worst fl player

[Taiga] wrote:

> single player game
> community

As I said, you don't meet anyone while playing osu, you are not forced by anything to meet someone on your way, you can turn off spectator feature so you don't see if someone is even watching you playing, you can completely turn off chat and don't get any pms.

Community is like it is, and everyone will have his own subjective opinion, nothing more, nothing less.
agreed.

Faye

[Taiga] wrote:

> single player game
> community

>forgets this game has multi
>ignores the fact is talking to community
>wonders why we have a discussion on the community.

Yeah, you can isolate yourself in osu - but it's not really exclusive to that.

Aside from the comments I just made - I agree with your opinion on subjectivity.
Luqanted
check out off-topic and you'll see the answer
-Makishima S-

Faye wrote:

>forgets this game has multi
>ignores the fact is talking to community
>wonders why we have a discussion on the community.

Yeah, you can isolate yourself in osu - but it's not really exclusive to that.

Aside from the comments I just made - I agree with your opinion on subjectivity.
You seems to not get the message:

> you are going to multi on your own choice and will, nobody here NEVER tell you that YOU MUST play multi to achieve something
> forum community is so far way better than in any other game what I played, despite having autistic cunts and retards here
> still, pointless discussion

As I said, this is pure single player game with multiplayer as addition, as pure "DLC-like-be" content.
When I go to multi, I don't give a single fuck about community, if someone is toxic, I just click this report button and move on.
What differs this game from others is that toxic shitters gets silenced FAST and mod reaction is very good here.

So yet again - single player game + community doesn't really connect if it comes to game.

If you want to discuss forum community... well, I don't remember OP was speaking about forum but about game where my point is valid at this point.
N0thingSpecial
Taiga I would like to introduce you to the mapping community
Endaris

N0thingSpecial wrote:

:roll:
:?
:cry:
-Makishima S-

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Ummmm.... no thanks, I have my own opinion about mapping community.
Main reason why I don't give a single fuck about mapping in this game.
AyeAries

[Taiga] wrote:

mapping community is like, "nice pattern", "improve this one", "your map sucks, pls delete", "quality map", etc.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
N0thingSpecial

Endaris wrote:

:roll:
:?
:cry:
This is so accurate it's not even funny
Kondou-Shinichi

- Aries - wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

mapping community is like, "nice pattern", "improve this one", "your map sucks, pls delete", "quality map", etc.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Something more than that.

“remap kds pls thx”
Endie-
I've never come across players calling others shit (except when joking around)
I do however, find players calling themselves shit :)