forum

Yooh - Shigure [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
frz
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
DeletedUser_6637817
Hi!

[General]
There are quite a few unsnapped green lines here!
00:44:139
01:05:472
01:37:472
01:58:806
02:20:139
02:41:472
03:24:139
03:29:472
03:39:472
04:28:239
04:33:472

Please snap them!

Please split the tag Yoohsic Roomz/Next Reflection into Yoohsic Roomz Next Reflection;
The / will conjoin Roomz and Next, but this shouldnt happen as they are seperate label names.

[temporary drizzle]
I believe this entire diff needs to work on one thing that is kinda appearant in most sections;
Contrast between different sounds in the music expressed by the map.

What i mean with Contrast between different sounds is the following: If you have a sound in the music that in different from other sounds, the patterns that lie on said sound should generally be different from the patterns around it. The same applies backwards; If you have the same sounds in the music, the patterns should also generally stay the same.

More concretely: 00:01:482 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - establishes the following: wub sound (as heard on 1st, 2nd and 3rd beat of each measure) = don; and stop of wub sound (as heard on the 4th beat) = kat.
Now that you mapped it like this, you made a contrast between the sounds by using don and kat to differentiate.
Frequently though, this differentiation of sounds is not always as clear or clearly executed as here.

Take for example 00:04:149 (9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - ; In this pattern you use kats where the music does not change much if at all. It would be much better off coloring 00:04:816 (11,13,15) - to don to keep it consistent and to keep the kat reserved for a special emphasis for a sound.

Contrast between sounds can be created with more than just dons and kats though.
For example you can use finishers like in 00:06:316 (16,17) - where you tried to do so. Although the finisher lies on 00:06:482 (17) - which is only an ordinary wub-stop sound and should only be a normal kat note. The sound thats very distinct lies on 00:06:316 (16) - so this should most likely be the one that would recieve a finisher.

Contrast can not only be created within sounds, but also between entire musical sections!
Heres another example where you can see that! 00:09:482 (12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20) - Is a section thats cut from the rest by a finisher!
In this section, the beat is not constant 1/1, it is a little more irregular, there is an added super loud clap noise and super strong kick noise. Theres lots of different things in this sections that differ from other musical sections. Applying mentioned logic, this entire section should be appearantly mapped a bit differently i suppose, which is not the case here and i advise you to do so!

I could go on more about this but I dont wanna write a bible...
There is much more for me to critizise concerning the contrast between notes. I hope you can look over the entire map, possibly remap the entire map, while keeping said contrast concept in mind. Right now it seems like a big flurry of notes that make little sense, especially in the more intense parts.

I hate wallmodding and this was painful to do, i hope you learn something out of it and make this map as best as you can, and also help you create maps in the future ;w;/

Good Luck with this!
Topic Starter
frz

Nepuri wrote:

Hi!

[General]
There are quite a few unsnapped green lines here!
00:44:139
01:05:472
01:37:472
01:58:806
02:20:139
02:41:472
03:24:139
03:29:472
03:39:472
04:28:239
04:33:472

Please snap them!

Please split the tag Yoohsic Roomz/Next Reflection into Yoohsic Roomz Next Reflection;
The / will conjoin Roomz and Next, but this shouldnt happen as they are seperate label names.

[temporary drizzle]
I believe this entire diff needs to work on one thing that is kinda appearant in most sections;
Contrast between different sounds in the music expressed by the map.

What i mean with Contrast between different sounds is the following: If you have a sound in the music that in different from other sounds, the patterns that lie on said sound should generally be different from the patterns around it. The same applies backwards; If you have the same sounds in the music, the patterns should also generally stay the same.

More concretely: 00:01:482 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - establishes the following: wub sound (as heard on 1st, 2nd and 3rd beat of each measure) = don; and stop of wub sound (as heard on the 4th beat) = kat.
Now that you mapped it like this, you made a contrast between the sounds by using don and kat to differentiate.
Frequently though, this differentiation of sounds is not always as clear or clearly executed as here.

Take for example 00:04:149 (9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - ; In this pattern you use kats where the music does not change much if at all. It would be much better off coloring 00:04:816 (11,13,15) - to don to keep it consistent and to keep the kat reserved for a special emphasis for a sound.

Contrast between sounds can be created with more than just dons and kats though.
For example you can use finishers like in 00:06:316 (16,17) - where you tried to do so. Although the finisher lies on 00:06:482 (17) - which is only an ordinary wub-stop sound and should only be a normal kat note. The sound thats very distinct lies on 00:06:316 (16) - so this should most likely be the one that would recieve a finisher.

Contrast can not only be created within sounds, but also between entire musical sections!
Heres another example where you can see that! 00:09:482 (12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20) - Is a section thats cut from the rest by a finisher!
In this section, the beat is not constant 1/1, it is a little more irregular, there is an added super loud clap noise and super strong kick noise. Theres lots of different things in this sections that differ from other musical sections. Applying mentioned logic, this entire section should be appearantly mapped a bit differently i suppose, which is not the case here and i advise you to do so!

I could go on more about this but I quote raiden when i say 'what the fuk dude don't write a bible' /me runs
There is much more for me to critizise concerning the contrast between notes. I hope you can look over the entire map, possibly remap the entire map, while keeping said contrast concept in mind. Right now it seems like a big flurry of notes that make little sense, especially in the more intense parts.

I hate wallmodding and this was painful to do, i hope you learn something out of it and make this map as best as you can, and also help you create maps in the future ;w;/

Good Luck with this!
Resnapped the notes and changed the tags. And yes, I will most likely remap some parts (or the entire map). while keeping the contrast in mind, thanks a lot, I appreciate your effort!