forum

To keep happy birthday threads or not!

posted
Total Posts

Should we keep personal happy birthday threads?

Yes
65.71%
No
34.29%
Total votes: 70
Polling ended
show more
Firo Prochainezo
Why not.
Backfire
I clicked yes thinking it was the opposite. This is bullshit.
Sinistro

Lybydose wrote:

Locking/wasting/preventing the creation of individual birthday threads and throwing it all in one supertopic makes absolutely no sense, especially given that said birthday threads are automatically better than 99% of the other "threads" in this forum to begin with.
Ekaru

Sinistro wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

Locking/wasting/preventing the creation of individual birthday threads and throwing it all in one supertopic makes absolutely no sense, especially given that said birthday threads are automatically better than 99% of the other "threads" in this forum to begin with.
Yeah, this forum will mostly suck no matter what you do.

I voted "No" anyways because I like being a party pooper.
Wojjan
It's people like you
bmin11
I'm more concern of how Birthday threads shows the lack of contents Off-Topic has. If we had more and better threads, Birthday threads wouldn't have such big of an portion of the forum 8-)

Anyway, I don't mind people creating Birthday threads.
NotShinta
If you want to congratulate a happy birthday, you can send them a PM and make them feel equally good about themselves (perhaps better, my thread wasn't as big as that other dude's, etc.). Or make them a nice map or other thing they would appreciate. I honestly don't see the point in making a thread when 98% of people won't care, which is a whole 1% less than can be said for other OT topics, and has even less substance than the average Off Topic thread.
Wojjan
it's either more or better as we've proven in the past. Can't have it all.
OnosakiHito

Backfire wrote:

I clicked yes thinking it was the opposite. This is bull****.
Pokebis
I'm turning 18 my next birthday.
You guys better make my transition into adulthood feel special.
Vote yes.
Jarby

Pokebis wrote:

You guys better make my transition into adulthood feel special.
Oh we will~
Tatsuo
I choose yes.
Though the destruction of OT would be a sight to see... Curious.
Quaraezha
Inhabitants of Off-Topic would invade other sub-forums
like /b/ when it had that filter shits.
Cuddlebun
is it really that fucking important to have your own birthday thread; they can either send you PMs or post on Facebook (which they do already if you have a Facebook)
Topic Starter
Corin

Cuddlebun wrote:

is it really that fucking important to have your own birthday thread; they can either send you PMs or post on Facebook (which they do already if you have a Facebook)

Is it really that fucking important to be such a killjoy?
Wojjan

Cuddlebun wrote:

April 12th is important to me ;~;
Cuddlebun

Corin wrote:

Cuddlebun wrote:

Is it really that fucking important to be such a killjoy?
I'm not saying no one should acknowledge your birthday or no one wish you a happy birthday. I'm just saying is it really that important to have a thread about it when everyone can just send you a PM or send some sort of message. It confounds me you're fighting this hard for a trivial right.
Wojjan

Cuddlebun wrote:

It confounds me you're fighting this hard for a trivial right.
It confounds me more why they would suddenly take it away in the first place than why we're asking to get it back.
Larto
Who cares.

Shellghost
Now observe as this thread sits here and nothing happens.
Pokebis
I seriously don't see the issue with having certain kinds of threads. If you don't like them ignore them and don't post in them. Simple as that. I mean when you do you're the one bumping them.
Topic Starter
Corin
I forgot about this, yes we won, yes we have our freedom back.

I think we should make azure a proper HBD thread, don't you?
Quaraezha
Azure's birthday is already done.
Just make a birthday thread for the next person.
Sakura
I could just split the HBD for Azure posts from the HBD thread
NotShinta

Corin wrote:

I forgot about this, yes we won, yes we have our freedom back.
WE'VE BEEN OPPRESSED FOR TOO LONG!

Anyway, cool to have a clear answer.
Backfire
I still think we should have made the thread a birthday archive thread. It would be something like a subforum, but everything would just link to the wastelanded threads.
Like, October 17/18 whenever it was
Azure_Kyte's name as a URL, and when you click on it, it links to his birthday thread. This way, we can know everyones birthday, and we have a thread to go along with the threads, that serves as sort of a compilation.
Quaraezha
But then again, it's just a Birthday thread. The only time we should get hyped over it is the actual day it happens.
The hype dies afterwards. No need for an Archive :V
Backfire

Quaraezha wrote:

But then again, it's just a Birthday thread. The only time we should get hyped over it is the actual day it happens.
The hype dies afterwards. No need for an Archive :V
Archive meaning, so we know when everyones birthday was/is.
Quaraezha
Maybe we can have it on our profiles instead... maybe.
D33d
On that note, the only people who would make birthday threads for others are those who already know the birthdays of certain members. No need for everybody to make their birthdays public.
Wojjan

D33d wrote:

On that note, the only people who would make birthday threads for others are those who already know the birthdays of certain members. No need for everybody to make their birthdays public.
Pretty much, yeah. It's like a secret friendship gang sign.