show more
Rizen
Congrats!
Pentori
:idea:
Pachiru
gg :)
Monstrata
A surprisingly typical Extra diff considering the mappers. But I guess that's how you win contests nowadays haha. Grats!
Sing
nice one ser
meii18
gratz!!
Side
tortilla normal best normal

/me runs far
Strategas
hi

[general]
Unused hitsounds:
normal-hitnormal2.wav

no slider slide mute?
[ex]
00:45:542 (1,2,3,4) - check autostack
00:52:892 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - spacing of streams stays very similar when the pitch is doing a lot of things
00:56:942 (2) - this is stronger than 00:56:342 (1,2,3) - yet it's a repeat slider and the other thing is circles
01:51:542 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - similar thing, spacing stays the same when it shouldn't
[insane]
00:01:292 (2,3,4) -00:04:892 (1,2,3) - pretty noticable uneven spacing, should b even like 00:14:942 (2,3,4) - does
01:35:792 (2) - repeat arrow isn't visible
[hard]
00:26:342 (4,1) - edgy jump if you do stuff like 00:12:992 (3,1) - rly confusing for scrubs when 1/2 and 1/1 gap looks exactly the same spacing and pattern
02:13:592 (2,4) - I'd expect way more note density when the song is going nuts

someone gonna shoot stars sometime
oh and fix diffnames
B1rd
Did someone say laissez-faire?

Adam Smith approves.
milr_
Pentori
not repeating strategas' stuff

hitsounds
00:21:392 - 00:25:892 - etc. dont really know what calls for the kick hitsound here, sounds especially out of place on the lower diffs. should prob just stick with s:c1 normal samplesets

extra
00:15:392 (2,1) - pretty much the same as 00:16:592 (2,1) - musically, so could use the 3/4 slider here too
01:03:842 (4,5) - i reckon breaking up the pattern here from 01:02:492 (1,2,3) - works better with the piano. also could have a rhythm change for better differentiation and map 01:03:992

insane
01:52:142 (1) - sv change should already be intuitive enough, so its probably best to keep consistent nc patterns with 01:49:292 (1,2,3,4,5,6)

normal
00:37:292 (8) - i honestly dont think this needs to be so undermapped, 1/1 repeat slider works decently to map the drums before stream or could even do something like 01:34:892 (1)

o
k
Topic Starter
hehe

Pentori wrote:

not repeating strategas' stuff
extra
00:15:392 (2,1) - pretty much the same as 00:16:592 (2,1) - musically, so could use the 3/4 slider here too dropping consistency for the 1/4 -> 2/4 -> 3/4 pattern
01:03:842 (4,5) - i reckon breaking up the pattern here from 01:02:492 (1,2,3) - works better with the piano. also could have a rhythm change for better differentiation and map 01:03:992 current one fits the piano better

Strategas wrote:

no slider slide mute? no
[ex]
00:52:892 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - spacing of streams stays very similar when the pitch is doing a lot of things im just kinda holding back on difficulty cuz it might be a little excessive
00:56:942 (2) - this is stronger than 00:56:342 (1,2,3) - yet it's a repeat slider and the other thing is circles repeating a pattern from 00:37:292 (1,2,1,2) -
01:51:542 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - similar thing, spacing stays the same when it shouldn't same as above, but also i think spacing isn't as important as recognition of the 'star-shape' and its relation to the melody
Asphyxia

Pentori wrote:

normal
00:37:292 (8) - i honestly dont think this needs to be so undermapped, 1/1 repeat slider works decently to map the drums before stream or could even do something like 01:34:892 (1)

o
k
o
k
Bonzi

Strategas wrote:

hi
[hard]
00:26:342 (4,1) - edgy jump if you do stuff like 00:12:992 (3,1) - rly confusing for scrubs when 1/2 and 1/1 gap looks exactly the same spacing and pattern i don't really think thats a problem? It looks kinda similiar, but they are not identical. Plus jumps are introduced at 00:21:242 (5,1) - so the player should be already aware of new stuff coming at him git gud
02:13:592 (2,4) - I'd expect way more note density when the song is going nuts ok y e
https://puu.sh/xJrzD/0c0600bfa3.osu
pishifat
C00L
https://soundcloud.com/adaptor166/in-na ... issezfaire - meta

might wanna add this to tags also - "株式会社ナノコネクト様" , "nanobeat" and "収録楽曲"
Shocola
nice :(
Pentori

C00L wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/adaptor166/in-nanobeatlaissezfaire - meta

might wanna add this to tags also - "株式会社ナノコネクト様" , "nanobeat" and "収録楽曲"
pretty sure the fields should be

title: LAISSEZ:FAIRE
rom title: LAISSEZ:FAIRE

current title has an additional space and rom title is missing the colon
Pentori
bub
C00L
the title should be: LAISSEZ: FAIRE

with a space inbetween im pretty sure, it doesn't really indicate from the soundcloud meta that there should be no space
Battle
Pentori
oop

soundcloud uses full length colon which just becomes a colon, but idont think that matters anyway
Einja
shouldn't the diff names be fixed
Battle
since they were team sample text presumably all the diffs were a collaboration of the team
Monstrata
So if I make a team called Taki and Mitsuha I can make all my diffs "Taki and Mitsuha's _____"?
Battle
pls
C00L

Monstrata wrote:

So if I make a team called Taki and Mitsuha I can make all my diffs "Taki and Mitsuha's _____"?

Cmon monstrata, there is context behind those diffnames
ZekeyHache

Monstrata wrote:

Let me join 👀
Strategas
changed tags

we reached a compromise to add sample text in the description in order to keep the difficulty naming, which seems fine IMO
Weber
Just "Sample Text" isn't really appropriate since it isn't indicating the difficulties are a collab by themselves. In it's current state, this will serve only to confuse players.

Adding "Team" before "Sample Text" or replacing each diff with "Collab ______" would be much more appropriate.
Litharrale
The diff names prefixes are unnecessary, open up routes to abuse and only works to confuse players.

People upon seeing this aren't going to think "a team made this set",
they're going to think either "who is sample text the person" or like me they'll think "a GDer cant have more difficulties than the mapper himself".

This is a route open to abuse and stupid naming. Having BNs and QATs with a team name is going to make the average joe mapper think he can team up with his friends and make a silly and confusing team name like "ayy boy lmaooo" or "taiko is bakako" or "sample text" or "monstrata" or the list goes on. It sets a bad example and is a slippery slope.

There's 0 reason it can't be "Collab" instead like it always has been. I'm sure you don't need examples of multiple people creating a set and using the word "collab". Just because a competition was involved doesn't mean the rules should be broken.
Stefan
Like for every siivagunner video: someone explain me here the joke plz

EDIT:

Battle wrote:

since they were team sample text presumably all the diffs were a collaboration of the team
Oh well, then..

someone explain me here the joke plz or just change it back to normal non-cringy difficulty names
C00L

Stefan wrote:

someone explain me here the joke plz or just change it back to normal non-cringy difficulty names

Its not a joke, here t/610793 take a look at this thread.
This submission is the winner of this contest, therefore the reasoning behind those diffnames is the teams name

Also this shoudnt be much to confussion since the difficulties are still represented at the end of each diff name
Ascendance
why do we use the word "cringe" for everything lol

how are the difficulty names "cringe" in any way? They were part of a team for a contest, and they also stated the team members in the tags and the description. Since every diff is by "Sample Text" it implies that the difficulties are a collab between the mapper + the only 3 other mappers in the tags, no? This is basic common sense lol.
Litharrale

Ascendance wrote:

Since every diff is by "Sample Text" it implies that the difficulties are a collab between the mapper + the only 3 other mappers in the tags, no? This is basic common sense lol.
How does this make sense at all? Do you really think everyone reads the map description and the tags?
Battle
isn't it the player's fault at that point, if they don't bother trying to find out by reading anything

if anything like weber said having "team" in front would help make more sense, but I think you misunderstood him when you say description AND tags because you only need to read either one to know who's on the team

it's not really unreasonable to assume people don't read descriptions honestly, not everyone has osu!direct and just play the game without paying for the very small additional features
Izzywing
I agree with Battle, at worst changing it so the word Team is added is a decent option. I don't even really think it's a problem though, lol. It's not that hard to just look at the description to realize that Sample Text is referring to a team that won a contest.

There's no cringe here, there's no malicious intention by the host of the mapset, so why are you acting as if that's the case?

EDIT - Read the thread again and I will say the slippery slope argument from Litharrale does have some merit. I think since this was a contest winner it makes sense to use some common sense / leeway, but rules are rules I guess. I'll let someone with more power come to a conclusion on this one.
Natsu
i don't care about this too much, but if this happen one time, then :

Monstrata wrote:

this should be allowed too ^ lol
Stefan
C00L/Battle: Yeah I saw the thread and I also went through every post in this thread here but that is not needed because I see very well alone from the creator's words what's the origin meaning of "Sample Text". However, you guys assume anyone who doesn't heard of the contest and not reading the creator's words would understand why are the difficulty names labeled like that. It makes sense to label a difficulty if it's an exception, such as being a Collab. At this point it very well makes sense to label them as Sample Text's <difficulty>. For here we have just a stupid adjunct in the difficulty names while people would IF THEY BOTHER check the creator's words anyway - which describes perfectly the mapset - there where it belongs.

Ascendance: I am sorry, lemme call it egdy instead. Because it pretty much is edgy considering what's the origin of Sample Text (aside of the mapping team). Sense exist until the point when it looks silly and has weak arguments to justify the action. And common sense would start with asking if you have to explictly mention the mapper's/group's name in every difficulty if they are doing everything anyways.

Natsu: And that's the point when people overdone things and have too much "fun".
Syph
i mean it's quite obvious it's from a tournament since it's in the description?? people can see why the diff names are like that
show more