forum

Hard choice for me: stick with mouse or use tablet?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
A Fancy Duck
Most of my closest friends are using tablet and are already godlike with it. I already asked someone using PM, but i am still skeptical of how it will help me. Rather than spend it now, I really need to know which choice is better.

(note: also, is it good for sorta low-ranked guys like me?)
Sandy Hoey
Getting a tablet is not a guaranteed way to improve. I would suggest borrowing a tablet from one of your friends for a weekend or something like that to test it out and see if you even like it before you decide whether or not you want to invest money into a random video game
Topic Starter
A Fancy Duck

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Getting a tablet is not a guaranteed way to improve. I would suggest borrowing a tablet from one of your friends for a weekend or something like that to test it out and see if you even like it before you decide whether or not you want to invest money into a random video game

I'll see if they grant me permission (they probably wont lmao, but I'll try).
KupcaH
It's preference, you can ask to borrow tablet from your friend for week, and see yourself if you're gonna like it.

EDIT:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

This guy knows
Topic Starter
A Fancy Duck

KupcaH wrote:

It's preference, you can ask to borrow tablet from your friend for week, and see yourself if you're gonna like it.

EDIT:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

This guy knows
Ok! Got it b0ss
NixXSkate
Eh try to get good at aiming with mouse first...
Make sure mouse precision mode is OFF in windows
Don't even consider switching until you total 1500pp bare minimum
7ambda

NixXSkate wrote:

If he wants to use tablet, then he might as well get use it right away; otherwise, it'll be harder for him to switch once he gets comfortable with mouse.
Topic Starter
A Fancy Duck

NixXSkate wrote:

Don't even consider switching until you total 1500pp bare minimum
That might also be a good idea... I'll see
Topic Starter
A Fancy Duck

F1r3tar wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

If he wants to use tablet, then he might as well get use it right away; otherwise, it'll be harder for him to switch once he gets comfortable with mouse.
Wait, if I switch once I play for, lets say 3 more months, then switch to tablet, will it seriously affect how I play?
Faolan

A Fancy Duck wrote:

Wait, if I switch once I play for, lets say 3 more months, then switch to tablet, will it seriously affect how I play?
You tend to lose a little skill with mouse when you dont use it, but after an extended warm-up (especially at your skill level) anything lost will be relearned.
N0thingSpecial
Let's compare the pros and cons for mouse

Pros
- Only alpha males use mouse
- your cursor movement doesn't make you look like you have Parkinson's
- Doomsbae is gonna be your religion which is 10x better than cookizi cause doomsday is a cutie
- having you ever seen a tablet with RGB lighting? You're gonna look way cooler in circle clicking montage when your mouse and RGB lighting

Cons
- higher skill ceiling which might encourage you to switch to tablet, which is beta af

it's preference tbh, if you have the money go for it when you've established basics like rhythm sense and aim using your mouse, adapting to tablet doesn't take long once you have the right configuration
NixXSkate

F1r3tar wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

Yeah, just like it was hard for firebat92, right? Getting better aim with mouse will make you better when you adjust to tablet. OP has never practiced aim yet because they're not at the level where they have to even practice aim.
JeromeTT

NixXSkate wrote:

Getting better aim with mouse will make you better when you adjust to tablet..
I'm going to disagree with this. Switching to tablet takes time to get used to, so if you are going to be a tablet player either way, you might as well start of with tablet.

And you're forgetting that angelsim had his tablet mutiaccount.
KupcaH

N0thingSpecial wrote:

- Doomsbae is gonna be your religion which is 10x better than cookizi cause doomsday is a cutie
But.. I pray to both.
Yurumo
Well, when I switched from mouse to tablet, my skill improved tremendously after only a day or two...
Mouse has more disadvantages than a tablet, and tablet makes things easier.

Angelsim (firebat92) once said on twitter: "whoever said mouse was as good as tablet with enough practice, f you".
Akanagi
Mouse.

I used tablet for several months, but my aim always felt slippery af like I was playing on wet floor or something.

Another annoying thing with tablets is the amount of setup you have to do for them. You'll want to have no input lag, then you'll also struggle with the "right" grip, drag vs hover, always using FixmyPen, make sure you forced proportions and setting the right area etc etc.
Even if you feel like you "got better" initially, sooner or later you'll start thinking stuff like "Maybe I need to change my area" or "This grip feels wrong", or "I'm 100% convinced there still is input lag!"

That stuff is so tedious and all you have to do with your mouse is set DPI to whatever you like, raw input, 6/11, accel off and you're good to go + your aim will look way cooler than with a tablet.

Go mouse, the world doesn't need more tablet players.
realy0_
Im gonna switch to tablet cuz i can't spin. What a dumb reason
autoteleology
Tablet has zero swag.
N0thingSpecial

Philosofikal wrote:

Tablet has zero swag.
This guy is still using swag in 2k17
autoteleology

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Philosofikal wrote:

Tablet has zero swag.
This guy is still using swag in 2k17
Only because I have enough swag to pull it off, due to being a mouse user.

Topic Starter
A Fancy Duck
bruh i just woke up lmao

eh, i'll try... maybe next week.

quite interesting how both opinions clashed. i tried tablet once with my friend, but on his regular sensitivity. it was a pretty good tablet too. eh, i'm just gonna get one in december.

... or should i play touchscreen?
realy0_

A Fancy Duck wrote:

bruh i just woke up lmao

quite interesting how both opinions clashed. i tried tablet once with my friend, but on his regular sensitivity. it was a pretty good tablet too. eh, i'm just gonna get one in december.

Touchscreen is so much fun to watch
Kyrari
touchscreen is like a completely different game from using tablet/mouse though
NixXSkate

JeromeTT wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

Getting better aim with mouse will make you better when you adjust to tablet..
I'm going to disagree with this. Switching to tablet takes time to get used to, so if you are going to be a tablet player either way, you might as well start of with tablet.
What are you disagreeing with? Better aim with mouse = better aim with tablet. A lot of people who I see switch to tablet early have very disgusting aim. Understand how to improve your aim with mouse before giving up and switching to tablet just because someone else improved faster with it. You overestimate the time it takes to adjust to tablet, OP is more likely to form bad habits if they start using tablet without fully understanding a tablet's advantages.
Topic Starter
A Fancy Duck

realy0_ wrote:

A Fancy Duck wrote:

bruh i just woke up lmao

Touchscreen is so much fun to watch
lmao im joking about touchscreen, too much friction n i h8 it
autoteleology

A Fancy Duck wrote:

Have you tried putting Astroglide on your fingers?
Faye

Philosofikal wrote:

A Fancy Duck wrote:

Try talcum powder instead.
It'll be like playing hidden flashlight without need the mods on.
Topic Starter
A Fancy Duck

Philosofikal wrote:

A Fancy Duck wrote:

how about d u r e x p l a y

(pls no report)
Topic Starter
A Fancy Duck

Faye wrote:

Philosofikal wrote:

Try talcum powder instead.
It'll be like playing hidden flashlight without need the mods on.
lmaooo