forum

Experimentation Log #CE34B8

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
This is the second experimentation log in a series of logs detailing the ET hunting testing of various OT denizens. As an OT Royal Scientist, I select individuals and test their response to increasing factors of a certain parallel fire. The last test had me something desired, as the previous test subject, _SkyFall, did not fully complete the testing routine. At the conclusion of the previous test, the subject collapsed, requiring the testing to end prematurely. It has been a month since then, and during the one month period I have spent time upgrading the equipment to support more accurate results on higher parallel fires by ordering some hardware from ppy LLC.

This time I have set out to find the test subject in the Land of OT located in the alternate dimension I have created some time back to facilitate Johnmedina999's OT!neus program. I made a request in the #osu-scores part of the land to aid testing in quad parallel fire. It took some time, but a denizen named Levesterz showed up agreeing to aid in the testing. And so we headed out to the test site to test 10 parallel fire.

For this experiment I recorded both mine and Levsterz's results, using my results as the control for the experiment. Mid way through the experiment we had the head of OT!neus, Johnmedina999, join us for a brief while to aid some help. However, after changing blasters to see if there can be improvement in his results, it proved to be too much to handle and left to a different testing site to do 7 parallel fire. As such, I did not receive adequate data from him to draw any conclusions.

Midway through the experiment I noticed I set the experiment to the wrong test type. This however is ok, and should not affect results as the testing hardware should be made per specification to deduce the test type automatically by the nature of the experiment. I switched test type towards the end of testing anyway since I was bothered seeing the wrong test type throughout the experimentation. The experiment formally ended once my results approached inadequate values.

The following are the results. Levesterz's test results are green while mine are red:

According to the data, Levesterz is improving at a linear rate as the factor increases. This is likely attributed to the learning of 10 parallel fire from no previous experience instead of being better due to increasing factor. As such we will need to interpret this data in respect to time instead of factor. Given the testing period was about 1 hour 30 min, and Levsterz improved at an average rate of 8% per hour starting from 8%, according to the statistical analysis via linear regression, Levesterz should be able to attain 95% at approximately this factor after about 11 hours.

My data shows that my results have been declining with increasing factor at a rate of -9% per factor. According to statistical analysis via linear regression, and given that the rate of which the factor increase in respect to time, I would be good as good as Levesterz at a factor of about 5.9, or after 6 hours.

This experiment should have been a great success, however, it has later been discovered that the new hardware was faulty as it created huge inaccuracies within the results sometimes by as much as 10%. After sending a report to the manufacturer of the hardware, ppy LLC, it has been determined that the hardware was not able to deduce the test type from the nature of the experiment, giving the inaccurate values.

To conclude, this test was a failure, with only the last several recorded results being valid.

Serraionga
_SkyFall

abraker wrote:

_SkyFall, did not fully complete the testing routine. At the conclusion of the previous test, the subject collapsed
What do you mean "the subject collapsed", it was 5 am in Italy and i had to wake up at 9 lol. ( :( )

Btw
Nice thread imo, I enjoy reading these experimentations.
Topic Starter
abraker

_SkyFall wrote:

What do you mean "the subject collapsed", it was 5 am in Italy and i had to wake up at 9 lol. ( )
When you solve the equation, whether you had to go earlier due to it being late or you quit from exhaustion, the results are same.
uuuu
wow this is a pretty cool thing you are doing keep it up
_SkyFall

abraker wrote:

When you solve the equation, whether you had to go earlier due to it being late or you quit from exhaustion, the results are same.
Well yeah, tbh the maps were beginning to be really difficult for me.
But now I'm a bit better :D

I enjoyed the test tho, so thank you again.
Fxjlk
Im not sure how to feel about this.