Nana Takahashi - NEXT ONE feat. cold kiss - Nhato Remix

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ambrew

MaridiuS wrote:

00:45:410 (1) - almost certain this would lead to 100 on the end since you leave only 1/16 time to hit the next slider which is not even close to the previous one, I would consider shortening the duration of it are you high, there's 1/4 time to hit the next slider

sorry I meant that in musical terms. 1/4 is the beat snap divisor. It's not the same as the time. 1/4 = quarter notes = every white tick. 1/8 = eighth notes = every white & red tick. 1/16 = sixteenth notes = every white, red and blue tick. that lands on a blue tick, hence 1/16. hope that made more sense!
timemon
change the bg to jpeg
drum-hitnormal4.wav unused hitsounds

[map]
01:18:898 (1,2,3,1) - here you have a flowy movement, really a lenient one too. but 01:20:119 (2) - this slider just forces the player to stop basically. It feels really awkward to play, it would fit better if you just map the slider normally as it will keep the flow going on better.

01:23:433 (4,5,1) - this type of movement just strains the player for no reason.

01:32:154 (1,2) - this should be a slider according to your map

01:32:765 (4,1) - why is this so far away from the slider

01:36:863 (2) - same about the movement thing I talked about.

01:51:863 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - just convert streams from sliders, look better this way. also I think 01:52:387 (1) - should be a slider for the downbeat. fits better

02:03:549 - this calm section has too much note density. You decrease the spacing but I think that alone is not enough. You should cut down both the object density and spacing. You don't have to map everything during calm section.

01:00:584 (3,4,1,2,3,4) - this is just awkward to play and hard to read. same for the next one nearby. You don't seem to be using the "hard to read and repeat pattern" concept very consistently. It just kind of shows up for this section and more or less just doesn't show up ever again. It'd be better to just map these normally

Some slider shapes in the Kiais force the player to halt and stop. Which I believe it should be flowy like the song. 02:50:294 (1,2) - like here, in reality the player will just move a bit but they will sit on top of the slider without moving. so these 2 sliders just make the player stop. The donut ones are probably the biggest offender here. You need to consider that players will not follow the sliders like the AUTO does.

you map it consistently so my suggestion applies to all similiar parts (So that I don't have to point everything out and you don't have to copy paste your replies all over the place)

GL
Topic Starter
MaridiuS

timemon wrote:

change the bg to jpeg ye
drum-hitnormal4.wav unused hitsounds ye

[map]
01:18:898 (1,2,3,1) - here you have a flowy movement, really a lenient one too. but 01:20:119 (2) - this slider just forces the player to stop basically. It feels really awkward to play, it would fit better if you just map the slider normally as it will keep the flow going on better. idk dude the C sliders feels flowy to me, I spin them always when I play, otherwise if it's just a stop motion, they wouldn't be as present in the meta as they are.

01:23:433 (4,5,1) - this type of movement just strains the player for no reason. reason: 01:23:782 (1) - emphasis on this. I vary the map with medium spaced wide jumps to highly/medium spaced sharp for emphasis. Feels fine to me with this bpm and cs3.3.

01:32:154 (1,2) - this should be a slider according to your map 01:32:852 (1,2) - I'm varying these notes often. Usually if there's a slider before it, i give it two easy to hit notes in order to give sliders on vocals as a form of differentiation : 01:33:201 (3,4) -

01:32:765 (4,1) - why is this so far away from the slider pattern building, will probably remap, kinda sad.

01:36:863 (2) - same about the movement thing I talked about. same

01:51:863 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - just convert streams from sliders, look better this way. also I think 01:52:387 (1) - should be a slider for the downbeat. fits better stream looks pretty nice to me even by freehand. I won't make it a slider, in order to make the following pattern work like they do, with
1 2 slider 1 2 slider.

02:03:549 - this calm section has too much note density. You decrease the spacing but I think that alone is not enough. You should cut down both the object density and spacing. You don't have to map everything during calm section. that's pretty subjective, but being on 172bpm a little bit of tapping doesn't hurt. There are plenty of 1/2 sliders in a row for some relaxing, and since it's a buildup the spacing on the start is also chill. The song goes with constant 1/2 notes, and I couldn't find anythnig particular to do 1/1 sliders or something.

01:00:584 (3,4,1,2,3,4) - this is just awkward to play and hard to read. same for the next one nearby. You don't seem to be using the "hard to read and repeat pattern" concept very consistently. It just kind of shows up for this section and more or less just doesn't show up ever again. It'd be better to just map these normally No testplayers except filthy pp farmers who have never seen a gimmicky pattern had trouble on that. I personally think it's a nice touch and feels much better than some low spaced 3stack in some random placement.

Some slider shapes in the Kiais force the player to halt and stop. Which I believe it should be flowy like the song. 02:50:294 (1,2) - like here, in reality the player will just move a bit but they will sit on top of the slider without moving. so these 2 sliders just make the player stop. The donut ones are probably the biggest offender here. You need to consider that players will not follow the sliders like the AUTO does. idk i follow sliders when I play, so I don't plan on changing them if a few players prefer to not move or something.

you map it consistently so my suggestion applies to all similiar parts (So that I don't have to point everything out and you don't have to copy paste your replies all over the place)

GL
Thanks for the mod.
Catshy
Hi from my queue!

[Subsequent]
  1. 00:11:922 - no need for a green line here
  2. 00:45:061 (3,4) - move 00:45:061 (3) - to create a straight line with 00:44:887 (2,3,4) - then ctrl+G those two circles
  3. 01:08:782 (1,2,3) - what's the reason to space them out like that? there're no beats that stand out
  4. 01:12:619 (5,6) - do you really think this needs bigger jump than 01:12:445 (4,5) - ? I could understand it's for an emphasis if it was the other way around
  5. 01:15:584 (2) - if you move this more to the left side, you'll get much better flow imo
  6. 01:32:503 (3,4,1) - you can't just make triples in places you want them and ignore the rest (like I am the one to talk about the consistency lol); I just don't get it why you don't make them in places like 01:24:392 - 01:29:974 - etc
  7. 02:03:549 (1,2,3,4) - I think they're too similar to previous 1/4s (02:02:328 (2,3,4) - ); how about forming them into a square?
  8. 02:24:480 - unnecessary green line
  9. 03:10:526 (1,2,3,4) - this feels really weird to play; something like 03:13:317 (1,2,3,4) - would be much better
  10. 04:39:305 (4,5) - I don't think there's need for a jump this big

[Afterword]
You got better at mapping since the last time I've modded your stuff. There are still few things you can improve. About the M4M as you can probably tell, I'm more of a metal person so, unless you don't mind giving me a ticket without expiration date just take it as a NM c:
Good luck!
Topic Starter
MaridiuS

Catshy wrote:

Hi from my queue!

[Subsequent]
  1. 00:11:922 - no need for a green line here 1.00sv and volume increase?
  2. 00:45:061 (3,4) - move 00:45:061 (3) - to create a straight line with 00:44:887 (2,3,4) - then ctrl+G those two circles did it actually lol
  3. 01:08:782 (1,2,3) - what's the reason to space them out like that? there're no beats that stand out heavy drum roll
  4. 01:12:619 (5,6) - do you really think this needs bigger jump than 01:12:445 (4,5) - ? I could understand it's for an emphasis if it was the other way around 01:12:794 (6) - if you listen a bit, this has some heavy electronic + kick sound on it. Wanted to add more circles to click right before the start of the buildup.
  5. 01:15:584 (2) - if you move this more to the left side, you'll get much better flow imo small spacing big circles, and I also think it plays fine the way it is.
  6. 01:32:503 (3,4,1) - you can't just make triples in places you want them and ignore the rest (like I am the one to talk about the consistency lol); I just don't get it why you don't make them in places like 01:24:392 - 01:29:974 - etc I actually can, with vague 1/4's going in the background, some are subjectively more noticeable and it freshens the pattern building, resulting in those triples not harming the gameplay, while more patterns are made.
  7. 02:03:549 (1,2,3,4) - I think they're too similar to previous 1/4s (02:02:328 (2,3,4) - ); how about forming them into a square? squares on overlapping spacing is gay. Keeping, about 10% testplays misread it so idc, git gud or something xd
  8. 02:24:480 - unnecessary green line true
  9. 03:10:526 (1,2,3,4) - this feels really weird to play; something like 03:13:317 (1,2,3,4) - would be much better feels just as weird as I want it to be.
  10. 04:39:305 (4,5) - I don't think there's need for a jump this big i'm fine with it, its not "this" big, its of a reasonable size.

[Afterword]
You got better at mapping since the last time I've modded your stuff. There are still few things you can improve. About the M4M as you can probably tell, I'm more of a metal person so, unless you don't mind giving me a ticket without expiration date just take it as a NM c: You could you know at least mention what are you referring to when talking about "things I could improve", as I didn't took a grasp of it in the mod. whenever you map some song that I may like, call me and I can do an irc or something.
Good luck!
Thanks for the mod.
Karen
Subsequent
i don't want to mod this map detailedly because it doesn't reach the quality of being ranked, the main problem the map is stacking overuse
it's hard to make a map clean with a small cs but it doesn't mean stacking everywhere makes it clean, your map looks like "oh i can stack them here so lets do it" and it ruins the flow, aesthetics and everything
for example, 01:00:584 (3,4,1,2,3,4) - this is extremely terrible to play in most cases because it's barely readable
01:04:770 (4,2,3,4) - same
00:31:456 (1,4) - not reasonable at all

the other problem is the slider design, in the kiai sections you curve literally every slider a lot like 01:22:038 (2,3) - , it's unnecessary, and also uncomfortable to play, especially for those sliders with curved tails, player wouldn't move their cursors to the tails a tall, so the edgy shapes just give players cancer, and make the slider flow not smooth

it also has some emphasis issues like 01:34:596 (3,4,1) - but it's not that important comparing to the problems above, you can improve it after you know the basic mapping knowledge

00:23:956 (2) - move this down http://puu.sh/xWs40/c1c552a061.png

sorry for a short mod, you can mod less diffs on my map too
gl.
Topic Starter
MaridiuS

Karen wrote:

Subsequent
i don't want to mod this map detailedly because it doesn't reach the quality of being ranked, the main problem the map is stacking overuse
it's hard to make a map clean with a small cs but it doesn't mean stacking everywhere makes it clean, your map looks like "oh i can stack them here so lets do it" and it ruins the flow, aesthetics and everything
for example, 01:00:584 (3,4,1,2,3,4) - this is extremely terrible to play in most cases because it's barely readable
01:04:770 (4,2,3,4) - same
00:31:456 (1,4) - not reasonable at all

if you're having this much trouble reading it, you should really be ashamed on a 5,4* star tbh. How dare I base the map on overlaps and have unusual / a little bit hard patterns to read. I won't bother into explaining the concepts and how every section has something unique to it while the map overall being based on full overlaps and ~2x emphasis.

the other problem is the slider design, in the kiai sections you curve literally every slider a lot like 01:22:038 (2,3) - , it's unnecessary, and also uncomfortable to play, especially for those sliders with curved tails, player wouldn't move their cursors to the tails a tall, so the edgy shapes just give players cancer, and make the slider flow not smooth I curve every slider a lot. See, it is consistent, and your reason is strongly subjective. This is seen in many maps too. and saying that it gives cancer when I play it and other testplayers with ease, I am seriously putting in question your capabilities.

it also has some emphasis issues like 01:34:596 (3,4,1) - but it's not that important comparing to the problems above, you can improve it after you know the basic mapping knowledge Basic mapping knowledge, after mentioning something like that, don't you feel that the mapper will feel worthless and stupid? Making all of his motivation die.
Whats more, you do this expecting a mod back. Please take a look at osu! code of conduct. Maybe you just had a bad day.

00:23:956 (2) - move this down http://puu.sh/xWs40/c1c552a061.png

sorry for a short mod, you can mod less diffs on my map too
gl.

Anyways please be less rude in your mods, especially as a BN, other modders/mappers are supposed to look up to people in your position
Voli
Karen's mod was rather badly worded. Don't use words like ''terrible'' or ''gives players cancer'' in your mods. You're supposed to encourage change and help the mapper, not crack down on them.

That said, MaridiuS, could you stop crying? Your response is rather immature as well. You point Karen towards the CoC, but your own message comes off as childish and sarcastic. You don't have to comment on the capability of the modder in your response. You're doing the exact same thing as Karen now.

I encourage both of you to take a look at the CoC instead.
Topic Starter
MaridiuS

Voli wrote:

Karen's mod was rather badly worded. Don't use words like ''terrible'' or ''gives players cancer'' in your mods. You're supposed to encourage change and help the mapper, not crack down on them.

That said, MaridiuS, could you stop crying? Your response is rather immature as well. You point Karen towards the CoC, but your own message comes off as childish and sarcastic. You don't have to comment on the capability of the modder in your response.

I encourage both of you to take a look at the CoC instead.
I just thought if I sounded offensive it could make the point of his mod being offensive stronger. Explaining in detail would sound wasted, and merely dismissing it as subjective won't make the impact on him as he would soon forget it. Thanks for coming to try to calm it out, but I think there won't be any drama past this point.
Voli

MaridiuS wrote:

Explaining in detail would sound wasted, and merely dismissing it as subjective won't make the impact on him as he would soon forget it. Thanks for coming to try to calm it out, but I think there won't be any drama past this point.
The same could be said for Karen's comments, perhaps he thought you'd just dismiss it, hadn't he been harsh. No need to justify, just stop.
Karen
oh, i didn't want to be rude at all, i just didn't know how to explain some points and my english is terrible, sorry for that
if you still consider it as a bad attitude, i'm fine with it, as long as you understand my mod
i wish it won't kill your motivation
Topic Starter
MaridiuS
Anyone for any reason viewing this thread, dw about Karen, we cool now.
Ambrew
Okey dokey
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.