forum

Rhapsody - Emerald Sword

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Duoprism
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, 10 April 2009 at 1:17:44 PM

Artist: Rhapsody
Title: Emerald Sword
BPM: 180
Filesize: 6625kb
Play Time: 03:52
Difficulties Available:
  1. Extreme (4.92 stars, 510 notes)
  2. Intense (4.18 stars, 252 notes)
  3. Light (2.22 stars, 177 notes)
Download: Rhapsody - Emerald Sword
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Some of you may recognise this because you've heard of Rhapsody before, others may know this as a hard stepfile from Stepmania. If you're part of the latter group, I've tried to maintain the intensity of the stepfile in osu without overstepping the ranking guidelines. If you're part of the former, I hope that this map does justice to the song. If you don't know it at all, well, just know that Extreme is not for the fainthearted...
machol30
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Soaprman
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Rolled

buraimaster1234 wrote:

I don't see any problems. Passed first attempt. Definitely rankable (in my opinion). More difficulties, please! :)
beast. Squares killed me on my second try, after I turned on snaking I passed it :|

Highest score is 1.07m. Maybe my 6th or 7th try :|

But yeah, I'm a bit iffy with the squares but other than that I have no problem ranking this (crazy motorcyle is ranked, so no reason this shouldn't be)

This is such half time bait, though.

But anyways yeah, I'm still kind of undecided whether or not I think the squares are ranking material. Snaking is a MUST, and even with it it can be a bit hard to react to. But we'll see how others like it.
Sinistro
Topic Starter
Duoprism
foulcoon
Anyone who says a commoner can't pass it, feast your eyes on this:

this was about my 6th or 7th try, and I made stupid mistakes that almost killed me.

BUT I PASSED IT. So I'll call it rankable.

Its one hell of a map, nice job Reikin.

Download: foulcoon - Rhapsody - Emerald Sword [Extreme] (20080923023612).osr
Saturos
Topic Starter
Duoprism
Okay, I'm willing to pass over Extreme to the approval, but Intense is acceptable score according to peppy (11m max).

Which means bubbling and ranking can commence.
Saturos
The score may be fine, but the map is still bullshit and worth throwing into approved, imo.

Unless, of course, you've lowered the spacing/etc like I suggested last night. Afterall, Intense is essentially the same thing as Extreme, except you had sliders connecting some shit instead.
Ekaru
There's something on Moderate that I feel I should bring up:

01:13:15 (3) - This is on the 5th repeat of a repeating slider (4) (By that, I mean that it's a beat you have to click during a slider). I don't know what happened there, probably a goof up of some sort? Since I don't think you meant to put an impossible note/slider (Depending on which one you go for) here.

That's all I wanted to point out. Continue your discussion.

P.S. Why is Extreme here, but Intense isn't? I though if this was going to be ranked, it would be the other way around, with the 11 mil map instead of the 18 mil map you have here. Oh well?
Topic Starter
Duoprism
Fixed.

Awaiting the thumbs up (or thumbs down) on this map from peppy.
FluffRat
Replying just to star, because this is my favorite CtB map of them all.
Yuukari-Banteki
[Light]
00:27:14 (2,1) - move 1 so its not covered by 2
01:50:15 (4,5) - stack more neatly plox ^^ on both ends
01:59:15 (1,1,1,1,1) - NEW COMBO SPAM!
02:46:16 (5) - uh, spacing?
03:34:83 (4,5) - stack
03:40:50 (5) - this strikes me as a slider that should never have been flipped horizontally

[Moderate]
00:27:31 (5,1) - i dont like how 5 overlaps 1
00:45:81 (1) - hidden by prev. slider
01:28:82 (1) - ^
02:03:49 (8,9) - stacking~
03:13:49 (1) - hidden by prev. slider
03:39:16 (3,4,5) - again, as this appears to be an S it should not be flipped horizontally

[Extreme]
*bracing for epically hard map*
00:20:79 (5) - whats with the random jump?
00:42:13 (4) - this is 100% hidden by the previous slider
00:43:46 (4) - spacing?
actually scratch that 00:42:79 (1,2,3,4) - snap?
01:25:13 (4) - completely hidden
01:25:79 (1,2,3,4) - srsly snap this the same way as the one directly following it
01:59:13 (1,2,3) - i hate it when notes overlap sliders like this~
02:33:29 (2,3,4,5) - 2 and 3 both overlap sliders :x
02:36:96 (16) - can you make the combo numbers not get this high?
02:37:63 (4,5) - hitcircle overlapping slider
02:39:79 (12) - new combo imo either here or on 6
im not going to bother with the following section because its the same pattern and the same problems
02:54:13 (5) - spacing wtf
02:56:13 (2) - ^
02:56:79 (5) - ^
03:09:79 (4) - completely hidden
03:10:46 (1,2,3,4) - snap/spacing
03:19:13 (1) - delete and re-place break
03:39:13 (3,4,5) - backwards S again
03:43:79 (1,2,3) - circles overlapping slider
nice ending :) it breaks the monotony~
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Atmey
I can combo +1000 on light
Maybe its only me, but sliders are too fast on moderate.
Hara
Yuukari-Banteki
Topic Starter
Duoprism
I changed what I thought was necessary.
Soaprman
I've had this map sitting around in my folder for a long time and just noticed that it has additional difficulties. I love the fast sliders on moderate. Starred!
dark-insanity13
aw, i liked the old sliders on Light :( gave me more of a challenge, and i liked how i could combo 1000+ on a simpler difficulty. sure it freaked me out at first, but i kept trying at it and i could almost perfect it except for silly mistakes. i thought it was fine the way it was once you got used to it. don't see why you changed it.

i'm unfortunately not good enough for the harder levels, so i can't give you feedback on those.
m980
Ehhhhh.. I'm not totally sure about this map. There aren't any glaring problems other then difficulty, and with that, I'll let the next mod decide whether to Rank/Approve of this map.

Bubble'd?
0_o
Rolled
First of all I'm pretty prepared to rank this if a few things are fixed. I am quite possibly abusing some things, and I expect this map to cause some controversy with the whole "That's what approved status is for!" However, since you took the time to make easier difficulties, my plan with this is to see how its treated as a ranked set, then if people wahcrybitchmoanwah, once peppy implements ranked/approved beatmap sets the appropriate changes can be made.

Let's start with Extreme.

First of all, it's awesome.
A few things that should be fixed to make it rankable:
01:36:79 - This section, on all difficulties, you must kill the spinners overlapping the hitcircles. Even if they start just a 1/8th later, that's still better than what it is now. Also when you're playing, the stack leniency gets fucked up a bit and the circles get all ugly. Hopefully when you remove the overlapping spinners this will fix it, but if not play with stack leniency a bit to make the circles stack properly (specifically on intense.)
02:06:46 (5) - I'll make a note that the repeat slider is pretty hard to notice on the first play through. I hit it the second time, though. I won't require a change because I can't see a better way to handle it in terms of style, pattern, etc. But if you find some creative way to make the repeat more noticable I'll be all for it.
02:53:13 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - Going to make a note of this, not for negative reasons though. I didn't take the time to check out sfg's nazimods, but I know she is a nazi mod and I know she said something about this spot. Imo, this spot is perfectly fine along with most if not all other similar spacing parts. There is not a single spacing thing (that I remember) that bothers me about the map.
03:44:46 (3) - I don't mean to sound policing, but I'm gonna pretty much say this slider requires to be changed due to the invisibility of the repeat. Whether you do something with the hitcircle previous to the slider, kill the repeat, whatever; It just needs to be changed. Impossible to notice.
03:51:13 (5,1) - Make sure to kill this overlap as well as the aforementioned ones, and any other ones I may have overlooked modding. (just start it 1/8th later)

Intense:
The same spinner spot I mentioned in Extreme
I must say I don't like this difficulty as much as extreme. I find it to be more confusing with spacing as its quite a bit smaller yet uses the same (?) slider velocity. Nothing specific I can point out, so turns out this just ends up being a shot to the ego. Sorry about that lol.
01:57:13 (7,1) - More overlaps
02:06:46 (5,1) - ^
03:41:79 (7,1) - ^^

Light:
03:51:13 (5,1) - Only overlap I noticed on a quick run-through.
The map's a bit too slider dense for my liking, but hey, easy is easy.

That's all. For now, demoting to a star. If the changes I asked get made, I'll rebubble and hopefully foul or m980 can finish up the job.
Topic Starter
Duoprism
m980
Copy+Paste previous post
awp
Am I the only person who found the offset glaringly early? I got 812.

In spite of that, I approve of what you're doing. Epic shit.

EDIT: Actually some of the spinners sound like they end late, but other than that, it's good.

EDIT EDIT: What the fuck Intense was the medium difficulty holy shit Extreme is intense
Topic Starter
Duoprism
Offset changed to 812.
Mianki
Favourite Catch the Beat map lol
Starred :P
foulcoon
vytalibus
Minor fixes.

[Extreme]
After 03:19:14 (1) - fix your break.

Go!
show more