forum

How i've improved at OSU! (may help)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
Understand that I am by no means " pro " but I would consider myself fairly decent at the game as i've jumped a lot of ranks in the past few months and heres what I did.
(1.) Play strictly unranked maps.. There are a lot of maps on OSU! that have yet to be ranked but they are timed perfectly I have practiced on a lot of unranked maps ( unranked map king :) if you want some good ones just message me ) By playing unranked you keep yourself away from the pp away from the ranks and most importantly away from the stress. Then once you've practiced A LOT on unranked maps and you get back into ranked you'll notice yourself gaining more PP than you usually would have before.

(2.) Note that this may not be the case for everybody but it has certainly boosted me up and made my reaction time and tapping skills go past a limit I never thought I would reach. Play maps that are out of your skill level. I know some may not agree with this as it will decrease your accuracy but in the long run it's worth it and you will gain it back once you improve. Overall this will increase your speed and accuracy and prep you up for the next set of maps that you've always wanted to complete.

(3.) Kind of falls under (2.) but play technical maps. Ones that have fast and weird sliders that look impossible to hit. Again just message me on the website or ingame if you need any maps that fall into the technical category.

(4.) If you don't want to play unranked maps that's fine. Play maps that you know you can complete but not fc. Don't go for pp just play the game and have fun and you will slowly start to see yourself improve in speed and accuracy.

I know that these simple things might not help everybody as everybody is different in how they approach this game but i've found all of these methods to be very effective for me as i've gone from rank 100k to nearly under 66k and I'm improving and gaining ranks every day. Let me know what you guys think of these methods, have you done this to improve?
Kondou-Shinichi

sk8forlife51 wrote:

Understand that I am by no means " pro " but I would consider myself fairly decent at the game as i've jumped a lot of ranks in the past few months and heres what I did.
(1.) Play strictly unranked maps.. There are a lot of maps on OSU! that have yet to be ranked but they are timed perfectly I have practiced on a lot of unranked maps ( unranked map king :) if you want some good ones just message me ) By playing unranked you keep yourself away from the pp away from the ranks and most importantly away from the stress. Then once you've practiced A LOT on unranked maps and you get back into ranked you'll notice yourself gaining more PP than you usually would have before. You meant playing offline. Well it doesnt affect the rate of improving, you just dont get pp lol

(2.) Note that this may not be the case for everybody but it has certainly boosted me up and made my reaction time and tapping skills go past a limit I never thought I would reach. Play maps that are out of your skill level. I know some may not agree with this as it will decrease your accuracy but in the long run it's worth it and you will gain it back once you improve. Overall this will increase your speed and accuracy and prep you up for the next set of maps that you've always wanted to complete. I agree with this! This is what I'm doing for year and I'd improve a lot compared to others! (Idk i think i have)

(3.) Kind of falls under (2.) but play technical maps. Ones that have fast and weird sliders that look impossible to hit. Again just message me on the website or ingame if you need any maps that fall into the technical category. Not sure if it helps everyone but it helps me to sightread and properly play harder and faster and irregluar maps.

(4.) If you don't want to play unranked maps that's fine. Play maps that you know you can complete but not fc. Don't go for pp just play the game and have fun and you will slowly start to see yourself improve in speed and accuracy. So fucking on point!

I know that these simple things might not help everybody as everybody is different in how they approach this game but i've found all of these methods to be very effective for me as i've gone from rank 100k to nearly under 66k and I'm improving and gaining ranks every day. Let me know what you guys think of these methods, have you done this to improve?
Except the first one, I completely agree with 2-4! I also heavily recommend people to try these out!
N0thingSpecial
tl;dr play more
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
Thank you :) Yeah I think #1 is just if you want to jump ranks quickly, play offline for a while then get back to the online grind.
N0thingSpecial
Tbh your first point isn't entirely accurate, it just simply increase the variety of maps you play, if you get stressed playing ranked maps then you're playing with the wrong mentality in the first place.

Personally I really don't like the notion people have " HURR DURR IF YOU'RE NOT PLAYING FOR RANK THEN YOU'LL DEFINITELY IMPROVE FUK THE PP SYSTEM"
KupcaH
URR DURR IF YOU'RE NOT PLAYING FOR RANK THEN YOU'LL DEFINITELY IMPROVE FUK THE PP SYSTEM
N0thingSpecial

KupcaH wrote:

URR DURR IF YOU'RE NOT PLAYING FOR RANK THEN YOU'LL DEFINITELY IMPROVE FUK THE PP SYSTEM
This guy fuks the pp system
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
What might not be accurate for some could be on point for others. Plenty of people get stressed playing ranked maps have you not watched failed pro plays on youtube? There's top ranked players who throw their pens and smash them.
Sandy Hoey
Could it possibly be because they actually care about it as opposed to missing a note on an unranked map? I find when I play unranked maps it is hard to care about how I do, therefore making it harder to improve. Obviously, this is a mindset thing and may be different for some
N0thingSpecial
Oh that's why I'm not 2 digit yet, cause I haven't thrown my mouse out the window when I choked a play

not being sarcastic or anything, but I think pros can handle stress from FCing a map, it's just that they get angry at themselves afterwards if they choke