adaptor - LAISSEZ:FAIRE

posted
Total Posts
65
show more
Pentori
oop

soundcloud uses full length colon which just becomes a colon, but idont think that matters anyway
Einja
shouldn't the diff names be fixed
Battle
since they were team sample text presumably all the diffs were a collaboration of the team
Monstrata
So if I make a team called Taki and Mitsuha I can make all my diffs "Taki and Mitsuha's _____"?
Battle
pls
C00L

Monstrata wrote:

So if I make a team called Taki and Mitsuha I can make all my diffs "Taki and Mitsuha's _____"?
Cmon monstrata, there is context behind those diffnames
ezek

Monstrata wrote:

So if I make a team called Taki and Mitsuha I can make all my diffs "Taki and Mitsuha's _____"?
Let me join 👀
Strategas
changed tags

we reached a compromise to add sample text in the description in order to keep the difficulty naming, which seems fine IMO
Weber
Just "Sample Text" isn't really appropriate since it isn't indicating the difficulties are a collab by themselves. In it's current state, this will serve only to confuse players.

Adding "Team" before "Sample Text" or replacing each diff with "Collab ______" would be much more appropriate.
Litharrale
The diff names prefixes are unnecessary, open up routes to abuse and only works to confuse players.

People upon seeing this aren't going to think "a team made this set",
they're going to think either "who is sample text the person" or like me they'll think "a GDer cant have more difficulties than the mapper himself".

This is a route open to abuse and stupid naming. Having BNs and QATs with a team name is going to make the average joe mapper think he can team up with his friends and make a silly and confusing team name like "ayy boy lmaooo" or "taiko is bakako" or "sample text" or "monstrata" or the list goes on. It sets a bad example and is a slippery slope.

There's 0 reason it can't be "Collab" instead like it always has been. I'm sure you don't need examples of multiple people creating a set and using the word "collab". Just because a competition was involved doesn't mean the rules should be broken.
Stefan
Like for every siivagunner video: someone explain me here the joke plz

EDIT:

Battle wrote:

since they were team sample text presumably all the diffs were a collaboration of the team
Oh well, then..

someone explain me here the joke plz or just change it back to normal non-cringy difficulty names
C00L

Stefan wrote:

someone explain me here the joke plz or just change it back to normal non-cringy difficulty names
Its not a joke, here t/610793 take a look at this thread.
This submission is the winner of this contest, therefore the reasoning behind those diffnames is the teams name

Also this shoudnt be much to confussion since the difficulties are still represented at the end of each diff name
Ascendance
why do we use the word "cringe" for everything lol

how are the difficulty names "cringe" in any way? They were part of a team for a contest, and they also stated the team members in the tags and the description. Since every diff is by "Sample Text" it implies that the difficulties are a collab between the mapper + the only 3 other mappers in the tags, no? This is basic common sense lol.
Litharrale

Ascendance wrote:

Since every diff is by "Sample Text" it implies that the difficulties are a collab between the mapper + the only 3 other mappers in the tags, no? This is basic common sense lol.
How does this make sense at all? Do you really think everyone reads the map description and the tags?
Battle
isn't it the player's fault at that point, if they don't bother trying to find out by reading anything

if anything like weber said having "team" in front would help make more sense, but I think you misunderstood him when you say description AND tags because you only need to read either one to know who's on the team

it's not really unreasonable to assume people don't read descriptions honestly, not everyone has osu!direct and just play the game without paying for the very small additional features
Hobbes2
I agree with Battle, at worst changing it so the word Team is added is a decent option. I don't even really think it's a problem though, lol. It's not that hard to just look at the description to realize that Sample Text is referring to a team that won a contest.

There's no cringe here, there's no malicious intention by the host of the mapset, so why are you acting as if that's the case?

EDIT - Read the thread again and I will say the slippery slope argument from Litharrale does have some merit. I think since this was a contest winner it makes sense to use some common sense / leeway, but rules are rules I guess. I'll let someone with more power come to a conclusion on this one.
Natsu
i don't care about this too much, but if this happen one time, then :

Monstrata wrote:

So if I make a team called Taki and Mitsuha I can make all my diffs "Taki and Mitsuha's _____"?
this should be allowed too ^ lol
Stefan
C00L/Battle: Yeah I saw the thread and I also went through every post in this thread here but that is not needed because I see very well alone from the creator's words what's the origin meaning of "Sample Text". However, you guys assume anyone who doesn't heard of the contest and not reading the creator's words would understand why are the difficulty names labeled like that. It makes sense to label a difficulty if it's an exception, such as being a Collab. At this point it very well makes sense to label them as Sample Text's <difficulty>. For here we have just a stupid adjunct in the difficulty names while people would IF THEY BOTHER check the creator's words anyway - which describes perfectly the mapset - there where it belongs.

Ascendance: I am sorry, lemme call it egdy instead. Because it pretty much is edgy considering what's the origin of Sample Text (aside of the mapping team). Sense exist until the point when it looks silly and has weak arguments to justify the action. And common sense would start with asking if you have to explictly mention the mapper's/group's name in every difficulty if they are doing everything anyways.

Natsu: And that's the point when people overdone things and have too much "fun".
Syph
i mean it's quite obvious it's from a tournament since it's in the description?? people can see why the diff names are like that
Stefan
Because everyone reads the creator's words. It's the same to a joke: It isn't good if you have to explain it. So it is here to have a name which is to new people cryptic if you have no clue what in the world does "Sample Text" means in the name. However, this is barely what bothers me here.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply