forum

Marilyn Manson - We Know Where You Fucking Live

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on miércoles, 20 de septiembre de 2017 at 18:04:40

Artist: Marilyn Manson
Title: We Know Where You Fucking Live
BPM: 130
Filesize: 6846kb
Play Time: 02:33
Difficulties Available:
  1. Jump Training (4,98 stars, 425 notes)
  2. Schizophrenia (4,94 stars, 406 notes)
Download: Marilyn Manson - We Know Where You Fucking Live
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Working on it. I listened the drums for first time and i knew i had to map it.
Feel free to mod or ask me anything.
Ignore Jump Training, it's just for fun.
blueloniess
wired sliders.
use green line to the kiai part.
pls accomplish it with hitsounds
and make your notes more connective.

maybe you can have a check on pishifat's userpage
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/pishifat

he has posted a lot of osu! mapping tutorial in his user page to teach people how to map a map
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

blueloniess wrote:

wired sliders.
use green line to the kiai part.
pls accomplish it with hitsounds
and make your notes more connective.

maybe you can have a check on pishifat's userpage
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/pishifat

he has posted a lot of osu! mapping tutorial in his user page to teach people how to map a map
I put the red line by mistake. The red line also was changing a little bit the timming and i didn't notice testing it by ear. Mean to put the green one.
Hitsounds done. Have to recheck them and make changes until i get happy with them.
I'm triying to figure how to make them more connective. I like the flow and circles placement in general, but probably i will change them to make more "stable/reconocible" patterns, and also i have to do something with the spacing to make them more consistent with rhythm. That will change the patterns so i have to figure well how to do it properly without change map's essence.

He have tons of usefull info. I'm learning for my self testing things and asking some questions. Probably i'll learn a lot from his tutorials.
Yudragen
From my m4m queue.

Well, I can't mod this map. Nearly everything would have to be changed. So I'll just tell you what to do and how to map (beginner myself) at least a bit.

First thing, use Grid Level 4. It's used by nearly every mapper because it gives the best outcome and clarity of the map.
Second thing, for now try to use distance snapping. Not like you used it in this map but in a much better way:
-flow:
There are a few types of flow (pishifat's videos will explain them better than me) which are supposed to be used to make maps easy to follow.
Third thing, don't make so weird sliders. They are just a pain to watch and play. Like, what is this: https://puu.sh/xEBhv/1b054a657b.png. Nearly the same and better effect can be achieved like that: https://puu.sh/xEBl9/6a874dd128.png
Fourth thing, you cannot map only to the drums. You should map to the rhythm overall. Starting with a song like that where it's really hard to hear other sounds than drums isn't a good idea. And the low bpm also makes things complicated.
Fifth thing, watch pishifat's videos. They will really help you understanding in what way to map.
Sixth thing, don't make random patterns. Most of the circle placing is trying to be somehow patternish, but they aren't. Anyway, you shouldn't start with a song like this as i mentioned before. To make a good pattern, first you should listen to the song and think about how to emphasize exact sounds. I understand that 00:18:150 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,1,2,3,4,5) - all of those are trying to do so, but the offset is wrong. It should be something like 6131 though I'm not sure.
Seventh thing, new combos should start at the big white ticks, like here: 02:20:163 (3) -
Eighth thing, map should be easy to follow. This is nearly the same as following the flow of the map, but you have to think of how to make some patterns. Should the circles be placed as a star or overlapping themselves? Or maybe some of the circles should be a slider. This might be a bit complicated but if u don't stop mapping it should start becoming more clear.

Everyone makes mistakes and making a bad map is a starting point for everyone. Don't discourage yourself and keep going. Good luck!
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

ChaoticRed wrote:

From my m4m queue.

Well, I can't mod this map. Nearly everything would have to be changed. So I'll just tell you what to do and how to map (beginner myself) at least a bit.

First thing, use Grid Level 4. It's used by nearly every mapper because it gives the best outcome and clarity of the map.
Second thing, for now try to use distance snapping. Not like you used it in this map but in a much better way:
-flow:
There are a few types of flow (pishifat's videos will explain them better than me) which are supposed to be used to make maps easy to follow.
Third thing, don't make so weird sliders. They are just a pain to watch and play. Like, what is this: https://puu.sh/xEBhv/1b054a657b.png. Nearly the same and better effect can be achieved like that: https://puu.sh/xEBl9/6a874dd128.png
Fourth thing, you cannot map only to the drums. You should map to the rhythm overall. Starting with a song like that where it's really hard to hear other sounds than drums isn't a good idea. And the low bpm also makes things complicated.
Fifth thing, watch pishifat's videos. They will really help you understanding in what way to map.
Sixth thing, don't make random patterns. Most of the circle placing is trying to be somehow patternish, but they aren't. Anyway, you shouldn't start with a song like this as i mentioned before. To make a good pattern, first you should listen to the song and think about how to emphasize exact sounds. I understand that 00:18:150 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,1,2,3,4,5) - all of those are trying to do so, but the offset is wrong. It should be something like 6131 though I'm not sure.
Seventh thing, new combos should start at the big white ticks, like here: 02:20:163 (3) -
Eighth thing, map should be easy to follow. This is nearly the same as following the flow of the map, but you have to think of how to make some patterns. Should the circles be placed as a star or overlapping themselves? Or maybe some of the circles should be a slider. This might be a bit complicated but if u don't stop mapping it should start becoming more clear.

Everyone makes mistakes and making a bad map is a starting point for everyone. Don't discourage yourself and keep going. Good luck!
First: I Wasn't using it at all on the map, so i let the grid line that as a reference and small help placing some circles.
Second: The flow and spacing it's for play the map with HR. Seems weird without mod :S. Also patterns are keeping a distance bases on playing the map, instead a exactly X distance. Just a personal idea what don't seems to work well. I don't feel changing it.
Third: All the slidders on the map are shit. Can't find something what i like at this map, so i let them like that until find what to do.
Fourth: I like drums^^. There are also some patterns at guitar and vocals.
Fifth: Want to learn to do maps mapping instead reading or watching, and with community information based on the maps what i show. So i keep the things what i like and lear to improve what i don't like how i did.
Sixth: It's hard for me to move from my mind to the editor without forgot things. I changed patterns so many times. I need to improve them mapping more.
I think the offset it's good. I mapped all the circles 1 by 1 at 0x25 and for me seems all perfectly timmed. I'll check it, just in case.
Seventh: I let the combos like that to make the map easier to play, even if don't make sense to the rhythm at every single point.
Eighth: Isn't it easy to follow? It's even easy to follow with DT being 9'3AR. Can't agree with that. Maybe because i know circles placement, but i see it really easy and understandable to read. I may be wrong. Don't know. Mapping by sounds i don't find so many places to add more slidders without break the map.

I'm actually making 100 times better maps. But spend around 4 hours to map 17 seconds from a 6 min map and getting stucked a lot to do the things what i want what fit perfectly.
I'm taking this map seriously just because it's a bad map but i think the idea it's good. It have tons of space to improving and want to learn how to do it and make from this a good map. Also i like the song drums^^.
SawySavvy
I wont comment a lot on your slider art and flow placements.
That's your vision of the map and i think very few will truly understand it.
If done right you'll find player who love it, and those who hate it. I'm not one to judge any of that.

BUT
I can nag about rythm errors and consistency stuff!
Woohooo, lets go.

Mod spam
You have a pattern going where you do this ''j'' slider then walk back with single taps in the same shape of said slider.
00:20:920 (1) -
But here you do not? You do the same walk upwards to the right. Wai is this?
00:24:612 (1) -
^ Same thing there.

00:28:997 (1) -
This slider bothers me.
You mainly map after the vocals and/or drums.
But in the middle of this slider you have a rather clear white tick begging for attention.
I've seen some people use red anchors mid slider to represent such an event but more commonly i see repeat sliders where the repeat highlights the drum hit and the ''click speed'' still stick to the vocals.
Not sure what you wanna do here, but i would consider a repeat slider and change the slider after.

00:29:689 (2) -
The slider after...It does not represent the vocal very well since the strong part of his singing is on the red tick. Perhaps move it backwards and have it start on said red tick?
Then add a single tap to the white tick that is now empty (and got a strong drum sound)
Something like: https://puu.sh/xG6su/0c3f128404.png
^ Just a timeline suggestion

00:42:612 (4) -
At the end of this slider, the major white tick, a ''stream event'' starts with the drums.
As a rule of thumb all stream event should start on white ticks since it's more comfy to play and makes more sense rythm wise. I would end this slider at the red or blue tick before depending on what rythm you have, then start the single tap ''spam'' at the major white tick.

01:01:766 -
Should be a single tap here imo to better reflect the epic drums.
01:03:612 -
Same
01:05:920 -
Same
01:07:304 -
Same

01:27:381 (1,1) -
These two liders i would make longer to be honest.
First one would end at 01:28:997 -
Second would end at 01:32:689 -
That way i think they stand out more and you could even keep the slider art as it is now by just lowering the Velo rate, or adapt it to the new longer sliders as you please.
All to better reflect the sound you're mapping.

Stopping there.
Since i think what's the main issue here, imo, is that mentality behind when/how you apply sliders compared to single taps.
It feels like you lack a clear picture of what you want your sliders to represent, or i could not understand it in a clear way anyhow.
This either means i payed to little attention, or that your ideal that you tried to map was weak/poorly done.
Non the less, i think it's worth for you to review your slider usage and ask yourself on each and every one: ''Why is this a slider?'' and also ''Why is this a repeat slider? Should that slider also be a repeat? Should it not?'' Overall just go back and review your usage and ask yourself once more ''what am i trying to display with my sliders? What sound are i'm trying to show the player?''

Once you have your clear answers for that -> Then you can start to map in a consistent way since you know how you want your sounds to look like.

I wish you the best of luck with your map..

Cheers
Sawy
NecrozmaSpin
Why is this a map? I'm not complaining though. I love it. Good meme map.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.