forum

[resolved] exiting full screen makes screen black (win 7)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rikia
Problem Details:i dont know why this happens, but it happens on all builds except fallback.
the picture should be good enough to describe my problem, i dont want to redownload osu cuz i have alot of maps (i mean theres probably a way around that, i dont know)

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://i.imgur.com/giKsXaQ.png (note, i tried all builds but i took that ss while i was on cutting edge

osu! version: latest stable
Death
Update your graphics drivers.
Topic Starter
rikia
Faye

Viperial wrote:

Problem Details:i dont know why this happens, but it happens on all builds except fallback.
the picture should be good enough to describe my problem, i dont want to redownload osu cuz i have alot of maps (i mean theres probably a way around that, i dont know)

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://i.imgur.com/giKsXaQ.png (note, i tried all builds but i took that ss while i was on cutting edge

Does this occur within fullscreen?
If not - I have a very obvious almost condescending solution
Don't use windowed mode.

Oh, btw - you can copy all your maps to a separate file and redownload the Osu client without deleting the maps.
Might be good to give that a go
Topic Starter
rikia

Faye wrote:

Viperial wrote:

Does this occur within fullscreen?
If not - I have a very obvious almost condescending solution
Don't use windowed mode.

Oh, btw - you can copy all your maps to a separate file and redownload the Osu client without deleting the maps.
doesnt happen on fullscreen, just when i exit from fullscreen. if i ran osu in window it would be fine until i went in fs then switched back

i dont use windowed, i play fullscreen but i always exit that when i want to leave osu in the background or if im downloading a map really quick, or sometimes i have it like that when i switch to discord often.

my hard disk is really slow, ill just delete everything except stuff i wanna keep (songs, skins, etc) then reodwnload osu after renaming the folder
Death

Faye wrote:

Reinstalling osu! almost never fixes anything that could not be fixed using an alternate solution, it should only be suggested as an absolute last resort.
Faye

Death wrote:

Faye wrote:

Reinstalling osu! almost never fixes anything that could not be fixed using an alternate solution, it should only be suggested as an absolute last resort.
Hey, sometimes it's good to try everything. It can't hurt.
@OP But yeah, should be the last thing you do.
Death

Faye wrote:

Death wrote:

Hey, sometimes it's good to try everything. It can't hurt.
@OP But yeah, should be the last thing you do.
Please don't make it your first suggestion...
Topic Starter
rikia
nvm i reinstalled drivers, its fixed now :D

thanks death o/

edit: nvm its not fixed, i must've still had combat mode at that moment

oh well, i guess i have to live with this

edit 2: nvm fixed, if the windowed res and the fullscreen res is different that problem doesnt occour