forum

[Archived] Cursor lagging when hit notes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Domo3311
Problem Details:

Everytime i hit a note my cursor lags for a split second and looks like it teleports to its next destination instead of smoothly going there. The distance that it skips is really short, like a centimeter but its very noticeable. Ive tried ap and it doesnt skip but when i tried with relax the cursor skipped so im assuming its a tablet associated problem. This happened on my new laptop a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 i7 model if that helps.

Also like every 15 mins or so osu lags with distorting audio and the screen just freezes for like 1 second and resumes after that leaving me failing the song. This happens only on osu , ive played overwatch on this laptop and nothing seems to be wrong.

Any word of advice wouuld be appreciated!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I tried to capture the video with my iphone 6s but the camera cant keep up with the cursor so it looks like it lags all the time.

As for the game freezing i cant control when it happens so i don't really know how to capture it reliably. Not too good with editing out videos and cutting it and stuff to upload anyway.

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Lyawi
Does it help you a bit when you enable VSync in your options? Just asking, could be screen tearing maybe.
Topic Starter
Domo3311

Lyawi wrote:

Does it help you a bit when you enable VSync in your options? Just asking, could be screen tearing maybe.
I just tried it with v sync on and the problem remains. There were also screen tears.