forum

[Archived] .NET Framework Initialization Error on Mac when opening osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
captainmilk
Problem Details: I stopped playing osu for at least 10 months, and I wanted to come back, so I started the application up and played a map. It said I could'n't submit my score because my version of osu wasn't running on the latest version. I play osu on a Mac, OS Sierra version 11.0

I closed osu to update it, then after the update was finished I tried to open the application, but it wouldn't open. The error I got was "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application." I tried searching up everything I could to fix this, but to no prevail.

I changed my wineskin to run on engine WS9Wine2.12, but still not working. If you could help me I would really appreciate it.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
osu! version: 20170528.1
Death
This person was able to solve this issue by reinstalling, however, even on Mac this is not something I think should be done first. It is something to keep in mind if no one else is able to provide another solution.
Topic Starter
captainmilk

Death wrote:

This person was able to solve this issue by reinstalling, however, even on Mac this is not something I think should be done first. It is something to keep in mind if no one else is able to provide another solution.
I saw this thread, but I don't know how to transfer my beatmaps into the newly installed osu. I couldn't seem to find the folder. Thanks though, i'll keep it in mind.